Honest opinions of Moerman Excelerator

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by daveyboy, Oct 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Right i have been using the final version of the excelerator since yesterday afternoon

At first using it fixed by hand it is as accurate as the liquidator with 40° 0° original handle
    The fliq doesn’t feel too heavy or awkward with the handle fixed and makes the job even quicker (no swapping tools or detailing makes a big difference )

Used as a swivel squeegee by hand does take some getting used to and it took me a few jobs this morning (deliberately did a few of mondays jobs today to play with it..sad i know lol) to finally get my technique perfect as it feels too responsive at first and if you are used to using wagtails you will be twisting the handle too much until you get used to it
    The fliq pad also feels a bit heavy and restrictive at first when used as a swivel
    Personally i think it would be better to use a normal applicator until you are used to the technique

I have been using it on a pole today and that was fine from the first attempt but i have a lot of experience with swivel squeegees on pole
    I don't think it would take much for a complete novice to learn how to do that to a reasonable standard

The fliq pad is a very good design considering other scrubber pads on the market which i won't name with the only downside being it is so stiff when new
    I have been told it will get more flexible with use but it is not a major issue

All in all i think it is an excellent tool and will be getting a couple more handles to replace my existing moerman handles

Some vids will be on the way as soon as i can get my son to hold my phone for me
    Lazy bugger is still in bed

Advertisement
  2. HALTON

HALTON Well-Known Member

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Yep and gone out to see his girlfriend lol
    I'll sort something out tomorrow

4. HALTON

HALTON Well-Known Member

5. HALTON

HALTON Well-Known Member

6. Den

Den Forum Addict

Looking forward to seeing the video mate.

7. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

On pole. Start with pad on top. With Wags I always used pad under but found at 8' and above pad over feels more natural, 45° angle if you're using straight pole and tip and standing closer to glass. Depending on distance from glass experiment with the other 2 angles. The swivel is pinpoint and very very quick so excessive hand movement isn't needed and is in fact detrimental

8. JClean

JClean Member

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I didn't have a choice mate
    Moerman sent me a 14" same as i think Eric Gilliand got?

10. HALTON

HALTON Well-Known Member

Advertisement