Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price rise fail

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Go for broke matey. It’s a bit of a rise in percentage terms but its easily justifiable of explained in the right way. Maybe if you was tryin to double or triple em then I would think you would run into problems. Fair enough you might still end up with the same profit but you would be splitting up what sounds like a nicely spaced round. Better to make fair rises every couple of years or so and keep the compactness in tact.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I put mine up biannually and the customers know this and are used to it.
Good luck with the pricing even if you lose the odd one your still earning more cash for less work.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire

Go for broke matey. It’s a bit of a rise in percentage terms but its easily justifiable of explained in the right way. Maybe if you was tryin to double or triple em then I would think you would run into problems. Fair enough you might still end up with the same profit but you would be splitting up what sounds like a nicely spaced round. Better to make fair rises every couple of years or so and keep the compactness in tact.

been telling more today £2.50 put two of them up one pulled their face but accepted it other one said she thought I was cheap anyway ?surpriseing me they are 2 I thought would moan and cancel didn’t even want an explanation about increase,happy days so far 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with the pricing even if you lose the odd one your still earning more cash for less work.

Am also telling them that they will rise every 18 months by at least 50p sets me up nice for next increase they will all be expecting it 

Am also telling them that they will rise every 18 months by at least 50p sets me up nice for next increase they will all be expecting it 

Going good so far lads,needed to rise as I was basically charging what half a job window cleaners charge the ones that think there glass cleaners only not window cleaners ?  get through double the houses I do an hour kinda lads lol 

Tested price rise on council estate £5 to £7 3 people told all happy about it so it’s ago for the lot, don’t mind loosing some as I have to many anyway and when I explain that I’ve only risen price by £1 in 15 years this price rise will bring it to £3 in 15 years only 20p a year increase still lower than 2018 prices most will understand I reckon 
well that's OK then.

Don't sell yourself cheap mate, at the end of the day you're offering a service that people don't want to do themselves, I used to take on work n come customers used to try haggling the price n I used to let them do it, not now , I put a price in n if they don't like it I walk away, nothing worse than being on a job n thinking to yourself I'm not making any money on this house, you are not a charity n have bills to pay like everyone else bud .

Council houses at least 8 quid. Rule of thumb for me £1 per window

Mine are all going to £7 so far so good £8 would be pushing it ? tight as they are been paying £4 to £5 for past 15 years lol,had one go bi monthly as he wasn’t happy about the price rise ? conveniently forget about doing that house in 2 months 

The more I tell people the easier it’s becoming I actually want some to cancel ? They be doing me a favour if they think I ain’t worth the price I give they ain’t worth my hard work simples ?

33 out of 48 customers told about increase on one of my rounds all more than happy to pay new price ? 15 more to tell could lose all 15 still be around same money ?? very happy man

You sound so similar to myself, been going 15 years on my dads round (I’ve now took over)  which are stuck in 1990s prices ... doing the same process as you are but I’m still not happy with it after seeing what others charge, like yourself I clean trad and do a top job, all customers 20 + years on a very compact round 

You sound so similar to myself, been going 15 years on my dads round (I’ve now took over)  which are stuck in 1990s prices ... doing the same process as you are but I’m still not happy with it after seeing what others charge, like yourself I clean trad and do a top job, all customers 20 + years on a very compact round 
I’m not 100% happy myself with what they’ve gone up to,but will earn £6 to £7 extra an hour once they all up ? so far so good telling them plus told them be going up again next April and started telling them il be switching to wfp within next year ? Being to soft what’s cost me over the years ? keep going mate bang them up more next year if like mine they will understand and won’t want get someone they don’t know for cheaper price as like me you have put years of hard graft in ? wfp is the way forward to take my earning right up ? good luck mate 

I will be doing mate ? , hoping switch to WFP meself but still a bit sceptical over it ? hope all goes well for you buddy 
I was sceptical about wfp also my mate came round let me have a go of one the other week and it is much better than trad if used properly ? plus a lot faster my mate said I could do all the front on my terrace streets in half the time then do backs traditional as need ladders for access ect 

Latest Posts

Back