Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sorry this may seem a really dumb question , but I’m new at wfp so be kind ...what is the benefit of tube less ??

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
The main benefit is no tangled pole hose in the back of the van as it goes onto the hose reel after each job

‘Tubeless’ is a bit misleading. It refers to the almost tubeless state of the pole when not in use as the hose is disconnected at the base of the pole leaving only enough hose to fill a closed pole. This leads to the benefits already mentioned.

Another benefit - If your hose tends to get twisted, which it most likely will as you work, you can quickly disconnect at the base of the pole, untwist it and reconnect. If you work with a trolley and a relatively short hose as I do this I can be especially useful as any twists become a problem much quicker.

Is the pole heavier during the day, as your pulling your main thicker heavier hose into the pole when extending.

Is the pole heavier during the day, as your pulling your main thicker heavier hose into the pole when extending.

What you are doing is leaving the length of pole hose attached to your reel hose and that get wound in together with the reel onto your hose.

Good topic. So you have the hose running down inside pole and at the end it can dangle out the end of the pole say 4-6 inches and have a rectus 21 on so just clicks in to the hose real. I use a back pack, so thats sounding good to me. lot of connections though lol. Searched the net a bit about hoseless and connections etc to the hose real but not found any videos showing how its down or one in action. Really in two minds on where I am taking my set up, I am ready to sort a trolly system out but not sure whats best hose wise and real wise. But the JG connectors is a fantastic idea:)

I run tubeless as well and did have the same setup with a JG each side of the Univalve. But being in a constantly damp pole interior seemed to rot them from the outside and I've had a couple of JG connectors literally come apart at the ends as a result.  I decided to leave them out and just make up a spare Univalve and hose set for the top of the pole so I can just swap them out if theres a problem. Hasn't happened yet though. Now I only use one at the base of the pole and the 'T' piece at the top

'Speak of the devil,' had one bust up on me yesterday. Not in the pole admittedly. My hose got caught on a drain cover and normally it just pulls the hose out of the connector. This time however, the connector just came apart. This is why I stopped using them either side of the Univalve. My reasoning was that the more of them that there are in the hose the bigger the risk of one giving way. It's true, you could keep a supply of them on hand but in my case I know that sooner or later I'd forget to resupply and I'd find myself up the proverbial creek. So I opted to use fewer of them and keep the spare univalve and hose set in the vehicle instead

JG BUST.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Marko067 Funnily enough a brand new one bust on me the other day. Popped into my local suppliers to get some spares, the guy tried overcharging me, when I picked him up on this he got really stroppy and tried refusing me a receipt. Will be looking for another supplier, don't put up with idiots. 

Marko067 Funnily enough a brand new one bust on me the other day. Popped into my local suppliers to get some spares, the guy tried overcharging me, when I picked him up on this he got really stroppy and tried refusing me a receipt. Will be looking for another supplier, don't put up with idiots. 

You want to make sure you get genuine JG ones as some of the cheaper ones you can get hold of are nothing like as well made. I usually get mine as an 'add on' from Gardiners when I make an order.

Great topic. I'm thinking of going tubeless myself and this has helped me decide it is definitely the way to go. Love the JG quick fit idea to service the univalve too. Very helpful thanks guys.

I found that when I pulled on my univalve to get the water flowing the black connector didn't hold the pipe in, I had the one with a red push thing on so probably using the wrong black connector. It would be very helpful to know what those black fittings are in that picture and which ones they are on the Gardiner site as there are so many different ones............Those black fittings what are they called? Or do they have a name or number. Sorry for my ignorance. 

I found that when I pulled on my univalve to get the water flowing the black connector didn't hold the pipe in, I had the one with a red push thing on so probably using the wrong black connector. It would be very helpful to know what those black fittings are in that picture and which ones they are on the Gardiner site as there are so many different ones............Those black fittings what are they called? Or do they have a name or number. Sorry for my ignorance. 

Are these what you are after. They are all I use at the pole along with PU pole hose (not all weather yellow PVC).

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hoses/pole-hose/push-fit-8mm-to-8mm-straight-connector-in-black.html

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings/metric-fittings/john-guest-8mm-stem-to-6mm-barb.html

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings/metric-fittings/push-fit-t-connector-for-quick-loq-system.html

Latest Posts

Back