Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Grey Van!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Wax was introduced back in the day when clearcoat/lacquer wasn't around, alls its doing really is making your van shinier, filling in the open poures of the clearcoat, and protecting your paintwork from uv damage from the sun,

But polishing your car with cutting compound does the exact same.

That's just my 2pence

As for the g101 yea it only comes in 5liter drums, but the ratio that you mix it with water, it would easily do 2500 liters of water and its only 20 quid

Wax was introduced back in the day when clearcoat/lacquer wasn't around, alls its doing really is making your van shinier, filling in the open poures of the clearcoat, and protecting your paintwork from uv damage from the sun,

But polishing your car with cutting compound does the exact same.

That's just my 2pence

So to confirm, you would use a cutting compound without following with a wax or sealant?

As for the g101 yea it only comes in 5liter drums, but the ratio that you mix it with water, it would easily do 2500 liters of water and its only 20 quid

Defo, my last lot lasted 8months and I'm a detailer lol

Ide use autosmart g3 compound first, and then I would finish it with autosmart cherry glaze polish, thats alls a van needs....everyone's diff though I guess

It's a good all around polish because of its speed advantages, you can apply it with a damp sponge and soon as it haze's you buff it off with a microfibre cloth.

It's basically a PDI polish, last phase pre delivery inspection polish.

Its really good stuff, its about 50% quicker to do than g9 or g10, a lot less elbow work with just as good if not better finish.

What stuff do you use CNS?

I bought myself Simoniz, Wash and wax(3x triple action)

How do you rate that CnS?

Or am I better of sticking to soapy water?

Bit of car shampoo won't do any harm to ur wash, I think my dad uses that Simmonz stuff, I must imagine its better than fairy washing up liquid

I use garnet car care stuff, daisy APC, scholl polishes, garnet sealant and a mix of dodo waxes and some rarer wax for the more prestige cars.

Ahhh ok see cherry polish contains polymers designed to leave a layer of protection where as cutting polishes contain slight variants of polymers which are designed to protect whilst polishing but are usually worn of by the end of the polishing process.

Hence why I would apply a wax after a cutting/compound polish. But of your following it with an all in one polish with polymers then no need to follow with wax, but g3 is not an aio polish is it? I thought it was a harsh cutting compound (hence why easy to use by hand) which is why I suggest wax to OP.

To be honest the wax should still be ok till next year but I always recommend topping up quarterly for

Optimum performance.

I just use g3 for a first polish, only if the clearcoat really needs it, but it leaves microscopic swirls on the surface so I finish with it with the cherry glaze,

On most of the prestige cars I wouldn't even bother with g3 unless I came across a imperfection on the panel, Ide just cherry glaze them start to finish.

I used to work at vauxhall lookers, so they make you do it a certain way even if its not needed hehe

As Andy said, always better than washing up liquid. Helps keep real wax topped up too, plenty of polymers to fill imperfections too /emoticons/smile.png

Washing up liquid will strip any protection you have. Also if you can, buy a wash mitt instead of a sponge /emoticons/smile.png

Lol dealer valeter a have a bad rep in the detailing world, but I do know a few of them are good round my way lol.

Sounds like you I'd it the right way lol.

Do u bother with much spraying anymore CNS?

I had to quit my job as the constant smelling solvents 9-5 everyday was giving me headaches way to much. I coped with it for 5 years though so I'm not a complete wimp haha,

The showroom wasn't doing well anyway so it ended up closing down last year, so good reddens haha

Lol dealer valeter a have a bad rep in the detailing world, but I do know a few of them are good round my way lol.Sounds like you I'd it the right way lol.
Erm......yea if the bossman was around I shook a leg....other than that I sat in the canteen playing call of duty on the play station with a fry up on the go hahahaha, it really was a mad place to work

Did you read that about the g3 damo? Get some autosmart cherry glaze because that takes the microscopic swirls out the paint that the g3 leaves, that g3 is strong grade polish for cutting imperfections out. The cherry glaze will take them out and wax's all in one application and is a lot quicker.

Back