Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Holiday plans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I drank some unknown homemade local stuff in somerset once in a ceramic bottle like the glass one i have got here

Never have i had a drink that can instantly turn my legs to jelly like that

Couldn't walk if i tried

Well decided I'm going to buy a small touring caravan later this year and relive my youth. Will need a new car as well though as mines too small to tow anything.

I drank some unknown homemade local stuff in somerset once in a ceramic bottle like the glass one i have got hereNever have i had a drink that can instantly turn my legs to jelly like that

Couldn't walk if i tried
My grandad used to make cider (I grew up 20 mins from the blackthorn brewery, and he used to be drinking Buddy's with the wurzels) 1 pint and I thought I was going blind!!! Gonna brew my own this year, using his recipe. Could be a laugh seeing my Mrs family who claim they can drink cider like its water not make it to pint no2!

Well decided I'm going to buy a small touring caravan later this year and relive my youth. Will need a new car as well though as mines too small to tow anything.
Never understood this whole concept. You leave your house, which has central heating, a bath, a shower, big double bed, massive flat screen telly, sky plus and sky sports to live in a portable bog for a week :confused:. Wouldn't a lovely hotel with restaurants etc be more appealing?

And before anyone say the 'freedom of the road' cobblers, you have to book weeks in advance to park these contraptions in holiday parks.

Please can all people towing these caravans travel at night so we can get a move on? Many thanks.

Happy holidays :laugh:

Never understood this whole concept. You leave your house, which has central heating, a bath, a shower, big double bed, massive flat screen telly, sky plus and sky sports to live in a portable bog for a week :confused:. Wouldn't a lovely hotel with restaurants etc be more appealing?And before anyone say the 'freedom of the road' cobblers, you have to book weeks in advance to park these contraptions in holiday parks.

Please can all people towing these caravans travel at night so we can get a move on? Many thanks.

Happy holidays :laugh:
I love camping and caravaning. I also like going abroad staying in hotels etc but it's totally different experiences.

Caravaning is pretty cheap and you can just pack up and go whenever you want. Get to see the country and enjoy being outdoors with the wildlife fishing and cycling and exploring etc. Dont forget you can have a bed, shower and toilet in a caravan along with sky tv and wifi shower blocks and shop on site if you want. I used to love it as a kid and want my kids to have the same experiences. Its amazing how many kids have been around the world but not seen anything in this country. Plenty of great places to explore in the uk.

The big plus point especially with a job like ours is at the drop of a hat I can say yep weather is going to be great next couple of days let's sod off to the coast. Quick look online and book a pitch( only time you might struggle to get a pitch last minute is in the school hols but even them theres bound to be something somewhere in the country)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love camping and caravaning. I also like going abroad staying in hotels etc but it's totally different experiences.
Caravaning is pretty cheap and you can just pack up and go whenever you want. Get to see the country and enjoy being outdoors with the wildlife fishing and cycling and exploring etc. Dont forget you can have a bed, shower and toilet in a caravan along with sky tv and wifi shower blocks and shop on site if you want. I used to love it as a kid and want my kids to have the same experiences. Its amazing how many kids have been around the world but not seen anything in this country. Plenty of great places to explore in the uk.

The big plus point especially with a job like ours is at the drop of a hat I can say yep weather is going to be great next couple of days let's sod off to the coast. Quick look online and book a pitch( only time you might struggle to get a pitch last minute is in the school hols but even them theres bound to be something somewhere in the country)
Each to their own mate, glad you enjoy it. Not for me. We stayed in one of those static caravans in Hastings a couple of years back, ok for somewhere to kip for the weekend, but I personally wouldn't want a proper holiday in it. It's all subjective I suppose /emoticons/wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Off to Cambridge next week in caravan then up to Scotland next month for 10 days then in Thetford forest with grandson in 6 week school holidays then south coast later in year. We love being in caravan at least you now how clean it is not like some hotels i've been in ,its usually cars that I get stuck behind, with a 4.0 V8 discovery worst thing is watching fuel gauge dropping .

Each to their own mate, glad you enjoy it. Not for me. We stayed in one of those static caravans in Hastings a couple of years back, ok for somewhere to kip for the weekend, but I personally wouldn't want a proper holiday in it. It's all subjective I suppose /emoticons/wink.png

It's really for the kids mate. I have 4 in total but 3 don't live with me so when they come over for the weekend we can go away. You can imagine the coat of taking them abroad would be astronomical not to mention the stress of travelling so it suits.

Like I said I like going abroad as well but both appeal.

I drank some unknown homemade local stuff in somerset once in a ceramic bottle like the glass one i have got hereNever have i had a drink that can instantly turn my legs to jelly like that

Couldn't walk if i tried
Me ol' mum had a bit of a mid-life crisis and started dating an ex hells angel. Soundest of blokes. Was telling me they were on a run and ended up at some proper bumpkin pub and asked for the "the proper local" scrumpy. The barmaid insisted they handed over their keys and that they could kip on the benches. He said that they agreed, taking the right **** out of her for not knowing about them. He remembered getting halfway into the first pint... absolutely ****** myself when he told me, should've seen this lad

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Last family holiday as one daughter already moved out. one finishes uni this year. my oldest has downs syndrome so will always be a little girl. So we taking her to florida to see EVERY Thing. Swimming with dolphins the works. No more holidays then till we help first one out start buying instead of renting.

All my family (gt grandparents and onwards) are south coast or Norfolk so spent a lot of time as a kid hereRound fakenham or gt Yarmouth

Wifes family is from Caister also

Where i am at the moment (massive haven place just down the road from Caister Tesco) i am under 10 minutes away from several of mine and her family and my mate lives opposite
Hello davyboy .

I go down to Swanage ( Dorset) twice a year May & September , in a static for a week at a time , it makes a good base for my Bass fishing ( surface lures) and also I can cook myself up with the best scran and drink the best malt and quality beer (Leffe) with my feet up at night , things taste better when you're not getting ripped off LOL.

I also have a 2 berth caravan and go down to Fakenham racecourse ( caravan site) 3 times a year , it's central for the coast from Hunstanton to Cromer , again for the Bass fishing .

There's a Morrisons supermarket there where I can get my booze at the right price and a quality butchers at Holt where I can get my fillet & rib eye for the BBQ .

No more abroad for me getting ripped off and getting the shits and not to mention the airport hassle .

I've lived and worked in the currant bun ( Australia twice , South Africa , NZ ,) no more strong sun for me, I'll leave all that stuff to you sun worshippers LOL .

Nowt wrong with Yarmouth BTW , I know all that Norfolk coast like the back of my hand ( love it ) I recently bought a Yamaha XT 225 trail bike , I'm fettling it up at the moment , when it's sorted I'll throw it in the back of the van and take it down to Norfolk and do a bit of trail riding and use it on the beach on the Cumbrian coast when I'm after the Bass .

Hope you have a good holiday mate .

All the best .

Glenn .

Hello davyboy .I go down to Swanage ( Dorset) twice a year May & September , in a static for a week at a time , it makes a good base for my Bass fishing ( surface lures) and also I can cook myself up with the best scran and drink the best malt and quality beer (Leffe) with my feet up at night , things taste better when you're not getting ripped off LOL.

I also have a 2 berth caravan and go down to Fakenham racecourse ( caravan site) 3 times a year , it's central for the coast from Hunstanton to Cromer , again for the Bass fishing .

There's a Morrisons supermarket there where I can get my booze at the right price and a quality butchers at Holt where I can get my fillet & rib eye for the BBQ .

No more abroad for me getting ripped off and getting the shits and not to mention the airport hassle .

I've lived and worked in the currant bun ( Australia twice , South Africa , NZ ,) no more strong sun for me, I'll leave all that stuff to you sun worshippers LOL .

Nowt wrong with Yarmouth BTW , I know all that Norfolk coast like the back of my hand ( love it ) I recently bought a Yamaha XT 225 trail bike , I'm fettling it up at the moment , when it's sorted I'll throw it in the back of the van and take it down to Norfolk and do a bit of trail riding and use it on the beach on the Cumbrian coast when I'm after the Bass .

All the best .

Glenn .
I know Fakenham well as my uncle Dave lives there..i used to go there regularly as a kid

Took my son and nieces to see the seals at Horsey beach and then went off and hunted down some adders

Apparently they are very rare nowadays but you can always find some round there

Hello davyboy .I go down to Swanage ( Dorset) twice a year May & September , in a static for a week at a time , it makes a good base for my Bass fishing ( surface lures) and also I can cook myself up with the best scran and drink the best malt and quality beer (Leffe) with my feet up at night , things taste better when you're not getting ripped off LOL.

All the best .

Glenn .
Going abroad doesn't have to expensive. Tenerife in January, £93 flights, £1 a pint and if you stay the top of the hill in los Christianos, nice hotels and no chavs like los americas.

So long as your enjoying yourselves and relaxing don't matter where your staying on holiday I suppose :thumbsup:

Back