Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Had A Customer Warn Me Not To Clean In The Rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The customer is the one with the money. You are the one who wants to get the money off them. Acting like some hard man who's not going to put up with this bull just indicates to me you have missed the point. THEIR money, YOUR pocket. Get it now?
exactamondo

The customer is the one with the money. You are the one who wants to get the money off them. Acting like some hard man who's not going to put up with this bull just indicates to me you have missed the point. THEIR money, YOUR pocket. Get it now?
yh but YOUR the boss, its YOUR business and if you want to chase around after bad payers/unregular customers then thats up to you, but there are plenty of people that DO want their windows cleaned regularly and that wont mess you about, so i agree with AK, if you want those types of customers on your books then great, crack on, but if you dont then drop them, its your business there messing with, get customers that will work your way, not the other way round

Yeah I also agree with AK. If I have half a dozen messers, I would rather drop them, than waste my time with them. On the scale of things, it wont make that much difference to me, and if I put up with it, others may follow, and think its an acceptable practice. So I would rather be straight with them.

Because we are full, and at times everything can be against us, getting all the work done, the last thing we need, is customers cancelling us after we have spent time and money driving out to them. The bottom line is we wouldn't be in business if we only worked over the summer and in dry conditions. Maybe others could accommodate this, in drier parts of the country, but we couldn't.

Personally I have cleaned my own windows in torrential rain, just to satisfy my curiosity and see if it does affect the cleaning. Now I only work in light/medium rain, but even with heavy rain my windows were sparkling a couple of days later. Its really is just an old wife's tale, that we cant afford to entertain.

Each to there own, but in the West of Scotland is one of the wettest places in the country, only come when its dry! I may as well not bother.

Yeah I also agree with AK. If I have half a dozen messers, I would rather drop them, than waste my time with them. On the scale of things, it wont make that much difference to me, and if I put up with it, others may follow, and think its an acceptable practice. So I would rather be straight with them.

Because we are full, and at times everything can be against us, getting all the work done, the last thing we need, is customers cancelling us after we have spent time and money driving out to them. The bottom line is we wouldn't be in business if we only worked over the summer and in dry conditions. Maybe others could accommodate this, in drier parts of the country, but we couldn't.

Personally I have cleaned my own windows in torrential rain, just to satisfy my curiosity and see if it does affect the cleaning. Now I only work in light/medium rain, but even with heavy rain my windows were sparkling a couple of days later. Its really is just an old wife's tale, that we cant afford to entertain.

Each to there own, but in the West of Scotland is one of the wettest places in the country, only come when its dry! I may as well not bother.
cracking post, convert to a letter head and give to whinging customers /emoticons/biggrin.png will soon shut them up

Starting to think its a waste of time, lost customers to it, and tell me to come back next spring......

More I think about it, I think its a good idea to do other things like carpet cleaning or drive way cleaning etc while its raining....(instead of taking days off etc)

Like I said before you will always get some ppl like that after all they call the shots not you. If they can't agree with windows being cleaned whilst raining then still don't want it done then would say best to move on.

Regrading winter months again you will get some that don't want their windows cleaned then it's down you to decide if you keep them on the books or not.

Many make a good living just cleaning windows but for me I prefer to offer a wide range of services as just cleaning windows everyday would do my head in B)

Yes man, I want my business to be like yours Smurfy!

Part time window cleaning brings in enough for me, like you I can't be arsed to get more customers window cleaning, but I enjoy other work, self employment brings with, I can do anything I want lol, so want to offer other services!

All window cleaning type services obvis,

Garden clearance

pressure washing

carpet cleaning

odd jobs that i do for other people/friends etc :)

I thought about car cleaning but thers too much compition round my area with the hand carwashes only charging £12 for an inside and out clean id have to charge closer to £20 for the same service im like smurf and offer a variety of services such as windows gutters and fascias cleaning jet washing conny cleaning and land lord/ end of tenancy cleans windows only probally make up about 25% of my work gutters and connys about 50% then jet washing and landlord cleans the rest

There is a lot to learn about carpet cleaning, it's nowhere as easy as picking up a machine and away you go!

I thought about car cleaning but thers too much compition round my area with the hand carwashes only charging £12 for an inside and out clean id have to charge closer to £20 for the same service im like smurf and offer a variety of services such as windows gutters and fascias cleaning jet washing conny cleaning and land lord/ end of tenancy cleans windows only probally make up about 25% of my work gutters and connys about 50% then jet washing and landlord cleans the rest
Our hand car washers start from £5 per car for just outside

Have you ever noticed how the top part of the window is usually the dirtiest part?

My theory is that that area is slightly more sheltered than the lower half which is....... wait for it..... washed by the rain!!!!

Just a thought.

I don't get to talk to many people.

Just me and my thoughts :rolleyes:

Thought about car cleaning??
Yes I have actually! Two of my friends reckon I should do it, since I do an awsome job on my own car! /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png :lol:

I can't be arsed with it, I can spend 3 hours cleaning my car, those people that do it for a living can clean a car in 20 minutes!

I can clean a car in 20 lol /emoticons/wacko.png

But been doing it for years for friends n family for a couple quid here/free meal there lol.

So much so that I bought all the cleaning stuff in bulk lol

Back