Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you use them on?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gutter headghogs are a complete waist of time we remove hundreds of meters of the stuff each year it just grows plant life on top of it : the mesh that they put on top of the gutter is exactly the same gressgriws on top of it and the roots go into the gutter to get water a right old mess only way to get rid of it is with ladders too , we charge considerably more to remove both the above and then the customer has to get rid of big black bin liners full of stinking rotting vegetation 

Gutter headghogs are a complete waist of time we remove hundreds of meters of the stuff each year it just grows plant life on top of it : the mesh that they put on top of the gutter is exactly the same gressgriws on top of it and the roots go into the gutter to get water a right old mess only way to get rid of it is with ladders too , we charge considerably more to remove both the above and then the customer has to get rid of big black bin liners full of stinking rotting vegetation 
Yeh I actually turn down just with gutter guards/brushes in now. Bungalows I’ll do but not enjoy, but working off a ladder on a high house on my own & p1ssing around with the brushes Na stuff that.

But down pipes guards are a great little friend. Unblocking downpipes is the part which always takes longer than it should, and for £1.50 each from screwfix each gutter clear after that it a lot more straight forward. 

Yeh I actually turn down just with gutter guards/brushes in now. Bungalows I’ll do but not enjoy, but working off a ladder on a high house on my own & p1ssing around with the brushes Na stuff that.

But down pipes guards are a great little friend. Unblocking downpipes is the part which always takes longer than it should, and for £1.50 each from screwfix each gutter clear after that it a lot more straight forward. 

Thats intresting we generaly remove them as well ?? as I have found that just one leaf in the wrong place will block them and then the whole gutter overflows,then the customer is on the phone saying you only cleaned them a few weeks ago then you have to go back !,,,, , usualy If gutters are maintained regularly the s bends shouldn’t get blocked , we now are recommending that customers have the gutters vacuumed even year , we now have quite a lot of regular jobs like this very good for the bank balance and keeps the customers happy too 

Thats intresting we generaly remove them as well ?? as I have found that just one leaf in the wrong place will block them and then the whole gutter overflows,then the customer is on the phone saying you only cleaned them a few weeks ago then you have to go back !,,,, , usualy If gutters are maintained regularly the s bends shouldn’t get blocked , we now are recommending that customers have the gutters vacuumed even year , we now have quite a lot of regular jobs like this very good for the bank balance and keeps the customers happy too 
Hmm interesting 

Back