Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what do you invest your money in?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Honestly a lot of us don't even understand how it really works, we are used to pounds, dollars etc... I encounter BTC sometimes while working, but I try to stay away from it because it is really unstable now. You can never know when the price can drop to 10K dollars again. I hope that doesn't happen, and I hope that it will stay around 50K, but we can only hope, no one can know. I will keep on working with forex until I understand BTC better. I have a new forex account    and I expect to start making more profit than before. My old broker was sh*t, everything is better now.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Russian or North Korean Central banks owned by them though. I was pretty surprised to see they own Iran's central bank though.
That surprised me also.. as far as I understand there's only a handful of countries in the world they don't own.

i bought £2000 in Premium Bonds Thought id win something . I just remembered there. You forget you have that money put away. it is an investment . no return unless you do win . but it is safe. im now £2000 better off as i now remember i purchased the bonds . ill prob buy more . you never know

i bought £2000 in Premium Bonds Thought id win something . I just remembered there. You forget you have that money put away. it is an investment . no return unless you do win . but it is safe. im now £2000 better off as i now remember i purchased the bonds . ill prob buy more . you never know
That's a real bonus, I'll not talk about my share losses this year ☹️

You can buy a maximum of £50k now and risk free. Best investment out there at the moment. Seen my first Landscaper off work today, so things must be getting bad.

I was thinking there, what was my best investment was, bar my house. My solar panels was a good investment but took me 9 years to get my money back. The best investment was a hot water system from Grippa at £10k for the van system. Made an easy £200 today and in less than a year i got my money back so pretty lucky i went for it. It's one of those things that no one can see it or realise it till they actually undertake the task. Local advertising means local work comes in every month now. I wonder what the price of the system is now? probably £15k, ?

With premium bonds you pay no income tax on any money you win.

A good investment should go up in value With out doing much
A Grippa system is a good tool but I wouldn’t necessarily call it an investment.Great for business and work mind But won’t appreciate in value.

Property,Watches,and Art can be good investments it’s only recently that you can now get a goodish return with saving accounts and ISA’s

Used Rolex watches have increased a lot in the last few years. Especially certain models - Explorers/Sea Dwellers.. I walk past a shop and what cost 7 grand a couple of years ago is now costing 15k... A guy I was speaking to was saying to buy Tudor watches (Rolex sister company) and also certain models of the Swatch/Omega joint venture watches (Neptune/Mission to the Moon). Theyre not hugely expensive but you can double you money quickly for certain editions they have made.

Used Rolex watches have increased a lot in the last few years. Especially certain models - Explorers/Sea Dwellers.. I walk past a shop and what cost 7 grand a couple of years ago is now costing 15k... A guy I was speaking to was saying to buy Tudor watches (Rolex sister company) and also certain models of the Swatch/Omega joint venture watches (Neptune/Mission to the Moon). Theyre not hugely expensive but you can double you money quickly for certain editions they have made.
Rolex is all based on the supply issue the average bloke cannot walk in to an authorised dealer and buy one at rrp.
factor that in with all the covid money and the prices rocketed but it’s changing and there now starting to drop in price and that will probably continue well in to next year

Tudor won’t go up much if anything at all still nice watches mind.The omega & swatch colab are ok but still proving very hard to get as there only available in the flagship stores and the good models are often not available.

I have a customer who has 50k worth said he tends win around £1300 per year he said. He said he wins every draw. Keeps telling me to buy them.

Martin Lewis discussing them. Worth a watch.

I’ve just brought some but don’t expect to win anything. I had money sitting in a current account (rainy day) earning no interest. Would earn next to nothing with current % rates so low, so premium bonds were best bet as, I’ll probably not make anything (same position I was already in) but extremely small chance I make something, so worth sitting the money there until needed.

That’s amazing appreciate in 3 years. You going to sell it?

I think I would be good at investing. If only I had some way of communicating with my past self. ?
I think I'll give it to my daughter as a milestone gift at some point in the future, I originally bought it as a gift for my dad as he'd retiree, but fell in love with it and ended up buying him an Omega instead. I don't think I could part with it otherwise!

I think the problem with investing is a lot of people see it as a vehicle to get rich, which it can be, but it is much more likely to serve as a way of persevering wealth.

I started investing into an index fund when I was 21 (25 now), which I will never touch until I retire and it should be a large sum of money when that day comes. I also have a bit of money in individual stocks that I see as a bit of a gamble, same with some crypto etc.

Back