Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie ,looking at getting started

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you are looking for a bank account Starling bank is good and does FREE business banking. If you get a cheque then you can use the app to take a photo of it to deposit the cheque if it's below a certain amount!  Remember that in a few months any BACS payment will require Account Name as well as sort code and account no. 

Good morning all. Away in my caravan for a week . Sitting here just got me thinking. Lol.

Wfp use to clean caravan, obviously on a low ish  trickle.  (I know they advise not to use power washers). Only looking at ease on cleaning my own caravan. Have any of you used wfp on a caravan? 

I'm lucky as my missus has her own business too so I'm not having to work full time to provide for a whole family.....if we ever move in together we ll be in a very good position financially.....

So do you still trad and just use the backpack for tops or awkward windows? Do you have an RO system set up at home to fill your tank? 
I still trad some ground floor windows. Usually the bigger windows, patio doors etc. A tiny window is probably quicker wfp and doesn't use much water. I collect my water for free from a factory that use demineralised water in the manufacture of their chemicals. Their water always reads 0.000 on my TDS meter. I clean their windows in exchange for water. I usually collect about 700 litres when I visit, can make that last a week or so by trad cleaning the majority of ground floor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning all. Away in my caravan for a week . Sitting here just got me thinking. Lol.

Wfp use to clean caravan, obviously on a low ish  trickle.  (I know they advise not to use power washers). Only looking at ease on cleaning my own caravan. Have any of you used wfp on a caravan? 
Good afternoon mate. Hope you are well? Have you headed anywhere nice in you mobile road block, sorry i meant caravan.

I do caravan cleaning inside and out as living in Devon has hundreds of them and out of season cleans go well to prevent mould. External WFP cleans are very popular with the pink rinse crew 

Good afternoon mate. Hope you are well? Have you headed anywhere nice in you mobile road block, sorry i meant caravan.

I do caravan cleaning inside and out as living in Devon has hundreds of them and out of season cleans go well to prevent mould. External WFP cleans are very popular with the pink rinse crew 
Headed off to sunny Kent. Meeting some friends during the week. 

Good to hear I can use wfp once I get kitted. Roll on end of October n get my ££. 

Headed off to sunny Kent. Meeting some friends during the week. 

Good to hear I can use wfp once I get kitted. Roll on end of October n get my ££. 
I'd personally get a cheaper wfp brush just for caravans so you don't contaminate glass with mould moss and crud 

Hi all (I'm back!!) Lol.

I am thinking ,when I get my van and start kitting it out. I'm going to install an immersion heater in the tank. So it's there incase I need it, through winter, also if I get any jobs like conservatory roofs etc. A 2kw as I watched on Squeaky Dave's video. 

Hi all (I'm back!!) Lol.

I am thinking ,when I get my van and start kitting it out. I'm going to install an immersion heater in the tank. So it's there incase I need it, through winter, also if I get any jobs like conservatory roofs etc. A 2kw as I watched on Squeaky Dave's video. 
I wouldn't bother at all. You may need hoses & tubing that handles heated water along with brushes. If you're getting a brand new built in system then you'll bugger your warranty plus you're tank size isn't massive and you'll be better off sticking some reptile heat mats to the side of it and insulate wrap the entire tank

Just remember. Fitting an immersion heater is a measure 5 times cut once. Seen 4 tanks buggered by people that can't tell the difference between ID & OD 

I wouldn't bother at all. You may need hoses & tubing that handles heated water along with brushes. If you're getting a brand new built in system then you'll bugger your warranty plus you're tank size isn't massive and you'll be better off sticking some reptile heat mats to the side of it and insulate wrap the entire tank

Just remember. Fitting an immersion heater is a measure 5 times cut once. Seen 4 tanks buggered by people that can't tell the difference between ID & OD 
Immersion won’t always get the water hot enough to cause problems with hoses/brushes etc. Standard micro bore and pu pole hoses will all be fine, and my medium mixed brushes hold up well too. 

you’d have to be a moron to mess up fitting it. Use a very slightly undersized holesaw then file hole to fit, and make sure you can reach inside the tank to secure the backnut. 

I only use standard van temperature pure water regardless of the season or temperature.

A decent pair or Skytec Argon gloves and no problem at all. Look after your hands use quality hand cream or barrier cream and all is good. 

So I've been looking round at systems.

Think I've decided on the facelift compact 425 delivery only as I'll be getting water from Spotless water filling point . With a powered hose reel. Split relay also. Will get this fitted by the installers WCW recommend. 

Also I'm hoping to get a Fiat Ducato I like the look of if it's still available. 

So I've been looking round at systems.

Think I've decided on the facelift compact 425 delivery only as I'll be getting water from Spotless water filling point . With a powered hose reel. Split relay also. Will get this fitted by the installers WCW recommend. 

Also I'm hoping to get a Fiat Ducato I like the look of if it's still available. 
Now I've just had a thought.  Should I get the DI also ,in case the water from the filling point isn't quite pure enough. I'm looking at it ,its there if needed. I take it I can bypass the DI if it's not required. And hook it up if I do need it. ?

Now I've just had a thought.  Should I get the DI also ,in case the water from the filling point isn't quite pure enough. I'm looking at it ,its there if needed. I take it I can bypass the DI if it's not required. And hook it up if I do need it. ?
All spotless water should be ultra pure at 000ppm and if not they are in breach of their trading USP

I've only ever heard of one person not getting pure water from them in the time they have been trading. Be sure to get an account with them a month or so before you start trading as there may be delays in getting your key fobs. 

You could get a DI but it's just another cost and resin to purchase. Also you'd have to them purify it in the van and need another pump for that to work

Just get your van fitted out and you should be fine mate 

All spotless water should be ultra pure at 000ppm and if not they are in breach of their trading USP

I've only ever heard of one person not getting pure water from them in the time they have been trading. Be sure to get an account with them a month or so before you start trading as there may be delays in getting your key fobs. 

You could get a DI but it's just another cost and resin to purchase. Also you'd have to them purify it in the van and need another pump for that to work

Just get your van fitted out and you should be fine mate 
Have registered for spotless water. Just wait for welcome pack now.

Back