Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Grey Van!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ahh well once you finish polishing the. The wipe the panels using a very soft microfibre cloth and a very weak APC mix, then apply wax when paint Is dry /emoticons/smile.png

Ahh well once you finish polishing the. The wipe the panels using a very soft microfibre cloth and a very weak APC mix, then apply wax when paint Is dry /emoticons/smile.png
I missed that bit. APC?

Sorry mate only just seen this.

Yup something like daisy from Tesco diluted at 1:10ish. Just spritz it onto the pannel and then wipe over with a micro fibre.

Just use small amounts, let it air for 15 minutes or so before applying the wax /emoticons/smile.png

It's really corse hence the water. But quite easy.

When you say wax? I use autoglym super resin polish. That no good?

how did you use the autoglym resin polish Damian ? /emoticons/wink.png

With the wax you'll need to apply it wife a dog micro fibre cloth and then buff off using one o the big micro fibre drying towels (they sell them in pound land If you don't already have one)

Hmmmm I can finally chirp in and give a bit of advice for once hehe, came out of my job spraying cars to take on the career as a self employed bossman /emoticons/smile.png

Waxing - it's definitely going to help your van repel things like stone chips and light scuffs, as is acts like a barrier on top of your paintwork, its more for the high end cars, Ferrari n Lamborghini's sure it won't hurt doing it on your van though.

That g3 compound you used damo, I think it's auto-smarts g3, its more of a high grade polish, it's good for the first time polish, but its strong stuff and if you were to polish it with that stuff for a while your clearcoat/lacquer would eventually fade,

Auto smart do a g10 which is a lighter grade polish, its a lot more of a liquid this polish and you just smear it over your area, let it soak for 5 mins, and then buff it off with a micro-fibre cloth.

There's also a acid that autosmart do called g101 and you dilute it 1/100 so it lasts for ages, spray on your wheels and let soak for 5 mins, rinse and all the brake dust just runs off.

You beat me to it andy!

Whn I spray panels in my home made booth i use the three auto-smart products G3 G4 then G10 gives a much better finish

Yup, valeting cars is going to be part of my services aswell as window cleaning and all the rest.

I might aswell if I'm good at it,

Its all about the Benjamin's now for me £££$$$€€€€

I thoroughly disagree that wax is only for high end cars.

Expensive waxes yes, but all cars/vans should be waxed on a quarterly basis I avoid the fade (see those faded Cora's - no wax!)

Autos matt stuff is ok but there is water for less, although wont argue g101 is a good APC but only available in 5l

Back