Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting to dread getting the squeegee out...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Speed isn't the issue, I'm a fast tradder ( but then we all say that) but it's still slower than wfp, and usually the result is worse

yep cheapy swings both ways just dont tell the wife....sssshhh

love em both but yep sometimes I look and think how the heck did I used to trad that...especially with leadeds and squares..

last week I did one....trad the house wfp the conny because I had done it before and the glass was the :turd: stuff but the conny was great

looking forward to a very busy week this week and the weather is going back to normal so all barrels and backpack on standby..and cheapy is off the block..

not been able to find a cloth yet for detailing that doesnt leave loads marks in this more powerful sun...so wfp means...ya dont have to touch the glass...

but my aldi sunglasses rock and have kept me going this year../emoticons/biggrin.png

I still not convinced one is better then the other. Certainly faster & safer tho.
It's not until you do the insides that you realise how bad trad can be, especially in low sun, you can't always see what your leaving behind with trad, sometimes it's pretty line-ey when that sun dips!

Wfp done right is absolutely spotless, as cheapy said,you don't touch the glass with wfp

Trad done right is spotless also

I like both and both do a good job imo

Glass seems to stay cleaner longer wfp but i go monthly to most anyway so not an issue

I've done insides & out trad & in sunlight over the years & leave no lines. Like wfp if done properly should be fine.

Bad trader leaves lines & misses corners like a wfp chap leaves spots.

I worked for 26 years trad with no complaints so i won't start getting them now

oh steve that made old cheapy laugh...:rofl:

I do a few insides and did one the other day in full sun not so much lines but....flamin scrim dust....static doesnt help...

the trick with trad is allways use a good rubber and strate channel i often change my channels fairly regular as i drop them all the time:rolleyes: also the rite soap mix is key alsp clean water in bucket lots of factores to get it rite

Tench0771 aka turbo Lee , your post is spot on, You need to trad / wfp in this games , I'm trying out few things I've been reading on here / and things u said , me and lee live / work in very salty window town and bird **** galore, Lee what do you think of the s channel ?

It's got to the point now where the thought of tradding is like a form of slavery,
I still trad some houses, but the low sun and seeing the lines, detailing, wiping the ledge blah blah, is really not enjoyable anymore, not to mention how long it takes....:rolleyes:

Has Anyone else who's wfp started to feel like this? It's such a drag having to get the ladders off now, used to not mind it, but now I'm finding wfp is being used for nearly all my houses...

A year ago wfp was being used for maybe 75%, now more like 99%

Wfp is just so much easier and faster, it's like night and day
Can't see the point at all mate, plenty that still do and perhaps don't want to move to the future but for me it's all about wfp, quicker, cleaner, safer, better, simples! Less rags to wash each day too! I say this if your round is all houses and external commercial, I guess no choice on lots of shop fronts and of course insides where wfp is not suitable.

Tench0771 aka turbo Lee , your post is spot on, You need to trad / wfp in this games , I'm trying out few things I've been reading on here / and things u said , me and lee live / work in very salty window town and bird **** galore, Lee what do you think of the s channel ?
i find it ok but im not shore if its as good as a standerd channel to b honist i wana try the standerd channel this week to compair

i find it ok but im not shore if its as good as a standerd channel to b honist i wana try the standerd channel this week to compair
Yeah I seem to snag on the rubber sometimes so going try normal and see how I go /emoticons/smile.png

Yeah I seem to snag on the rubber sometimes so going try normal and see how I go /emoticons/smile.png
yes defo its kinda grips on the ends i still find my self detailing to maby force of habit !!

That's what i was like at first with the liquidators

Detailing when not even needed

I've done insides & out trad & in sunlight over the years & leave no lines. Like wfp if done properly should be fine.
Bad trader leaves lines & misses corners like a wfp chap leaves spots.
Me too, but you can't always see what you've left behind when the sun isn't out, I use liquidators, and have done since the prototype, but your more likely to see lines and marks than with wfp, you may think you don't leave lines, but you probably are on a lot more windows than you think (talking about regular outside work)

I never get conplaints, but wfp is faster and easier, so it's just a no brainier,

It's not technique, it's just the trad method is more prone to lines and marks than wfp, and I would bet a lot of money that all tradders leave more lines than they think, you'd be surprised, you don't always see them on overcast days, but when you trad 15 odd houses a day, I can guarantee your leaving a fair few lines or marks, compared to wfp

Back