Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I often use google and/or bing maps to get an idea of the property then ask relevant questions on the phone.

I've done so many now I can give quite an accurate estimate over the phone. By doing this saves time & fuel which also wheedles out the time-wasters when I hit them with my final price./emoticons/biggrin.png

Another way is to arrange a time that the owner will be home and if they agree with the price allowing enough time beforehand to do it there and then. That also save messing about having to come back another day /emoticons/wink.png

Really large jobs with multiple service requests then it's always better to do a site visit as I find you have a better chance of selling yourself face to face.

I've won lots of premium high paid work just because ppl seem to like me. Either that they must feel sorry for me... who knows :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep lesson learnt, its difficult though because if the job is a long way off hardly worth the diesel to just take a look then go back again later to do the work.
Add diesel and time travelled onto the quote :thumbsup:

I often hear little ones say "is that bob the builder" as I wear a yellow hard hat & hi-viz vest or jacket too./emoticons/biggrin.png

Got to love the little children, rushing from room to room to get 'sprayed' by the brush. You can clearly hear their laughter outside.

I have a five year old and a three year old and they are just the same.

I tend to get little kids follow me around when doing insides..saying man man man man man man man..yes...what you doing...cleaning the window...man man man man man man ...yes..etc

Arnt they just annoying.... I mean adorable when that happens /emoticons/biggrin.png

I tend to get little kids follow me around when doing insides..saying man man man man man man man..yes...what you doing...cleaning the window...man man man man man man ...yes..etc

I quote over the phone for gutter jobs when I'm feel it doesnt justify a trip out-having made a few cockups similar to yours I now pre-emt this by saying" we usually clean about 85-90 % of the gutters-I'm sure you're not bothered about eating your dinner out of them but we guarrantee the water will will flow properly

and if its too dangerous I know you probably wont want to pay £2-250 for scaffolding but if it does cause a problem in the future if you organise the scaff I'll happily pop back and clean problem bit for free." Guess how many scaffolds I've climbed?

At least your honest but saying that would put alot of ppl off surely?

The 10-15% you can't reach is most likely to be the badly blocked bits.:rolleyes:

I quote over the phone for gutter jobs when I'm feel it doesnt justify a trip out-having made a few cockups similar to yours I now pre-emt this by saying" we usually clean about 85-90 % of the gutters-I'm sure you're not bothered about eating your dinner out of them but we guarrantee the water will will flow properlyand if its too dangerous I know you probably wont want to pay £2-250 for scaffolding but if it does cause a problem in the future if you organise the scaff I'll happily pop back and clean problem bit for free." Guess how many scaffolds I've climbed?

Latest Posts

Back