Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Start ups appearing by the dozen

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Has anyone else noticed a whopping increase in the number of start ups in their area the last few weeks? Must be as a result of job losses and nowhere else to turn i imagine. I’ve noticed at least a dozen new window cleaning/pressure washing companies advertising in Cardiff, kind of predicted an increase but this is crazy ? 
There are a few people kitting vans out with tank and RO systems reels and poles. Ready to go!

One was being advertised as a business for sale, saying are you fed up working for somebody else when you could be making all the money they do.  Then went on to say you could be earning this much per week for working this many hour's... Only problem was there was no customers included. ?

A lot of new starts ups, but 1/3 will give up in the winter, but there is still a shortage of window cleaners in my town cos ive picked up 300 customers in the past 7 days... ?  ?  My town surely needs more window cleaners even though other window cleaners in my town say there is to many ?

Plenty of work out there ?

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of new starts ups, but 1/3 will give up in the winter, but there is still a shortage of window cleaners in my town cos ive picked up 300 customers in the past 7 days... ?  ?  My town surely needs more window cleaners even though other window cleaners in my town say there is to many ?

I agree I have picked up £ 1500 of plastic and conservatory cleans in the last week !,, will be at least 4-6 weeks before we can get to them as we are already snowed under with extra jobs need another two vans ???

Goodness me, that's a lot of work you guys are getting, I dont mind doing some extra jobs, but I usually suggest a job to a customer when I'm thinking off doing more? 

You did say 300 customers in 7 days. Or did you mean 30

You did say 300 customers in 7 days. Or did you mean 30
Im 305 customers up since last Monday , not far away from having 3,000 regulars , aim is to have 12,000 customers within the next 5-6 years

24% OUT OF 100% mission accomplished✅

Last edited by a moderator:
The last couple of years I have noticed loads near me.Recently I have noticed a lot when out and about that I have never seen all working from cars with barrels in the back and pole over the seats looking like they are using the family motor.

Don't see as many with sign written vans.

You must have plenty of vans on the road? Good luck
We have 5 vans, with a 6th van coming along soon.

That's very impressive.. what's your main marketing strategy ?
Facebook ads has become my main marketing strategy in the past 12 months, not cheap to do facebook ads unless u have facebook ad vouchers, which can be a bargain buy if u manage to get hold of some.

We have 5 vans, with a 6th van coming along soon.

Facebook ads has become my main marketing strategy in the past 12 months, not cheap to do facebook ads unless u have facebook ad vouchers, which can be a bargain buy if u manage to get hold of some.
Do you vet your new customers or just charge a first clean to cover any time wasters ?

Seemingly there is no pollution near the top of a hill,so windows dont get dirty,despite me cleaning several bird splatters. Driving up a rough track,knocking lumps out of van to get there. I try n not dump anyone, maybe one day,when I'm snowed under.

Seemingly there is no pollution near the top of a hill,so windows dont get dirty,despite me cleaning several bird splatters. Driving up a rough track,knocking lumps out of van to get there. I try n not dump anyone, maybe one day,when I'm snowed under.
Evan more reason to dump , and build a more compact round we suggest 4 weekly 9 out of ten opt for  that , we do have a few 8 weekly but not many .

Mine are a good mix of 6-8 weekly,some 4weekly. I prefer 8weekly as like not being at same houses every month, but does impact on money, but overall keeps me ticking along in life. Like the mentioned house it's at top of a hill with a great view n that is what I like about the job?

Back