Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What day do u all break up and return?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wonder if anyone in the history of our profession has ever been asked to or just turned up and done a job on Christmas day?  Customer reaction would be funny.  Someone do a prank video.

“Plan” is to Break up 23rd & go back on the 2nd. I’m dreading jan & Feb ??
poor soul.....i cant remember the last time i dreaded work......oh yeah i can!it was nearly a decade ago now....I WAS TRAD!?

my last working day is the 23rd and im going back on the 6th.....i never work in between xmas and new year,never have in 26 years of window cleaning...i enjoy the break but ill be itching to get back to it after 13 straight days off!!

I'll be breaking up on the 20th. I usually take 3 weeks off over the festive period from the windows but I'll be out working with my band for a number of dates during the holidays that's why I tend to take 3 weeks off from window cleaning but I may just take 2 off and go back the 6th of January depending on how bored I get ?

will be fri the 20th. I couldnt do domestics with families etc gathering for hols. If I had any though, I would do kind of non-domestic or specially requested work up to the xmas eve.

I'll be finishing (hopefully) lunchtime on the 23rd and back on the 6th. If I get a decent gutter job in between I might be tempted to get out for a couple of hours though!

Finish on Christmas Eve, back two days later... no rest for the wicked ?

So you're back boxing day? Not being funny but if I had a window cleaner turn up on boxing day I would think he's a total raving loony. Unless you're doing commercial? Even so I still can't fathom. Take some time off mate put ya feet up there's more to life than work ?

I broke up after work on Monday the 9th Had a major operation (7 hours) on Tuesday 10th. I've been told I probably won't be able to work again for at least six or eight weeks. My son is going to keep the work going.

Hope it’s nothing to serious and that you make a speedy recovery.
Thanks Pjj, it's cancer of the oesophagus (gullet). They had to open me up from the left armpit to just above the belly button. Remove most of the oesophagus and some of the top of the stomach and then Re-join what was left.

The surgeon in charge of the op told my wife they got it all. I hope to be allowed home by Monday.

Almost never been I'll before this.

Thanks Pjj, it's cancer of the oesophagus (gullet). They had to open me up from the left armpit to just above the belly button. Remove most of the oesophagus and some of the top of the stomach and then Re-join what was left.

The surgeon in charge of the op told my wife they got it all. I hope to be allowed home by Monday.

Sorry to hear, I didn't appreciate it was such a major op, my grit and determination quote doesn't really apply in your situation. Stay strong and fight is more apt, good luck.

wishing u a speedy recovery m8. Hope it all ends well. 

Back