Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gloves... Is it just me?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Got in the van this morning and realised I have three types of gloves with me on the seat all the time.. From left to right cold weather, wet weather, dry weather ???

Does anyone else do this? 

View attachment 23827
Got my van MOT tomorrow and was clearing all the **** out the van earlier.  Pulled out about 10 pairs of gloves, in the cold weather there isn't an ideal pair to wear, it's changing them all the time to suit the conditions.  1 pair for cold, 1 pair for cold and wet, one pair for snow, one pair for if all else fails.  Spent £100 before Christmas buying all the gloves I thought I might need, think I used every pair.  Even the Showa's weren't good enough, they were ok but seemed to cut the circulation off after a bit so had to take them off to warm my hands up, weird. 

I wear nitriles when it's around 8c and above, just like to keep my hands protected from all the **** you come across.  Don't find they sweat either, can wear the same pair for several jobs this time of year.

Ive got arthritis in my hands and wrists i found out years ago after giving up smoking copious amounts of weed every week they started hurting not shore if gloves have made any difference for me i just like clean hands ?
Why did you give up the weed by the way?

I dont touch the stuff either and havent for years...my missus who's 50 now still smokes it every day in a bong and washes it down with vodka and vimto!

I must admit I find it annoying at times..I wish she'd give it up....

Why did you give up the weed by the way?

I dont touch the stuff either and havent for years...my missus who's 50 now still smokes it every day in a bong and washes it down with vodka and vimto!

I must admit I find it annoying at times..I wish she'd give it up....
I had a few mental half issues with it extreme paranoid all the time and life evolved around the weed and for me at the time with out the weed life was not worth living so i started boxing and karate to channel in to something then started my Window Cleaning round as at time i was working for a friend who is wc not guna lie was blady hard to kick the weed lots of sleepless nights and sweating like a pig comming off the ? also misses don't like it so had a alternation her or weed ill never go back to that stuff i was smoking ounce a week of strong skunk and that was trying to make it last 

I had a few mental half issues with it extreme paranoid all the time and life evolved around the weed and for me at the time with out the weed life was not worth living so i started boxing and karate to channel in to something then started my Window Cleaning round as at time i was working for a friend who is wc not guna lie was blady hard to kick the weed lots of sleepless nights and sweating like a pig comming off the ? also misses don't like it so had a alternation her or weed ill never go back to that stuff i was smoking ounce a week of strong skunk and that was trying to make it last 
That's interesting, there are a lot of people here pushing for weed to be leagalised.

That's interesting, there are a lot of people here pushing for weed to be leagalised.
personally i dont think it should be legalised....it affects short term memory and makes some people paranoid as hell....my missus short term memory is shocking after 30 years of smoking it....also i think it can make people lazy,numbs feelings and can make people withdraw from society and lower there ambitions.......and inhaling that stuff into your lungs cant be a good thing,....

also ive noticed people that dont smoke it for a few days that are used to being stoned everyday can get very agitated and seriously short tempered after a few days without the weed.....

im seriously thinking of leaving my missus over this.....i really dont like it at all.......

personally i dont think it should be legalised....it affects short term memory and makes some people paranoid as hell....my missus short term memory is shocking after 30 years of smoking it....also i think it can make people lazy,numbs feelings and can make people withdraw from society and lower there ambitions.......and inhaling that stuff into your lungs cant be a good thing,....

also ive noticed people that dont smoke it for a few days that are used to being stoned everyday can get very agitated and seriously short tempered after a few days without the weed.....

im seriously thinking of leaving my missus over this.....i really dont like it at all.......
I had this, that’s why I gave up after a couple of years in my teens. I’d sit down stoned and play tekken on the PlayStation for hours. Offer nothing productive to any conversations other than ‘i’m hungry’. I’d not want to go outside as I’d become incredibly paranoid. 

It does seem to effect everyone differently though. A lot of people use it as a social lubricant, just like alcohol. 

Its nasty stuff and who no,s what its sprayed with i had a old friend who rented a 2 bed flat he had one room as a grow room plants were everywhere he used to spray them with stuff to make them more potent i realy think its the hi grade thats the bigger problem.  I had a friend who jumped through a glass window and ran through town in his socks he just went nuts like scycousas type thing another friend jumped in front of a train killed him self he was on acid to tho so probly bit of both drugs are just bad full stop i think  @dazmond maby talk to her say how you feel give her option to cut down on it weekends only for a bit then give up completely its a rough road and she relapse no doubt just be strong and keep on to her to pack the weed in 

Just goes to show how many people smoke it people say it's ok but fail to think about lung lung conditions it causes like c.o.p.d  that's horrible thing to have a cold can kill you when you have it 

Back