Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another Window Cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I seen another window cleaner when I was out laying slabs yesterday. ( Crystal clear cleaning ) wanted to go over and ask him if I could have a shot of his WFP. Just to see if I liked it. Shame I was covered head to toe in sand and mud or I would have went over.

Im seriously considering getting a trolley system as I think it could get a part of my round done quicker.

Whats your thoughts? Could anyone recommend a system?

Crystal Clear, isn't there someone on here uses that business name?

Go for it Marc everyone that posts on the subject seems to be in agreement that they never looked back but a lot swear by backpacks rather than trolleys (although H will prove me wrong there lol).

Do you drive a van or car? A trolley system is not that much short of a van mount in prices.. Why not try a backpack to get you started to see how it goes?

I just set wfp up and at the min it's probably taking me a little bit longer? I know once I master the technique that I will wizz round some work alot faster and alot safer!!

But def think added the wfp is the way to go

I've been looking at these Draper ATV sprayers, they do smaller sizes 60 & 37 litre but this 98 litre looks ok, I reckon if this would do the job ok it would sit nicely in the van of someone thats got loads of other stuff taking up room. I've thought about em as I don't drive a van (yet) but my fiat stilo seats move forward to extend the boot. Still unsure and leaning towards a backpack but it's worth thinking about. 70psi but probs not great pump, that could be changed to a better one though if it broke lol.

I have a trolley, holds up to 2 25ltr barrels, can be hard to push with 2 full barrels in on certain terrains, ie gravel, and it's not a lot of fun lifting full either, but lifting in and out of van with 1 is fairly manageable, and of course you could empty it before you lift if you like, but usually I can work it so I'm liftin little more than half a barrel, and is usually fairly easy to move around, and as mentioned, can work with it in the van if you have enough hose. That said, if you had a backpack, you can stick it on a sack barrow and use as a trolley, and lift off for going round the back etc, only thing I don't fancy about backpacks is having to fill them all day as they are sealed units, where my trolley is just a matter of swapping barrels, but as I've not got one yet, hence not done it I could be making more drama about it than is justified.

Dodger mate, just googled draper stuff and looks tidy, no idea how well it'd work, first I've heard of them, question to me is, would you want to be lifting it out of your car several times a week to get the kids in, and if for some reason it's still pretty full for some reason...... But a backpack and a few drums you could manoeuvre more easily I think. For about a fort***ht I had my trolley in a punto with 4 drums pole etc, it was hoss work I can tell you, but doable, wouldn't have wanted to do it for long though, but a stilo is a bigger beast and would be easier, put a tarp in though, just in case of spillage!

All thoughts I've had about it Chip and that much weight behind axle might not be good. I can extend boot just on one side but probably too much hassle. Just thought it could be usefull for someone like Marc as I know he carries pressure washer etc in van as well.

I have a trolley, holds up to 2 25ltr barrels, can be hard to push with 2 full barrels in on certain terrains, ie gravel, and it's not a lot of fun lifting full either, but lifting in and out of van with 1 is fairly manageable, and of course you could empty it before you lift if you like, but usually I can work it so I'm liftin little more than half a barrel, and is usually fairly easy to move around, and as mentioned, can work with it in the van if you have enough hose. That said, if you had a backpack, you can stick it on a sack barrow and use as a trolley, and lift off for going round the back etc, only thing I don't fancy about backpacks is having to fill them all day as they are sealed units, where my trolley is just a matter of swapping barrels, but as I've not got one yet, hence not done it I could be making more drama about it than is justified.

Dodger mate, just googled draper stuff and looks tidy, no idea how well it'd work, first I've heard of them, question to me is, would you want to be lifting it out of your car several times a week to get the kids in, and if for some reason it's still pretty full for some reason...... But a backpack and a few drums you could manoeuvre more easily I think. For about a fort***ht I had my trolley in a punto with 4 drums pole etc, it was hoss work I can tell you, but doable, wouldn't have wanted to do it for long though, but a stilo is a bigger beast and would be easier, put a tarp in though, just in case of spillage!
Or you could take the barrels off and load everything seperately.

Spare 15 seconds hassle a day to save your back?

Crystal Clear, isn't there someone on here uses that business name?

Go for it Marc everyone that posts on the subject seems to be in agreement that they never looked back but a lot swear by backpacks rather than trolleys (although H will prove me wrong there lol).
What srt of price would I be looking at for a backpack?

Do you drive a van or car? A trolley system is not that much short of a van mount in prices.. Why not try a backpack to get you started to see how it goes?

I just set wfp up and at the min it's probably taking me a little bit longer? I know once I master the technique that I will wizz round some work alot faster and alot safer!!

But def think added the wfp is the way to go
I drive a van, but will have a ''business car'' on the road in 3-4 months

business car? That sounds good , explain further plz
My van is for my business I currently have no need for another motor for my business but i am in need of a car for personal use. (girl friends is pregnant) not saying that im going to but someone else im my situation could just put the car thro as a company car and claim al the expenses for the car thro the business, They could say it was for cllectors, canvassers. or what I was going to do further down the line was move in to house cleaning ( girl friend cover all that) and say thats what its getting used for.

Now this is all Hypothetical

Back