Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting out new van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hears hoping I cannot believe Ime saying this but I almost thought about going with the pure freedom reels again , until my staff reminded me of all the issues we had before ??? if theses reels arnt any good that will be the only choice  left ??
Never had a problem with my PF reel and it's been in the van since January. Give them another go, you won't regret it ?

I could have and waited another 3 weeks. I can work wonders with a blow torch and too much work on because of weather. I did a PW driveway end of October and the neighbour was asking me for a quote to do his. Today he called and wants it done as soon as. Its crazy times because of the virus and maybe folk cooped up on furlough. I have never been so busy, even getting a new window cleaning customer each week. ?
When you spend thousands on checkertrade work comes to anyone 

I now have a wiring diagram I have fitted the controllers and boxes but they still need wiring up my mate is doing it tomorrow , spent most of the day sorting a few issues !!!!!!!! But getting there slowly , in between loads of paperwork , phone calls , emails , hoping that the other internal roof bars will be hear tomorrow they are coming from Germany 

View attachment 22689
They are beasts 

Tell me about it! Would love to expand but have to keep reminding myself that I work too much as it is haha!
To try and help you make your decision here is my thoughts. Stay as you are and constantly refine your round. End up earning a very good wage but be prepared to work on your own doing the same things day in day out till you're 60.

Expand and employ, have many employees until you find a good one. Spend 2 years doing this with loads of stress without earning anymore. Once at this level after a year or so go through process again due to wanting to expand again. You're now on a fast moving roundabout you can't get off. After 10 years of this sell up and retire.

To try and help you make your decision here is my thoughts. Stay as you are and constantly refine your round. End up earning a very good wage but be prepared to work on your own doing the same things day in day out till you're 60.

Expand and employ, have many employees until you find a good one. Spend 2 years doing this with loads of stress without earning anymore. Once at this level after a year or so go through process again due to wanting to expand again. You're now on a fast moving roundabout you can't get off. After 10 years of this sell up and retire.
Blimey! steady on PT, you'll have the poor guy slashing his wrists. ?

why 60?i know 2 window cleaners who are both in their mid 70s still window cleaning....they look great for their age...just topping up their pensions working part time....

i hope im fit enough to still be working at 75.......

i hope im fit enough to still be working at 75.......
I left school at 16 and have never been unemployed, hopefully by the time I'm 60 I have enough money put aside to sit back and enjoy whatever time I have left. I will continue to do the paperwork and scheduling, maybe even have the odd trip working away, when and if I fancy it. The thought of working in all weathers until I'm well in to my 60's fills me with dread. 

I left school at 16 and have never been unemployed, hopefully by the time I'm 60 I have enough money put aside to sit back and enjoy whatever time I have left. I will continue to do the paperwork and scheduling, maybe even have the odd trip working away, when and if I fancy it. The thought of working in all weathers until I'm well in to my 60's fills me with dread. 
Totally agree. I’m stopping between 58-60. I could stop earlier as I’ve enough in my pension, but want to be swanning around the world whenever I please.

Like you, the thought of going out working in the cold and wet in my sixties fills me with dread. Rather be living the high life ?.

Have a great weekend fellow windies. Pub time 

?????????????????????????????

i lived my high life in my teens,20s and 30s.......ill be happy to work a bit here and there on the tools at the *** end of my life (if im fit enough).....albeit part time..........

....ive had my fair share of clubbing,drinking,women and drug taking all in my younger years,played in lots of bands playing drums,gigs,holidays,etc......at one time my life was one long party!

i really like being out on the tools....some window cleaners absolutely hate it though and cant wait to retire.....not me.....?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back