Hose for my pole

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by abs, Dec 13, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. abs

abs Guru

Now winters set in the hose from my wfp has become rock hard and unmanageable I know this happens to all rubber but the hose from my cheap bayerson pole is doing my nut in , what are you guys using

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Gardiners orange hot pu hose.

3. abs

abs Guru

Why hot hose m8? Have you a hot wash or is it just good winter hose

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I find I can kink it to stop the flow better. I use cold water. I did think about getting an L5 heater last winter, but didn't bother in the end. I'm toying with getting one this winter, but I'm not sure if I can be arsed plumbing it in and all that.

5. abs

abs Guru

I had a huge 65 ft gardiner pole years ago with thick black really soft rubber hose is yours similar as that was easy to kink but I didn't think it was available nowadays

6. PTWC

PTWC Guest

Im using the std yellow Gardiner hose.
    I would think that any hot water hose would be quite stiff in cold temps?

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Aquadapter sell orange pu hose and they say theirs is for cold water :confused:. I've used the Aquadapter orange and it works the same as Gardiners orange.

8. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

My SLX has the standard yellow hose. I have found it to be inclined to tangle and coil itself up around anything nearby. Both my older poles are fitted with Streamline® Lite-5® . This I find much better but no good if used with an aquadapter because it stretches a little.

9. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

I dont think the hose makers have it right yet, im no expert, but I have had the Gardiners yellow hose and now have nlite hose, same coiling issues to me, somedays it doesnt coil other days its a nightmare and I wouldnt say the temperature had anything to do with it. I think pole hose is hormonal( not sexist, im having a mid life crisis) or holds a grudge at times, it has its own mind, if it doesnt like you that day, youve had it. If there is a no coiling hose out there, let us know.

Advertisement