Switching from trad to pole

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Whizz-Bizz, May 26, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

Had a lengthy chat with one of my cleaners today in regards to switching from trad to pole, just wondering what or how is the best way to minimise drop rate. Any suggestions ?

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

satisfaction guarantee .

3. There is no easy way to be honest. Some people will never move away from trad or ever trust a pole. Best way I found was to explain the difficulty in getting insurance for trad as apposed to wfp. That along with the "im using pure water" speech is the only hope

4. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

5. Masons

Masons Guru

Explain the benefits to your customers.
    1. You get the same standard of cleaning but minimising risk of damage to the property (marks in grass, walls, sills or gutters and potential breaks from falls).
    2. Cheaper price for a frame clean (it is that speedy I myself reduced the average price of a window+frames clean).
    3. Safer for your health (minimises the risk of you being hurt, helps comply with health and safety regulations).
    4. Increases the amount of work you are able to do in an day (therefore keeping price increases to a minimum, wether it actually does or not is up to you, but is possible).
    5. Keeps insurance costs down which helps our business financially (again keeping price increases to a minimum).
    6. Potential to reach higher windows or ones that are hard to reach (above conservatories etc)

All the things I've stated are basic knowledge.

If you didn't think of all the things I've said and you've been wfp for a while then you're not a good salesman, as salesmen think of every possible way to persuade potential customers to change.

2 of my customers got rid when I changed, both old couples and change wasn't for them. Boo hoo I say (sarcasm).

6. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

Thats all very obvious what I'm looking for is the magic bullet, the golden goose of an answer.

You know if I was to write a letter to the clients I would include all of your answers and benefits that you provided as they are so obvious.

There has to be a better way, but I'm too busy to try and test options just want more bang for my buck in that respect hence the question.

Even thought about just dont tell them its being switched over, what sort of reaction would that get do you think ?

7. Masons

Masons Guru

^I didn't tell half mine as they're always out when I do windows, one couple complained and I said I'd done them like that 4 times.

Shut them up it did.

8. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

Hows this sound, dont tell no one but have letters in the van so when its whats all this we can be like oh did I not give you a letter here you go then show them the pole in action and say ive done it a few times for you now and you never complained.

9. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

just changes most dont care as long as clean, you will get ones that moan, but they are usually the ones looking for an excuse to cancel, and after a few months, some custys will say can you go back trad, and you will drop them rather than do trad again,

10. simon

simon Guru

just change em most wont notice, & as long as you do a 100% bang on job 99% wont care if you loose a couple so what, i always loose 2/3 one who worked from home said she didn't like the noise of the brush on the glass lol there's not even a sensible answer to that one, i just give her a big wave as i'm doing her neighbours

Advertisement