Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting out new van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Haha it will be tidy tomorrow I hope!! I'm having a massive throw out of bit's i've accumulated as well. I was hoping to get away without the shelves but they're pretty useful! Haha trust me i've been tempted to use the saw on a couple of occasions... I do minor gutter repairs as well so it's for that.

Looking good , not much spare space ???
?Maybe should have gone LWB hahah... I'll be switching out the tank for an upright 650l with a smaller footprint allowing me to store the vac between it and the bulkhead and freeing up a load of space. 

All finished, apart from sign writing and the new tank when i get round to it! And the battery tray which should be delivered today

B4637D7B-4A99-4458-84DB-EFF14766F789.jpeg

D954EC45-612A-40AE-8F25-2EEE7EAAFF99.jpeg

1A83DF06-6DD7-44EF-AE2C-84544E0B1186.jpeg

@PjjDid you get your reels sorted?
I now have a wiring diagram I have fitted the controllers and boxes but they still need wiring up my mate is doing it tomorrow , spent most of the day sorting a few issues !!!!!!!! But getting there slowly , in between loads of paperwork , phone calls , emails , hoping that the other internal roof bars will be hear tomorrow they are coming from Germany 

3C1BD7DF-3402-4CF9-B508-091A0824C429.jpeg

I now have a wiring diagram I have fitted the controllers and boxes but they still need wiring up my mate is doing it tomorrow , spent most of the day sorting a few issues !!!!!!!! But getting there slowly , in between loads of paperwork , phone calls , emails , hoping that the other internal roof bars will be hear tomorrow they are coming from Germany 

View attachment 22689
They look like the expensive stainless reels? I have a set and discarded the black plastic plate I see you have used. My red and green button units are loose so I can hold it with one hand but maybe safer on the wall but I don't have that yellow handle which you will probably remove. I wait 3 weeks for a 7m roof ladder which arrived bent today. Spent a few hours straightening the section before bolting it together. Know how you feel, wanting to get it finished and start working with work building up but you will get there one step at a time. ?

I wait 3 weeks for a 7m roof ladder which arrived bent today. Spent a few hours straightening the section before bolting it together.
Seriously? You straightened a ladder and intend to use it????? Please tell me I have that wrong? I realise it's 'only' a roof ladder but think of possible consequences of it failing when you are getting on, off or using it????

Get the seller to replace it.

Seriously? You straightened a ladder and intend to use it????? Please tell me I have that wrong? I realise it's 'only' a roof ladder but think of possible consequences of it failing when you are getting on, off or using it????

Get the seller to replace it.
I could have and waited another 3 weeks. I can work wonders with a blow torch and too much work on because of weather. I did a PW driveway end of October and the neighbour was asking me for a quote to do his. Today he called and wants it done as soon as. Its crazy times because of the virus and maybe folk cooped up on furlough. I have never been so busy, even getting a new window cleaning customer each week. ?

Hose reels now all wired up and working will give them a proper try tomorrow as to cold and wet tonight , just the internal roof rack , ladder fixings and pole holders to sort , still waiting for them to arrive . 

CC73268A-5BBB-4B87-B33E-C6F9EC65C85A.jpeg

FF0CB8EE-9A44-4D01-9658-2569F38EEE74.jpeg

1C066E21-8266-4487-BD86-20261247D20F.jpeg

Today the system was bolted in , I have re installed the filtration , changed the resin , checked the output from the ros and that’s fine , and started re routing the hoses for the hose reels , also fitted the shore power socket in the side of the van . 

As a side point this is a cheap easy way to fill a resin vessel using an old screen wash container just push the resin down with your fingers works well .  

View attachment 22515

View attachment 22516

View attachment 22517

View attachment 22518

View attachment 22519
I've just noticed. The rear barn doors swing right round. You will have to make sure the door doesn't get damaged on your 230v socket. It looks like the stop might just prevent the door from connecting with the socket.

I've just noticed. The rear barn doors swing right round. You will have to make sure the door doesn't get damaged on your 230v socket. It looks like the stop might just prevent the door from connecting with the socket.
Surprisingly there is a lot of room Evan with the doors folded right back , I did check  that before I fitted it the old saying measure twice cut once I measured about 10 times before fitting ????? , you obviously have eagle eyes noticing that the doors can fold right back ???

those grippa reels look great!...lets hope you have better luck with these!they look solid enough....and up to the job
Hears hoping I cannot believe Ime saying this but I almost thought about going with the pure freedom reels again , until my staff reminded me of all the issues we had before ??? if theses reels arnt any good that will be the only choice  left ??

View attachment 22689
Is that a handrail to help you get into the van ?

Back