Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

VAN MOUNT which delivery system only

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adepta are pure freedom.

They are ok and a professional company but the quote looks terrible.No breakdown of individual items you could be paying £500 for protectakote which you don't need.It needs a breakdown.

They are vat registered the gross price is the plus vat price.

Personally I would go with Grippatank much better product and service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno, never heard of them before. It would be strange for a company connected to a large company like Purefreedom not to be vat registered though wouldn’t it?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
They are not only connected but do all their engineering work for them. I find it hard to believe that they are not registered. Maybe your looking into the wrong company?
I’d say a good portion of that quote will be for fitting which is usually to a high standard.

They are not only connected but do all their engineering work for them. I find it hard to believe that they are not registered. Maybe your looking into the wrong company?
I’d say a good portion of that quote will be for fitting which is usually to a high standard.

The 2 companies are linked together.

What we don't know is what the company's financial accountants are using Adepta for tax wise.

Its not usual for losses to be made in one place and profits made elsewhere. I'm not saying this is the case with Adepta as I don't know. I'm pretty sure the bill @P4dstargot on completion would have been from Purefreedom who are VAT registered. This would be why there's and net and a gross figure which is 20% different in their quotation. There is no reason why Adepta should be VAT registered if their turnover is below the VAT threshold.

The 2 companies are linked together.
What we don't know is what the company's financial accountants are using Adepta for tax wise.

Its not usual for losses to be made in one place and profits made elsewhere. I'm not saying this is the case with Adepta as I don't know. I'm pretty sure the bill [mention=5355]P4dstar[/mention]got on completion would have been from Purefreedom who are VAT registered. This would be why there's and net and a gross figure which is 20% different. There is no reason why Adepta should be VAT registered if their turnover is below the VAT threshold.
I’d never heard of them and such a high quote made me want to investigate a little further. They have been around since the 90’s and been limited since 2001. Still, it’s a ridiculous quote with no breakdown of costs.

I’d never heard of them and such a high quote made me want to investigate a little further. They have been around since the 90’s and been limited since 2001. Still, it’s a ridiculous quote with no breakdown of costs.

I guess its 'different strokes for different folks.'

I personally wouldn't question the quote as I can see what they are supplying and what they are fitting.

They could have done it differently.

To supply and fit 250 liter delivery only system in our workshops in Grimsby: £2740.92 including VAT.

System includes:

250 liter tank and frame,

Shurflo pump and controller,

heavy duty 110 amp leisure battery,

Split charge relay,

Hose reel and hose,

Van ports

Protectakote of van floor.

There is a video on YouTube of Purefreedom painting the floor of a van with Protectakot. It needs 24 hours between coats and then curing time.

How do you apportion costs of applying Protectakote? PF have fitted systems into several vans here and done a pretty good job. In both cases they suggested Proectakote application was done by the window cleaner so fitting the system would only be a days job.

When i did my Citroen Relay I estimate that it took me about 6 hours of preparation and painting time over Saturday and Sunday. If it takes them 4 hours, then labour is going to cost more than the £70 tin of 4 liter Protectakote. Our local Kwikfit charges labour out at £50 an hour + VAT. If they painted my van floor that would cost me £310 with the Protectakote bought off Ebay from Wintecs. So I think it would be very difficult to itemise a cost such as that on an estimate.

Someone asked Purefreedom to fit a PF tank taken from their old van and swapped over to a new van. He was surprised at a labour cost of around £470 - I can't remember the exact amount. He said that all they did was drill a couple of holes through the van's floor and he felt cheated. Every one else I've heard about has had a very good tank buying experience from Purefreedom and happy with the price charged. 

Whilst Grippa Tank will supply a much better tank than a Wyedale tank Purefreedom supply, the cost of a system from them will be much higher than PF.

I guess its 'different strokes for different folks.'

I personally wouldn't question the quote as I can see what they are supplying and what they are fitting.

They could have done it differently.

To supply and fit 250 liter delivery only system in our workshops in Grimsby: £2740.92 including VAT.
System includes:
250 liter tank and frame,
Shurflo pump and controller,
heavy duty 110 amp leisure battery,
Split charge relay,
Hose reel and hose,
Van ports
Protectakote of van floor.

There is a video on YouTube of Purefreedom painting the floor of a van with Protectakot. It needs 24 hours between coats and then curing time.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/sh7qJDzwDOg?feature=oembed  

How do you apportion costs of applying Protectakote? PF have fitted systems into several vans here and done a pretty good job. In both cases they suggested Proectakote application was done by the window cleaner so fitting the system would only be a days job.

When i did my Citroen Relay I estimate that it took me about 6 hours of preparation and painting time over Saturday and Sunday. If it takes them 4 hours, then labour is going to cost more than the £70 tin of 4 liter Protectakote. Our local Kwikfit charges labour out at £50 an hour + VAT. If they painted my van floor that would cost me £310 with the Protectakote bought off Ebay from Wintecs.

Whilst Grippa Tank will supply a much better tank than a Wyedale tank Purefreedom supply, the cost of a system from them will be much higher than PF.

[/URL]
I saw that video when I first used Protectakote. It looks like they’ve gone to the effort of removing the van doors too.

Personally I think it’s best just to do it yourself. Take out all the trim and paint it. The only benefit would be they can take it into a lock up and not worry about bits floating in or keeping animals away etc, I didn’t have that luxury on my driveway. Do you think that would make a big enough difference to the price taking out the Protectakote though? I like the look of the Facelift system and I’m sure most people can find a mechanic to fit it for less than £100

I saw that video when I first used Protectakote. It looks like they’ve gone to the effort of removing the van doors too.

Personally I think it’s best just to do it yourself. Take out all the trim and paint it. The only benefit would be they can take it into a lock up and not worry about bits floating in or keeping animals away etc, I didn’t have that luxury on my driveway. Do you think that would make a big enough difference to the price taking out the Protectakote though? I like the look of the Facelift system and I’m sure most people can find a mechanic to fit it for less than £100

I agree.

Not having a garage available is a major disadvantage. Doing the Protectakote yourself would have reduced the costs a fair bit and its something that is in the scope of every window cleaner to do themselves provided they have a secure parking area.

There are a few who found their local mechanic would do the job of fitting a tank for around £100.00. But once you start adding electrics then the price will increase accordingly.

Its not a difficult job to fit a tank. Its a matter of drilling holes in the right place through the floor. The most important issue is placing the tank so the front axle isn't overloaded when the tank is full.

I positioned my 650 liter tank across the front bulkhead of my first Citroen Relay. The axle was well overloaded when the tank was full. I had to turn the tank around and position it long ways to correct that.

And thats where PF would have the advantage as they would know exactly where to position what tank where. In many cases they would need to remove the diesel tank to get access to secure the tank properly. That will add extra cost.

I agree.
Not having a garage available is a major disadvantage. Doing the Protectakote yourself would have reduced the costs a fair bit and its something that is in the scope of every window cleaner to do themselves provided they have a secure parking area.

There are a few who found their local mechanic would do the job of fitting a tank for around £100.00. But once you start adding electrics then the price will increase accordingly.

Its not a difficult job to fit a tank. Its a matter of drilling holes in the right place through the floor. The most important issue is placing the tank so the front axle isn't overloaded when the tank is full.
I positioned my 650 liter tank across the front bulkhead of my first Citroen Relay. The axle was well overloaded when the tank was full. I had to turn the tank around and position it long ways to correct that.

And thats where PF would have the advantage as they would know exactly where to position what tank where. In many cases they would need to remove the diesel tank to get access to secure the tank properly. That will add extra cost.
That last bit makes all the difference too dude. I have 2 less bolts than I wanted in my tank so that we didn’t drill through channels and to avoid the fuel tank. It’s no problem as I over compensated anyway but that is a really good point. Depends on the size of tank you’re going for with regards to load distribution though, this chap only wants a smaller one. I’d still swing towards the Facelift one because you plug it into the mains to charge it.... depends if you want floor fittings and stuff too though.

It always baffles me when lads want top dollar for their own services but when it comes to spending their own cash they are the biggest hagglers goin.
Haha this is quite true Dave. You need to reinvest in your business for it to grow. I have a customer who is a ''relationship manager'' for a bank, basically she deals with struggling businesses. She was telling me how many people take every penny from a business when the going is good and then they're amazed when the business is failing and there are no funds available.... Skinflints pal haha.

I have undeleted this topic and just removed the post with the quote and sensitive Info in. Like your details and grippa tanks bank details. 

Back