Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

had a phonecall earlier

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So I had my first stay off my patch call today.
Went a little like if you leaflet my shops again I'll knee cap you with a lovely little bit at the end.

Anyways thinking shall I call back or leave it be?

And the end of the day its cool but dont think i deserved a call like that really.
I would let the police know just in case anything further comes from it. When I first started these two blokes came up to me and said that I was pinching their work, and it transpired that I was charging more!!!

baseball bat

It would be best to report this to the Police so that it is noted and logged for future reference.Then if/when he does confront you and you end up knocking him out, you can tell the police it was self defence, and that you have made a complaint about him threatening you with physical violence previously.
He he in other words tell the police he threatened you then go round and bash him

when i first started this guy confronted me told me to get in his car took me to the next village gave me loads of graft

all gd priced also

when he dropped me off he then gave me the threat about his graft the normal **** to stay away

two years down the line the guy is finished work makes you think

Today I was thinking again but started to laugh about all this instead of being angry.

If there is money to be made from graft I'll try it but I did this at school with am old guy and loved it but after being made redundant I thought I'd go back to being happy while I earn.

Most are decent hard working ppl but not all as anyone can get hold of a bucket, ladder & trad gear and call themselves a so say window cleaner. The lad that my missus had do our windows a few years back was not very regular as he was sometime lying low from the fuzz or was banged up:D

Last edited by a moderator:
In Kilmarnock where I stay most people that want into window cleaning have to buy in, this is what I did just over a year ago, i cant believe that a year past its flown in, I've had very little hassle but not anything a strong firm word has not fixed, I get along with most windys that cross my path and I have gained work from all of them as they have become complacent in the job they do most don't scrim and

Customers watch how you clean, I have never canvassed a single house and only get new punters when they ask me or I get recommended. Up here you must be licensed £228 for three years and must have public liability insurance to get the license, I know plenty ducking and diving without one but they will eventually get caught and be gone.

I think licensing is a farce to be honest if local councils don't have the money and resources to police it which most what I've heard in Scotland don't. After saying that though licensing window cleaners does generate an extra revenue stream for cash strapped councils.

Yep ote="Smurf, post: 157087, member: 4889"]I think licensing is a farce to be honest if local councils don't have the money and resources to police it which most what I've heard in Scotland don't. After saying that though licensing window cleaners does generate an extra revenue stream for cash strapped councils.

Yep agree smurph its a nonsense, joiners, brickies,sparks,plumbers etc don't need a license and they go into houses.

My license has been checked once in 17months, but I know a guy got caught without just before Xmas and he and his partner have not been seen out since.

Latest Posts

Back