Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My canvassing blog!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@Tuffers alright sir how's u? Aye I fitted a van guard two part rack with a rear roller the following night 

I want to paint inner ply on doors and get those clips for handing tools on inside of doors.  You'll maybe know what they are called. I am sure b and q sell them..almost circular they are and push fit things into them 

@Gazz probably was regular buy and sell sites use (twice a day everyday over 20 plus pages) with nicely written text and link to business page on advert.

I had to do the above to get the reviews and build the skills to then partake in the below 

That didnt get me the best quality work though, that has came from the website and boosting fb status'. By quality I mean more ££ basically  
Took the advice you gave me. I'v found all the group pages in my area and I'll post an add on the lot.

@Gazz nice one mate let us know how u get on 
Currently working my way through this blog you've made over a year ago. Truly international posts from yourself and others in the community. You seem to be a great at door knocking. Could I ask what you tend to say? I'm at the same stage as you when you started.

Edit: Also what days and times did you find worked best for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Something like " I'm yer new windie cleaner an I'll be roond every week even when it's pure pishin doon. If ye dinnae pay on time a turn intae a pure radge like. Ken. Have a nice day " I reckon that would work perfectly Gazz lol

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

@Gazz aye it's been a journey and still disorganised chaos sometimes but it is managed better than before I guess.

Regarding what to say at door, more importantly is that you are dressed in what you feel comfortable in (presentable) and always smile. This will help you during the chat no end, on a subconscious level to some extent...not that it's pure science here but I hope you get what I mean.

I usually would just say hi I own xx window cleaning company and we also clean full frames and doors as standard; is this something you would be interested in? I would differ the approach dependant on who I spoke to tbh 

You will find what works for you through trial but the key is to be FRIENDLY, CONFIDENT IN WHAT YOU SELL (not cocky) and NATURAL and go for TARGETED HOUSES (new build/dirty glass)

@Gazz aye it's been a journey and still disorganised chaos sometimes but it is managed better than before I guess.

Regarding what to say at door, more importantly is that you are dressed in what you feel comfortable in (presentable) and always smile. This will help you during the chat no end, on a subconscious level to some extent...not that it's pure science here but I hope you get what I mean.

I usually would just say hi I own xx window cleaning company and we also clean full frames and doors as standard; is this something you would be interested in? I would differ the approach dependant on who I spoke to tbh 

You will find what works for you through trial but the key is to be FRIENDLY, CONFIDENT IN WHAT YOU SELL (not cocky) and NATURAL and go for TARGETED HOUSES (new build/dirty glass)
Thanks Chris. I'm going to be pushing it all next week and see where I end up. I'll also try canvious any areas of Facebook customers I gain from groups. I cannot go back to a 40 hour factory job. I value myself more than that.

Edit: Also pair of decent jeans with my company polo shirt my license card should be good for chapping doors?

Aye that will do fine mate, similar to what I canvassed in although I have also chapped while working and picked up. It's 90 percent in the head I think...hence why be comfy in what wear and don't have an exact speel (natural mind)

The licence works great too..where in west Lothian are you Gazz? My auntie is from Deans, Livingstone. You are only 30 miles from me so pop over sometime if want.

Also something to note, price it right from the start...something i proper neglected and subsequently have been working on a lot.

Unless really need work then build at ok price and rise new enquiries ££ as you get busy...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Aye that will do fine mate, similar to what I canvassed in although I have also chapped while working and picked up. It's 90 percent in the head I think...hence why be comfy in what wear and don't have an exact speel (natural mind)

The licence works great too..where in west Lothian are you Gazz? My auntie is from Deans, Livingstone. You are only 30 miles from me so pop over sometime if want.

Also something to note, price it right from the start...something i proper neglected and subsequently have been working on a lot.

Unless really need work then build at ok price and rise new enquiries ££ as you get busy...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'd be interested in that. I stay at Armadale. But my work is 1 mile away in whitburn. Could you turn your chat on so I can message you. We pretty much are in the same type of area so prices should maybe be the same. I found what you said about £3.50- £6.00 guys everywhere glass only though. Any help would be appreciated.

@Chris33 Hi mate, I'm chuffed to stumble across your thread on canvassing and starting and developing a window cleaning business. I plan to start around Aug/Sept and have given myself upto 12 months to grow it into a full time business. You really helped me get a realistic view of what I can expect or may have to deal with...so thanks buddy! Do I understand you correctly did you started in March 2016 and had around 350 customers as early as autumn of the same year? That sounds amazing, although I'll probably take it a bit slower that that...haha!

I

Aye if door chapping was an Olympic sport Chris would be a gold medalist.

Yep...sounds like he did a top job, if I'm half as successful I'll be chuffed :) I can't see many rounds for sale around here (west Wales) so looks like I'll be a door chapper too!

@slaym75 hi mate...september?? Your going to miss the summer rush lol

Yes I probs had about that then and now refining it based on price and gocardless. I was very spread out back then though and am over only a few towns now, gradual progress I guess. 

@Chris33 Oh yeah didn't think about that...doh! I've just been made redundant but gotta work til sometime in Aug. Yeah I'll have another think about starting earlier now. Cheers mate :))

Im about to start canvassing. Never attempted it before but feel its worth a shot after reading all of the blog. I know it may be difficult to put an exact number on it but how many new custys could be expected to be achieved in an 8 hour canvassing day? Do you guys have a daily target or an hourly target? 

I will be Monday to saturday.

My missus goes out between 6 and 8 in the evenings and she normally picks up at least 4 a night.

Latest Posts

Back