Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Xtreme Brush Updated

WCF

Help Support WCF:

southcoastkev

I see lots of love for the Xtreme brushes on here, and just incase anyone hasn't seen, Gardiner have made an update to the 26cm flocked sill brush so it now has some white firmer bristles on the sides (same as the 35cm version which it works well on). Hopefully this helps them with a bit extra power to get those spider nests and corner dirt off the windows.

Attachments

• xtreme_sill_flocked_brush_-_new_edges_1200.jpg
    xtreme_sill_flocked_brush_-_new_edges_1200.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 2
I see lots of love for the Xtreme brushes on here, and just incase anyone hasn't seen, Gardiner have made an update to the 26cm flocked sill brush so it now has some white firmer bristles on the sides (same as the 35cm version which it works well on). Hopefully this helps them with a bit extra power to get those spider nests and corner dirt off the windows.
Badger brush

I must admit I hate sill brushes. Too much applied force on the brush due to attempting to utilise its outer most bristles on confined spaces like gfs cleans.

I wish that they would make a regular (non sill) version of the 35cm flocked Xtreme. I have no need of the sill version

Yes me too. I really like the flocked ultimate but a non-sill version of the xtreme would be good. Maybe it's a longevity thing.

I must admit I hate sill brushes. Too much applied force on the brush due to attempting to utilise its outer most bristles on confined spaces like gfs cleans.
I seem to be the opposite on these threads. An Xtreme Sill Brush on 4 and 5 floor jobs is an absolute godsend. Saves us loads of time and, more importantly, energy, especially with a swivel

Typical!!!
Only just had 2 of the older type delivered! 😑😑
Could never go back to a standard brush.
I personally feel a sill brush can do anything a standard brush can do, but a standard brush cannot reach a sill as good as a sill brush in tighter areas. Plus no faffing about changing angles and position to wipe the sills.
Just my opinion πŸ‘πŸ™‚πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸ¦°

One of the problems for me with the Xtreme sill brushes is that I can't get as good a clean of the frames above the windows on much of my work as I can with the regular Xtreme. The brush stock is too broad to allow the bristles to reach right back to frame.

Pretty much the only brush I use now for everything is my sawn off 'no longer a sill brush', with the exception of a Gardiner 'water through pad' for stubborn fsg cleans.

One of the problems for me with the Xtreme sill brushes is that I can't get as good a clean of the frames above the windows on much of my work as I can with the regular Xtreme. The brush stock is too broad to allow the bristles to reach right back to frame.

Pretty much the only brush I use now for everything is my sawn off 'no longer a sill brush', with the exception of a Gardiner 'water through pad' for stubborn fsg cleans.
@Marko067 I like the water through pad. I have a couple of juliet balconies and I can put the pad through the balcony railings and push the pad up and down the windows. Do you buy the replacement pads or do you make your own? I was thinking of getting a sheet of the white scrubby pad and making my own using an old.one as a template.

@Marko067 I like the water through pad. I have a couple of juliet balconies and I can put the pad through the balcony railings and push the pad up and down the windows. Do you buy the replacement pads or do you make your own? I was thinking of getting a sheet of the white scrubby pad and making my own using an old.one as a template.
I bought some green scrub pad on a roll from b&q for about Β£5 but I still haven't got round to trying it. It is a bit firmer than the white one but I gave an old piece of upvc a very through scrub and didn't scratch it so I'm guessing it might even be ok on polycarb.

We all have different views on brushes.i tend to just stick to stiff versions of the xtreme and supreme brushes these days.ive tried most gardiner brushes over the years and wasted a fair bit of money too.

They all do the same thing scrub dirt off glass.if I was going to choose one all arounder it would be the supreme brush.its very hard-wearing and gets the spider eggs out of the corner of frames.

As for sills I do my best on upper ones but we re all just hoping we ve got them clean.ground floor are all bang on.πŸ‘

We all have different views on brushes.i tend to just stick to stiff versions of the xtreme and supreme brushes these days.ive tried most gardiner brushes over the years and wasted a fair bit of money too.

They all do the same thing scrub dirt off glass.if I was going to choose one all arounder it would be the supreme brush.its very hard-wearing and gets the spider eggs out of the corner of frames.

As for sills I do my best on upper ones but we re all just hoping we ve got them clean.ground floor are all bang on.πŸ‘
@dazmond do you use stiff brushes with cold water? I've seen a bloke on the FB groups who says the supreme stiff is fine with cold water. Only tried the flocked one myself but I really like the design and they do a pretty good job with sills too πŸ‘

I bought some green scrub pad on a roll from b&q for about Β£5 but I still haven't got round to trying it. It is a bit firmer than the white one but I gave an old piece of upvc a very through scrub and didn't scratch it so I'm guessing it might even be ok on polycarb.
I've got rolls of scrubbing pad. An affordable way to replace pads on brushes or scrubber heads. I also have various commercial packs of pads in different courses. I didn't think much of walnut or bronze wool pads. They go too soft and fall apart

Last edited:
I've got rolls of scrubbing pad. An affordable way to replace pads on brushes or scrubber heads. I also have various commercial packs of pads in different courses. I didn't think much of walnut or bronze wool pads. They go too soft and fall apart
Where’s best to get the rolls ?

I bought a box of them ages ago and I'm still working my way through them. But I like the idea of buying it on a roll too. I sometime sprinkle a little Bar Keepers Friend on the pad to help with real stubborn marks. Usually works quite well. I've also used the pads on some really bad first window cleans as well.

The flocked brush also works well on snail trails, especially if you turn off the flow and just use it wet first.

Back