Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

please help, need advice (road accident today)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PT  both/all parties need to exchange details name and address/tel no etc...you didn't (didn't 'cos they walked off) so as per the link you did the right thing to then go the police and report it..simples (but you posted that after I shared the link either way you did the right thing in your scenario)

PT  both/all parties need to exchange details name and address/tel no etc...you didn't (didn't 'cos they walked off) so as per the link you did the right thing to then go the police and report it..simples (but you posted that after I shared the link either way you did the right thing in your scenario)
The OP asked about informing his insurance company, you should possibly have tagged those in to your link that were saying not to rather than questioning those that were saying to inform the Police.

By law you have to report it to the Police even if there were no injuries.
PT I was trying to be helpful - since you implied you needed to report all accidents to them...

I included the link which shared the details so was clear it wasn't my opinion but from the gov's website...nothing personal...hard to have a forum for helping people if we can't share info without offending others - some things are opinion - I prefer this brush...and some things are just facts which it's best to know.

Peace offering ? ? 

PT I was trying to be helpful - since you implied you needed to report all accidents to them...

I included the link which shared the details so was clear it wasn't my opinion but from the gov's website...nothing personal...hard to have a forum for helping people if we can't share info without offending others - some things are opinion - I prefer this brush...and some things are just facts which it's best to know.

Peace offering ? ? 
I'm not arguing and definitely not offended, you have however cut and pasted a quarter of my reply. My point is my info is correct in my situation. You haven't however criticised those that gave totally incorrect advice. I am not the type of person to click on links supplied as that is where 99.99% of viruses are generated from.

PT these posts are a sequential 'conversation' and should be read as such otherwise they don't make sense - your first post includes a commonly held belief that all accidents must be reported to the Police  - Whilst primarily urging the op to contact the insurance co (as he wasn't sure if he should) - I included the link so he could see for himself - I friendly and tactfully (I thought) said it's not always needed nowadays to report to the police -  think you might misreading/understanding something - at this point you hadn't shared any of your cases details... but were asserting ALL accidents must be reported- which turns out not to be current legislation - I didn't criticised you in anyway  ('PT Don't' think you need to contact the police nowdays')

I know typing isn't the best medium to convey a conversation but think  we can be a little too touchy on this forum... if I think something and someone tactfully sheds light on my incorrectly held assumption - I'm pleased for it. (case in point Doddy I think mentioned if you spray a biocide you need to hold a PA1/PA6 qualification - I looked it up and he's right and I 'thanked' on his post for the useful info...even though I never knew that.) If I post something incorrect please feel free to (tactfully and friendly) correct me ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
PT these posts are a sequential 'conversation' and should be read as such otherwise they don't make sense - your first post includes a commonly held belief that all accidents must be reported to the Police  - Whilst primarily urging the op to contact the insurance co (as he wasn't sure if he should) - I included the link so he could see for himself - I friendly and tactfully (I thought) said it's not always needed nowadays to report to the police -  think you might misreading/understanding something - at this point you hadn't shared any of your cases details... but were asserting ALL accidents must be reported- which turns out not to be current legislation - I didn't criticised you in anyway  ('PT Don't' think you need to contact the police nowdays')

I know typing isn't the best medium to convey a conversation but think  we can be a little too touchy on this forum... if I think something and someone tactfully sheds light on my incorrectly held assumption - I'm pleased for it. (case in point Doddy I think mentioned if you spray a biocide you need to hold a PA1/PA6 qualification - I looked it up and he's right and I 'thanked' on his post for the useful info...even though I never knew that.) If I post something incorrect please feel free to (tactfully and friendly) correct me ? 
Again in my situation my info was correct. I also asked the OP pertinent questions, that he didn't reply to.The fact you then googled for the answer and cherry picked my reply then fine. I'll continue to post about my real life experiences and you can keep googling and criticising ?

Some people will try and have you over days or weeks later, so reporting an accident is very important, you will in a collision with another vehicle those who don't want to involve the insurance company for their own reasons unknown to you, in the last 3 months my wife witnessed two separate incidents in a car park where a car hit another one got out looked and drove off, both times my wife wrote a note and wedged it in the drivers car door.

Everyone should get a Dashcam, they cost less than £50 and we might not be having this conversation but I like it as I gained a nugget from it. I need a PA1 or PA6 or both to be on safe side of Softwashing. Thanks @NoName for mentioning it. Everyday is a school day. The problem we all have is we don't follow the thread from the beginning and jump straight in. That's the reason folk criticise answers because they have been following the thread from the beginning, I have been there and now try and read the thread before jumping in. fwiw 

Back