Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New 650L system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gotcha... Not having em. Again, just to reduce the holes in the floor. If I buy the van in 2 years at the end of the lease they will be the first installation! My only real concern with the doors being open are if I get an expensive Vac. I'll just have to plan the jobs and take it home I guess ?
How are you going to work ? Leave the doors open ?. What happens in the wind with them open ?. What about other stuff in the van and theft ?.

How are you going to work ? Leave the doors open ?. What happens in the wind with them open ?. What about other stuff in the van and theft ?.
I've always worked with the doors open. I don't have the wind problems you Seasiders get mate so the doors are good. I've caught a couple of little ?'s in the back before, having a look through. Nothing of value unless you're a window cleaner... except the step ladders. just tryna minimise the holes in the floor just incase I don't buy it at the end.

Grippatank are coming to me tomorrow. My 650l two man hot water system cost me 9 grand but got my van floor sealed. When doing a gutter clear and window clean today. Their neighbour came over again and asked how much to do his. I said a ton but if you are my customer then £15 a month wfp and £50 to clear the gutters. He was happy because £100 suddenly became £65 and he jumped at it. I double the price to clear gutters if they are not my customer.
Relevance?? Lol 

Day one... I've had some teething problems... With the system and in general.

Had a leak from the strainer just before lunch. Looked to be coming from the JG fittings so I took it off and sealed the screw thread end with some PTFE only to realise it was just the strainer itself, just needed tightening ?

On the right of the pic I uploaded you can see the pole. It was held on with Toolflex tool holders. It's a good idea on paper but a nightmare to work with.

Not long after fixing the leak the reel died. About 70m of hose had to be reeled in by hand and I stupidly don't carry the back up handle.

Get home and realise I've lost my wedding ring!....

Went out, found my wedding ring in the road where I was working. The reel was just a fuse. Nipped to Screwfix and got some 8mm threaded rod, popped that into the tank and fitted my old Munsen rings and soil pipe to hold the pole. Jobs a good un!

Gotta keep the tax bill down so might as well invest in a new system. I've had snippets of conversations on here but I thought I'd be more precise.

What I want....

• 2 Man system
  • Delivery only
  • 650 Litre
  • Installation
  • A leak free tank

I already have all of the above (except the 650L tank, currently have 500L) and have the hose reels etc to go with it. I'm currently considering;

Grippa tank - £3230 for all of the above. Probably spend another £100 on the driveway fitting service.

X-Line - £3294 for all of the above (750L) 

Ionics - No idea how much, not even sure they sell delivery only systems. The benefit is they're down the road from me (about 20 minutes)

Pure Freedom - £2970 (Probably less as I don't need the RO) The tank appears to be a standard Wyedale one so not leak free I guess but all of the other points.

Facelift - £2900-3k All of the above. Not sure of exact price because they don't advertise fitting prices.

Brodex - No Idea how much. Only considered originally as they're down the road from my mums house so I'd have something to do while it was fitted.

So as you can see I've narrowed it down ??? Interested in peoples opinions and experiences on any of the above. 
Did they let you choose the position of your tank? When I’ve inquired previously with a few different fitters they give you a few options a bit not as much freedom as I’d like. I dont know if this is because of safety issues or weather it’s just down to the extra time needed will eat into their profits. It always seems like when tanks are factory fitted there is always a lot of dead space. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Day one... I've had some teething problems... With the system and in general.

Had a leak from the strainer just before lunch. Looked to be coming from the JG fittings so I took it off and sealed the screw thread end with some PTFE only to realise it was just the strainer itself, just needed tightening ?

On the right of the pic I uploaded you can see the pole. It was held on with Toolflex tool holders. It's a good idea on paper but a nightmare to work with.

Not long after fixing the leak the reel died. About 70m of hose had to be reeled in by hand and I stupidly don't carry the back up handle.

Get home and realise I've lost my wedding ring!....

Went out, found my wedding ring in the road where I was working. The reel was just a fuse. Nipped to Screwfix and got some 8mm threaded rod, popped that into the tank and fitted my old Munsen rings and soil pipe to hold the pole. Jobs a good un!
How did the reel die mate? I've a occasional loose connection with mine. Nothing serious but it's the two wires that go directly into the reel that need adjusted in my caee to kick it back into life again

Did they let you choose the position of your tank? When I’ve inquired previously with a few different fitters they give you a few options a bit not as much freedom as I’d like. I dont know if this is because of safety issues or weather it’s just down to the extra time needed will eat into their profits. It always seems like when tanks are factory fitted there is always a lot of dead space. 
No dead space at all man, its right up against the bulk head. That said, not a huge amount of space left at all. They explained to me while fitting the reel frame, the floor of the van basically dictates where everything goes. The tanks from all the big suppliers are fitted where they need to be based on the van they're being fitted to. Be that the shape of the floor, the channels they can and can't drill through or the positioning requirement to balance the load.

How did the reel die mate? I've a occasional loose connection with mine. Nothing serious but it's the two wires that go directly into the reel that need adjusted in my caee to kick it back into life again
Just a fuse mate, real simple fix. I checked the wiring first assuming it would be that as thats common with my reel.

Back