Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sick of carbon dust on hands

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Iron I get where you're coming from sometimes things can get a little antsy on here ? fyi the second para was not directed at you but to all reading the thread..,

Cleanco - I'm not in a 'huff' and its not certainly over nothing - if it was do you think Alex would be committing to undertake many hours work and no doubt £ to create Material Safety Data Sheets for his products?

I’ve read through some interesting views on here and long debates. 
I would have thought it common sense to wear gloves, not because of carbon, but because of hygiene. Our hoses go through all sorts on the ground which could cause us to be ill. 
As regards eating lunch. Remove the gloves.  Surely you would wash your hands thoroughly before eating. 
wearing gloves you wouldn’t get black hands off the carbon. 
I would never use any pole without gloves. Basic hygiene. 

I’ve read through some interesting views on here and long debates. 
I would have thought it common sense to wear gloves, not because of carbon, but because of hygiene. Our hoses go through all sorts on the ground which could cause us to be ill. 
As regards eating lunch. Remove the gloves.  Surely you would wash your hands thoroughly before eating. 
wearing gloves you wouldn’t get black hands off the carbon. 
I would never use any pole without gloves. Basic hygiene. 
I would agree 90% of the time. However, gloves wasn’t an option in the south east today. 33 degrees and humid. If you wore gloves you’d be sweating like a pregnant nun ?

Me too mate. Gave it the elbow at 1. As someone posted earlier, life’s to short to be working in this heat all day
How do you guys put up with that traffic 6,45 on the North Circular and it was bumper to bumper. Sat Nav said 11 miles left and 45 mins to do it, it took an hour ?

Started at 8.10 and finished 1.10, 4 litres of squash demolished as well.

20200625_131445.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you guys put up with that traffic 6,45 on the North Circular and it was bumper to bumper. Sat Nav said 11 miles left and 45 mins to do it, it took an hour ?

Started at 8.10 and finished 1.10, 4 litres of squash demolished as well.

View attachment 21127
Whereabouts were you?

Anywhere from bounds green to wembley is solid that time of day and the a1 at fiveways corner if you try to swerve the north circ.

Has taken me 3 hrs to do 28 miles many times in the past getting home from east london.

Whereabouts were you?

Anywhere from bounds green to wembley is solid that time of day and the a1 at fiveways corner if you try to swerve the north circ.

Has taken me 3 hrs to do 28 miles many times in the past getting home from east london.
Balham, personally would've gone down to Heathrow and gone in via M4 but 2 Sat Navs took me in via Brent Cross over Hammersmith bridge. Came out via M4, might have been further but appeared quicker.

Balham, personally would've gone down to Heathrow and gone in via M4 but 2 Sat Navs took me in via Brent Cross over Hammersmith bridge. Came out via M4, might have been further but appeared quicker.
Brent cross way is always busy. 

A40 would have been busy also.

You were within spitting distance of where I grew up the other side of the river.

No easy way in or out.

Screenshot_20200625-222357_Maps.jpg

Back