Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting out new van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Similar but no not the same this is the biggest van the other 2 are smaller Toyota pro ace and Vito .All have hot systems , and carry the same kit though  
Looking forward to seeing the new van setup when it completed. 

Here's my new van delivered today... Going to drive for a week before doing any irreversible mods then get her up and running next week! 

View attachment 22473
They arnt a bad van I have a Toyota version very good on fuel Evan with a full payload , is it a long wheelbase ? Difficult to tell from the picture , lovely ride quite and comfortable we took it up Lancashire to get my new van it’s like driving a car , Ime sure you will be pleased with it enjoy ???

They arnt a bad van I have a Toyota version very good on fuel Evan with a full payload , is it a long wheelbase ? Difficult to tell from the picture , lovely ride quite and comfortable we took it up Lancashire to get my new van it’s like driving a car , Ime sure you will be pleased with it enjoy ???
It's the standard wheelbase. It's perfect for me really, good payload and good on fuel as I commute to london (about 40 miles each way) 4 days out of 8. Can't wait to fit it out and get going!! 

@Pjj You dont have any pictures of how you've mounted your pole holders in your proace do you? I've only got one cross beam to mount to in this so trying to work out best way to do it.... theres threaded holes in it which I will probably use once I can work out the size of the thread!

@Pjj You dont have any pictures of how you've mounted your pole holders in your proace do you? I've only got one cross beam to mount to in this so trying to work out best way to do it.... theres threaded holes in it which I will probably use once I can work out the size of the thread!
I can take some pictures for you if you  like but I have a thermopure in it and have mounted the pole carrier on that , so unless you have an ionics system it would be difficult to copy , the van is working away in London until Thursday but will take some pictures on Friday to show you the set up if you like 

In most vans you'll find drilled hole tabs around the top of the panels and roofline. This is the only time where Rivnuts can he used if you wish to add custom made pole racks etc. 99% of most van captive nuts in European vans are M8 1.25 

@Mx19 there is threaded m6 holes towards the rear and then we’ve drilled holes in the centre section either side of the light closest to the bulkhead. In the little flaps and used a nut and bolt.

I’ll take a pic today or tomorrow and post it up. 

Lighting is poor plus I have an older iPhone so quality not great but hopefully should show what I mean. 
hope it’s useful. Ace colour van by the way. 

ED1E56B0-4E91-402A-8875-7AD78956B7B1.jpeg

In most vans you'll find drilled hole tabs around the top of the panels and roofline. This is the only time where Rivnuts can he used if you wish to add custom made pole racks etc. 99% of most van captive nuts in European vans are M8 1.25 
Brilliant! Thanks a lot!

Lighting is poor plus I have an older iPhone so quality not great but hopefully should show what I mean. 
hope it’s useful. Ace colour van by the way. 

View attachment 22478
Ahh gotcha. Thanks a lot mate, that makes sense. So the bolts are m6, Noted ??

Looks good. Is the hot box difficult to service or is there space between it and bulkhead?

Are you sure straps are best way to install a big tank like that ??? Sorry couldn't resist.

Looking great, I like the blue outlined in white on the black background.

Looks good. Is the hot box difficult to service or is there space between it and bulkhead?

Are you sure straps are best way to install a big tank like that ??? Sorry couldn't resist.

Looking great, I like the blue outlined in white on the black background.
Yes there is about 27 inches between it and the bulk head so plenty of room to work on the boiler . 

Who needs to bolt a tank in thought I would use the ratchet straps instead ???

The White outline is reflective in low light or vehicle lights in it . 

3C932EDB-F925-43D2-B465-19B4D3B48757.jpeg

Today the system was bolted in , I have re installed the filtration , changed the resin , checked the output from the ros and that’s fine , and started re routing the hoses for the hose reels , also fitted the shore power socket in the side of the van . 

As a side point this is a cheap easy way to fill a resin vessel using an old screen wash container just push the resin down with your fingers works well .  

24755311-10F1-48B9-B0CC-88CC7DD0AB00.jpeg

F2268F95-4A94-4B4C-B006-ABE11B497FD8.jpeg

DE779A70-6034-4651-A6BC-6851C8C04B60.jpeg

3CF61F6D-53C6-49DB-9AD6-FC4FCB821F47.jpeg

192AC7AF-1DF6-4557-BF6C-3EA943C503DE.jpeg

Today the system was bolted in , I have re installed the filtration , changed the resin , checked the output from the ros and that’s fine , and started re routing the hoses for the hose reels , also fitted the shore power socket in the side of the van . 

As a side point this is a cheap easy way to fill a resin vessel using an old screen wash container just push the resin down with your fingers works well .  

View attachment 22515

View attachment 22516

View attachment 22517

View attachment 22518

View attachment 22519
Lovely installation ?

Today my mate whose a marine electrician did the electrics everything is now working , just waiting for Grippatank to supply the reels hopefully they will be hear next week , also started on the plumbing but waiting for under bumper hose ports to arrive  as well all very frustrating being held up bu such basic things ???

2B937216-A2F1-4605-BDBE-A524D41B3F3E.jpeg

62B2CEA4-847E-400A-91FB-1AEB6DA4902B.jpeg

E3392C45-0AB6-4170-A7EE-03AD728A3080.jpeg

F85E319C-819F-4D33-8C29-27518EE533E3.jpeg

14224938-D5AB-4C71-B4F3-DFE02A2CE3E6.jpeg

8C5A3B33-BEE9-47A8-8089-FC24EFF6501E.jpeg

Nice new Man van Paul. Looks like the same as mine, MWB Crafter and the tank and batteries in same place. Not sure if I would have went for dark grey but not many going about the roads so it will stand out. ?

Back