Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder And Cloth Questions?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was only reffering to the people on here thats all, if your head wasent so big you would have realised that!
As above ^^ What I mean is you probably have a ladder or have used a ladder that has a damaged rung in some small insignificant way yet you come on here rattling on about how bad it is.

Yeah, yeah, we know all that already. You point it out as much as you rattling on about H&S. Boring....
Come to think about it I have climbed and used damaged ladders in the past, but being a kid you had to climb them to use the slide at the parks!
Apart from them never used an dented or damaged ladder in my life, with father owning a building company he had to keep them right and legal, and when I have ladders myself I have always looked after them as you have to trust your life with them! So to me it's very important to use correct rated and safe ladders.

Come to think about it I have climbed and used damaged ladders in the past, but being a kid you had to climb them to use the slide at the parks!
Apart from them never used an dented or damaged ladder in my life, with father owning a building company he had to keep them right and legal, and when I have ladders myself I have always looked after them as you have to trust your life with them! So to me it's very important to use correct rated and safe ladders.
Words, thats all they are to me. Ill put money on it you have used ''damaged ladders''

Nope M,...Only a numpty would continue to use a damaged ladder /emoticons/biggrin.png

Ladders are as cheap as chips now so there is no excuse if they should get damaged to continue to use them,...just bin it and buy a new one simples /emoticons/wink.png

that set up looks nice and stable smurf, the only down fall I see is I bet its a ***** to move must way a bit?

Nope M,...Only a numpty would continue to use a damaged ladder /emoticons/biggrin.png
Ladders are as cheap as chips now so there is no excuse if they should get damaged to continue to use them,...just bin it and buy a new one simples /emoticons/wink.png
Like I said show me some picture of you ladder(s) ?
When I said damaged, I meant insignificant damage, small indentation that DO happen. When lowering your ladder to a normal position.

Can some other people look at there ladders too (double ladders) just so I can point out what Im talking about. Ill post some pictures of what Im talking about tomorrow. Its normal wear and tear as well but from what both of you have said there useless and you wouldnt use them /emoticons/smile.png

Words' date=' thats all they are to me. Ill put money on it you have used ''damaged ladders'' [/quote']Like I said if you count the ladders to the slides then yes I have, otherwise no I haven't,

Safety has always been important to my farther company, so all been looked after well, plus being with my partner for the last 12 years, I have access to all the top quality equipment that money can buy due to father in laws business of tool hire and sales! All free of charge, so why would I want to use damaged ladders when I have all that at my fingertips???

Like I said if you count the ladders to the slides then yes I have, otherwise no I haven't, Safety has always been important to my farther company, so all been looked after well, plus being with my partner for the last 12 years, I have access to all the top quality equipment that money can buy due to father in laws business of tool hire and sales! All free of charge, so why would I want to use damaged ladders when I have all that at my fingertips???
Yeah we know, you have all this stuff and all these jobs and all this training. You really dont need to keep repeating your self.
I think your head just grew another few inches while typing that haha

Like I said show me some picture of you ladder(s) ?
When I said damaged, I meant insignificant damage, small indentation that DO happen. When lowering your ladder to a normal position.

Can some other people look at there ladders too (double ladders) just so I can point out what Im talking about. Ill post some pictures of what Im talking about tomorrow. Its normal wear and tear as well but from what both of you have said there useless and you wouldnt use them /emoticons/smile.png
Dents are not general wear and tear, that is caused by mis use. Being to heavy handed with them, rushing about, not taking care of customers thing or dropping them. Scratches are general wear and tear, rubber feet are too and the tread on each rung wearing is all normal wear and tear.

Dents are not general wear and tear' date=' that is caused by mis use. Being to heavy handed with them, rushing about, not taking care of customers thing or dropping them. Scratches are general wear and tear, rubber feet are too and the tread on each rung wearing is all normal wear and tear.[/quote']Blah blah blah.

Yeah we know, you have all this stuff and all these jobs and all this training. You really dont need to keep repeating your self.
I think your head just grew another few inches while typing that haha
Well I have repeat myself because some people that can't take things in keep repeating themselves about me using damaged stuff when I have already said that I don't and why several times,

This is the ladder I use for roofline work (gutter & downspout unblocking) also can be used as a free standing ladder away from consevatory guttering so can clean conservatory roofs may I add with no damage to it as of yet. My easi-dec conservatory ladder is also free from damage too.

Download the pics and zoom in if you want to see for yourself :rolleyes:
U should never leave a ladder stood unattended, wot if it fell and landed on that car or even worse some 1s head, I mean there's not even any warning signs out

U should never leave a ladder stood unattended' date=' wot if it fell and landed on that car or even worse some 1s head, I mean there's not even any warning signs out[/quote']That's a very good point, no ladder should be left unattended or left standing without anyone holding it! Lol /emoticons/tongue.png

That's a very good point, no ladder should be left unattended or left standing without anyone holding it! Lol /emoticons/tongue.png
Ha ha I thought U would come up with an excuse for ur h&s buddy

Would very much like to see that setup blow over as I don't tend to use ladders when windy and just for the record it just so happens that setup can withstand high gusts of wind without even moving unlike standard ladders most ppl use. Also as for being left unatended I was only a few feet away to take both pics. Slap my wrist,...what a naughty boy I was /emoticons/biggrin.png

Interesting point raised about cones though,... just now wondering if you lads put out warning cones when you do any kind of ladder work like trad window cleaning on private domestic properties? :lol:

Would very much like to see that setup blow over as I don't tend to use ladders when windy and just for the record it just so happens that setup can withstand high gusts of wind without even moving unlike standard ladders most ppl use. Also as for being left unatended I was only a few feet away to take both pics. Slap my wrist,...what a naughty boy I was /emoticons/biggrin.png
Interesting point raised about cones though,... just now wondering if you lads put out warning cones when you do any kind of ladder work like trad window cleaning on private domestic properties? :lol:
Some guys are working with damaged loggers, u think they would have warning signs? Lol

What would they read?

Warning, window cleaner using damaged ladder, may fall sometime, keep back.

If laying next to ladder call 999

I'm no H&S guru, I never had any working at heights training.

But for god sake don't use a ladder with a bent rung, especially if its top or bottom.

Are some of you really that thick that you can't comprehend the dangers!!!

Don't get me wrong I don't/won't wear s high viz (except commercial). A helmet, put a sign out etc etc but I can see that ladder is useless.

Completely agree ur ladder wouldn't fall over as U wouldn't leave it stood there if there was risk of it falling. Same as I wouldn't go up a ladder if there was risk of it breaking, I don't want to die but im bright enough to know that that slight bend in that rung is never going to cause any issues, some ppl just can't make decisions for themselves they just have to go by what the book says. The book can't c every ladder and every case so has to deem any slight damage as unsafe

Completely agree ur ladder wouldn't fall over as U wouldn't leave it stood there if there was risk of it falling. Same as I wouldn't go up a ladder if there was risk of it breaking' date=' I don't want to die but im bright enough to know that that slight bend in that rung is never going to cause any issues, some ppl just can't make decisions for themselves they just have to go by what the book says. The book can't c every ladder and every case so has to deem any slight damage as unsafe[/quote']thing is what people dont know or even care about, if anything should happen, like the ladders slips for some reason and you get hurt and off work or badly hurt and have to stop working, even tho you might pay out for insurance to cover all this, the frist thing they will look at is the ladder, if they see any damage on it then any claim becomes void. so you could loose everything so you could pay for any damages and you not being able to work.

i know where you all are coming from, but in this time, you have to make sure your backside is covered just in case of that 'wont happpen to me' thing happens. at the end of the day people in every trade that uses them trusts there life on them.

ladder these days are dirt cheap, if you look at it all you need to do is to clean say 20 houses to get the money for a new set, its not like that they cost 1000's.

i find alot of these posts offensive, im not thick, in fact i think my academic record would put most of you to shame! dont make out that just because someone doesnt do the same things as you that they must be stupid/reckless or dangerous.

everyone on this thread that has said the ladder in the OP is dangerous is an absolute idiot, living in a dreamworld, and seriously needs a reality check. the only reason your ladders dont have any dents is because you only use them once or twice a week, i extend my ladders 100 times a day, every day, they pick up dents and scratches but they are still 100% safe.

i guess it would be nice if i had a few thousand when i set up, and a dad in the tool hire business so i could get a brand new set of ladders everytime mine got dirty!lol

but i cant afford to replace a £210 set of ladders every other week, if you could afford to change your ladders everytime they got a small dent or scratch then i can only say you must be ripping people off by charging too much!

Back