Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Possibly the wettest winter?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I used to work like that up until just before covid. I did like that I could do what ever I wanted on certain days and not commit myself by sending texts. It’s easy enough to re text to let them know but I dont like messing people about and it’s extra hassle. I have found the text route very handy as there a lot more people securing their back gardens more these days so I found I was losing a lot of money due to missed work and also I have had very positive feedback from my custys saying they like the idea of knowing exactly when I’m going to be there.

If your loosing money then fair enough, can understand why you'd do it in that instance, I go one street onto another, or very close to another all the way round my run, so people who's to be done within the next week know I'm not far away by where I'm working.

Sometimes il finish early, sometimes il work on late, it would be unworkable doing this with texts

Well Barnstaple was under water this morning with flooding, 20ft waves breaking on Westwood Ho! Beach and 45+ mph winds

I've been doing an end of tenancy clean in a flat all day to avoid getting washed away
We haven’t had rain today but very high winds couldn’t even do two storey houses , had to pick more sheltered areas and do what we could , we had similar waves to you Porthleven had a load of cars washed down the road and part of the sea wall has collapsed .

Next 2 days forecast to be dry in the North West.i didn't even bother yesterday and forecast was bang on(heavy prolonged rain and strong winds).I love going the gym around 230pm when it's absolutely bouncing down outside.i got some jobs in the house done,sorted my wardrobe out and took old clothes to charity bins.i had blood test appointment at 1045am so it was a good day to have off.

Today was awful too (from around 11am) but worked 8am-2pm.got home and there was a large wet rat 🐀 near my front door!freaked me out a bit!i kept a close eye on my open door while I was filling my tank up that's for sure!🤣🤣🤣

Next 2 days forecast to be dry in the North West.i didn't even bother yesterday and forecast was bang on(heavy prolonged rain and strong winds).I love going the gym around 230pm when it's absolutely bouncing down outside.i got some jobs in the house done,sorted my wardrobe out and took old clothes to charity bins.i had blood test appointment at 1045am so it was a good day to have off.

Today was awful too (from around 11am) but worked 8am-2pm.got home and there was a large wet rat 🐀 near my front door!freaked me out a bit!i kept a close eye on my open door while I was filling my tank up that's for sure!🤣🤣🤣
What are you scared of a little rat for? I thought you were a big strong gym bunny!

Got to my first job yestarday and sat in the car as it started raining a little heavier, I turned the key and drove back home! I usualy work in rain others wouldn’t I’ve worked in a lot worse but I think the accumulation of wet weather for such a long time got the better of Me! Went back to bed and grumbled around for the rest of the day. I am so looking forward to better weather!

Got to my first job yestarday and sat in the car as it started raining a little heavier, I turned the key and drove back home! I usualy work in rain others wouldn’t I’ve worked in a lot worse but I think the accumulation of wet weather for such a long time got the better of Me! Went back to bed and grumbled around for the rest of the day. I am so looking forward to better weather!

I've never done that since my trad days over 14 years ago now.😄👍

Today was fantastic!sunny and dry here in the North West and it's now the time of year the sun starts to feel warmer.had shorts on and new oakley sunglasses 👓....its all the sweeter because of 6 months of mainly awful weather!👍😄

Wouldn't like to be someone who says - I don't clean windows when it rains... These days it's always wet, would never get any work done...
I had a customer call me this afternoon to say she wouldn't be home as it's raining and she didn't think I'd still be working.
I rang her and said I'm on my way to which she said it's too late.

Waved goodbye to that one and was glad because her rear garden was clustered in doggy landmines 💩

It rains non stop in North Devon

The local weather the other night was showing just how much more wet the start of the year has been.

Even a local beekeeper was on the programme looking for someone to take his hives to a drier area with better food as the oilseed rape is so far behind up here due to the wet weather the bees are at risk of hunger.

Attachments

• IMG_20240412_224542.jpg
    IMG_20240412_224542.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240412_224531.jpg
    IMG_20240412_224531.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 0
The local weather the other night was showing just how much more wet the start of the year has been.

Even a local beekeeper was on the programme looking for someone to take his hives to a drier area with better food as the oilseed rape is so far behind up here due to the wet weather the bees are at risk of hunger.
It’s insane mate. I almost span off the motorway driving home last night. Granted it is April and April showers is a thing, but it’s non stop at the moment!

Rapeseed gets hammered through the Autumn to Spring rain, some farmers over my way have stopped with rapeseed and gone with beans, but they were dying last year in the summer due to the lack of rain pure madness

I ended up going out and got all my scheduled work cleaned (bar one job that I'll clean tomorrow) in between heavy showers.the work I had pencilled in today is not my best paying work so cracked on.im in for a few disruptive days of work due to gas pipe replacement on large swaths of my round.its like a building site!vans everywhere!,nowhere to park and every pavement is dug up with barriers around them!

Looks like I'm going to have to use a backpack on some jobs as I simply can't get near enough to run a hose to them!🙄👎👎

Never known the weather to be so bad for so long, think there has been rain every single day at some point since Christmas. I'm just treading water at the moment (excuse the pun), not done my usual business push yet this year because just can't be bothered trying to take any more on with the weather so persistently bad. I feel tired with it, just no let up, today was another, took the day off in advance as could see it would be a bad one, wouldn't have liked being out there today, hail and wind, even now the suns coming out but the wind is proper blowing, would be fighting with the pole.

Wind has been bad here today plus heavy rain showers and hail! Did a couple of quotes and took the van for a dpf regen run down the motorway. Then lunch in pub and a bit of shopping! Looks lovely out there but boy is it gusty. rest of the week looks dry but still a bit gusty at about 40mph but at least it's dry.

Back