Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

VAN MOUNT which delivery system only

WCF

Help Support WCF:

On 20/08/2018 at 08:38, spruce said:

I guess its 'different strokes for different folks.'

I personally wouldn't question the quote as I can see what they are supplying and what they are fitting.

They could have done it differently.

To supply and fit 250 liter delivery only system in our workshops in Grimsby: £2740.92 including VAT.

System includes:

250 liter tank and frame,

Shurflo pump and controller,

heavy duty 110 amp leisure battery,

Split charge relay,

Hose reel and hose,

Van ports

Protectakote of van floor.

There is a video on YouTube of Purefreedom painting the floor of a van with Protectakot. It needs 24 hours between coats and then curing time.

I'm going to add to the Protectakote side of this.

I'm in the process of painting my Peugeot Boxer swb van's floor.

Over the past week when time and energy has permitted I've spent 1.5 hours preparing the surface, removing trim, tie down anchors and rear door locking and support brackets, masking the edges, 2 hours putting the first coat on and virtually another 2 hours putting the second coat on. I'm at this stage atm (just finished it) but it looks like it could do with another coat.

A younger person might have been able to reduce those times a bit and been a little less particular, but it wouldn't have been by much. I bantered around a labour cost of 4 hours, but I think the job is more like 5 hours invoicing time tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've posted this before, I put this system in myself, cost around £500, I'm no diy expert and it was very easy. I charge the leisure battery over the weekend and it lasts me a week.

2018-08-30 14.05.43-1.jpg

I had the reels and brushes already, so just paid for the tank, controller/pump unit, resin vessel, battery and box,  straps and pipes.

I used cargo straps to hold the 400lt tank in and strapped the controller/pump unit and vessel to a bit of wood which the same  cargo straps hold in place.

Absolutely brilliant, never had a problem two years on.

Can anyone answer me this? Im about to invest in a car with ionic or facelift phoenix system. The seller who sells ionic says ionic is the best system. Any thoughts?Facelift phoenix is much cheaper than ionic. Any good advices? Im new to wfp but cleaned windows for 8 years. I have a ionic ro system and washed with it for 2 weeks.

The sales person would tell you Ionics is the best as they cost £1,000's, Ultimately as you are in Norway it will depend on what you are to able to purchase in Norway. 

Back