Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got a shock today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Went to buy 3 20 ltr drums of hypo for a job tomorrow usually pay £12 per drum price is now £25 !!!!!! What a rip off 
Just add it to the price of the job. That's the reason I stopped doing fencing. Didn't know the price, didn't know when it was getting delivered to the merchants so couldn't tell the customer. Sticking to windows and gutter clears now.

Just checked my supplier it's still £12-   20 litres.. Might stock up a bit..

Last edited by a moderator:
hi talking about hypo  yes i normally get of bonnymans   but out of stock  

can anyone give me a company reliable to buy from iam in london not many farm shops here i can wait for them to deliver i need a recomendation 

can anyone give me a company reliable to buy from iam in london not many farm shops here i can wait for them to deliver i need a recomendation 
If you are prepared to pay the price Benz lightning cleanse is usually available but you have to be home to sign for delivery 

I tried another farm shop up the road from ware I live today they were evan dearer £31 for  20 ltr !!!!! I have 12 drums by me at the moment enough few a few jobs just hoping that the price will come down again soon 

I tried another farm shop up the road from ware I live today they were evan dearer £31 for  20 ltr !!!!! I have 12 drums by me at the moment enough few a few jobs just hoping that the price will come down again soon 
wow thats more  than amazon i cant see nothing coming down soon i will see you in the amazon queue ?‍♂️

My hypo guy has put his up from £18 for 20l too £21.60 for 20l but his is as fresh as it comes not shore about mole Valley they were £12.50 last time i went there 

I know someone in south east London who charges £25 for a 20 litre drum (15%) and he'll do you a deal on a bulk order. It's collection only and he's very reliable. Send me a message if you're interested and I'll put you in touch and you can deal with him direct.

I know someone in south east London who charges £25 for a 20 litre drum (15%) and he'll do you a deal on a bulk order. It's collection only and he's very reliable. Send me a message if you're interested and I'll put you in touch and you can deal with him direct.
Thanks for the offer but that’s about 270 miles away ?? so not an option to collect . 

I thought you had a big job in London. Can you not organise a collection round your next wash.
We do some stuff in Chelsea every 6-7 weeks but space in the van is limited and although the price is expensive down hear at the moment I have enough for  the work we have booked in at the moment, will see what prices are like when we get busy , all jobs Ime quoting now for March onwards Ime just telling customers that the price might increase a bit due to material costs but will inform them if any increase before starting so far all have been fine the price increase will probably add up to £50 per job which in the grand scheme of things isn’t a lot when total price of the job is taken into consideration 

We do some stuff in Chelsea every 6-7 weeks but space in the van is limited and although the price is expensive down hear at the moment I have enough for  the work we have booked in at the moment, will see what prices are like when we get busy , all jobs Ime quoting now for March onwards Ime just telling customers that the price might increase a bit due to material costs but will inform them if any increase before starting so far all have been fine the price increase will probably add up to £50 per job which in the grand scheme of things isn’t a lot when total price of the job is taken into consideration 
I would have thought £50 was pocket money in Chelsea.

Back