Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some serious Heat on the way.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I worked yesterday and at first flew through it but come the last job it just hit me, was nearly sick.  I think I had heat stroke last night and have had to take today off, just about recovered but it's bloody hot.  

Got workmen digging up the drains at the back of mine, they've been working since 08:15 this morning, don't know how they manage it, full protective gear trousers, safety boots, high vis tops over t-shirts etc, crazy.

I worked yesterday and at first flew through it but come the last job it just hit me, was nearly sick.  I think I had heat stroke last night and have had to take today off, just about recovered but it's bloody hot.  

Got workmen digging up the drains at the back of mine, they've been working since 08:15 this morning, don't know how they manage it, full protective gear trousers, safety boots, high vis tops over t-shirts etc, crazy.
I've had heat stroke once and I was no good at all it was about 40c in Egypt for a few days running ?? 

The luxury of running my own business is I can knock off when I want, yes I should do a full day but in the heat I just can't hack it, plenty more days were I can work in the rain and cooler days and then whine about the cold and wet ? 

The bonus of today we went for a family swim in the river before work  then I worked 4 hours came home had a beer then got some veg from the allotment for or tea now on beer 4 and chilling out in our hippy hut in our garden also gained a £30 house and £14 bungalow, time for cull No2 of this month

Finished at 1:30 today. Lovely. Unfortunately Think a majority of the country decided to take the day off and come to Bournemouth beach ?? why are there so many d*ck heads in this country??

Finished at 1:30 today. Lovely. Unfortunately Think a majority of the country decided to take the day off and come to Bournemouth beach ?? why are there so many d*ck heads in this country??
Bournemouth is lovely though.. pretty much all that coastline up to weymouth where it gets stoney is nice. 

Yeah mate, my wife just showed me the pics of Bournemouth beach ? absolutely disgraceful 

Yeah mate, my wife just showed me the pics of Bournemouth beach ? absolutely disgraceful 
Idiots getting completely wasted, getting in fights, abusing council workers & police apparently. And 100s of tons of litter left every night. Oh well.
All those people saying lockdown has brought a sense of community & togetherness back ?

Idiots getting completely wasted, getting in fights, abusing council workers & police apparently. And 100s of tons of litter left every night. Oh well.
All those people saying lockdown has brought a sense of community & togetherness back ?
Suns out Chavs out, just saying 

It's a shame as it's the best part of the world down the south coast.
I contend that Dave ? We have the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and Northumberland to name a few. Saying that I'm trying to save up for a campervan cos I haven't explored much of the south and hoping to change that.

I contend that Dave ? We have the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and Northumberland to name a few. Saying that I'm trying to save up for a campervan cos I haven't explored much of the south and hoping to change that.
I've been all over but love the south coast.

The north is very scenic but I'm a southener.

A bit cooler tomorrow and the carp will be having it off the top once I get out there.

Just about got enough floaters for a day session.. about 4 kilos lol.

All smothered in my magic no fail mix of oils, thai fish sauce and nash citruz and a sprinkle of brown swim stim which coats all the mixers and draws up the fish from the bottom also.

20200627_201916.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve had a couple of sessions myself lately Dave. Pulled this one out of the river Wednesday night 

View attachment 21150
nice one..

Had 2 rainbows out of local trout lake on a carp margin pole as they open it up to select coarse anglers this time of year to catch as many rainbows as possible as they struggle with the heat.

Usually a 2 fish limit but take as many as ypu can now.

Had them on the bbq.

Brilliant fight from a 3.5 lb one on carp pole with sweetcorn.

Latest Posts

Back