Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sun/heat/rinsing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Final rinse is seconds. Would rather know its gonna dry fine.

Plus I don't use tecbuk brushes so I have todo a final rinse.
I know what you mean Damo; if it gives you that sense of extra confidence the windows are going to be ok.

The way I see if it needs a final rinse I do it properly, a 2 second rinse with flow rate of 2.5 litres of water a minute means you are only putting out about 80ml of water, hardly enough to do it.

Even 2 seconds on each pane of glass eats into your cleaning time over the week, 2-3 hours or 10%, could cost you 1-2 days in income. That’s just the final rinse; most of the time is taken up with the brush cleaning, that’s why I go on about brushes so much. If I was to use some of the brushes I hear being used on the forum difference in earnings is easily hundreds per month.

Richard

(just use more brush strokes if you dont have a Tecbuk brush)

So you just scrub the window without a rinse?
If it needs a rinse I do it, if the window doesn’t I don’t.

I bet most on here just do the final rinse because it’s a confidence thing, or you go on to do the final rinse because that’s what you were told when you started. I bet you 70% of the windows you have cleaned are clean and don’t need a final rinse. (as long you don’t use a dirty brush, good flow of water etc

Richard

If it needs a rinse I do it, if the window doesn’t I don’t.
I bet most on here just do the final rinse because it’s a confidence thing, or you go on to do the final rinse because that’s what you were told when you started. I bet you 70% of the windows you have cleaned are clean and don’t need a final rinse. (as long you don’t use a dirty brush, good flow of water etc

Richard
richard. how do you know if the window does, or doesnt need a final rinse?

I'm guessing water hating glass doesn't need a final

Rinse.

If I have been cleaning a window for a few mins. Coz of lots of bird mess etc etc

So much water would have passed over that glass it Wong

Need a final rinse.

It's

Something I wanna try now.

It’s a good question by balaia; it would take a while to give detailed answer. Hydrophobic & hydrophilic glass Damo can affect the rinse time in a big way, but not really cleaning time, the difference is slight. So the two types of glass don’t become much of an issue for me.

If you’re got into a habit is doing a good final rinse with every pane of glass you have just cleaned, you going to notice the time & water consumption more, time here is a big problem. The problem isn’t the glass; I prefer to clean hydrophobic glass it’s a little bit faster to clean than the hydrophobic glass.

Richard

Back