Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats your most popular way of gaining new customers?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

boardcity - whats the nack with facebook? Ive followed the advice on here, been posting in buy and sell groups and business groups but as yet it hasn't been very productive for me to be honest.
Got any tips?
get good clear images of you at work+ friendly wording to your post . e.g. i can clean your windows this coming week and jobs done properly, most houses are ten pounds send me a message or better still call me up blah blah blah.

How many customers do you think you may get from each 100 fliers?
i learned i needed to put out 500 each day if i wanted a result. put out 200 and you risk zero response . from 500 you should get 4 or 5 jobs,on a bad day only 1. doling out 500 each time and youre almost certain to run into streets with no windie

example- im firmly of the belief that if you dole out a million flyers youd have 10000 solid customers.course youll need employees cos itll be a big biz youll now have but i guarantee youll get 10k from that leaflet effort

this example exaggerates just so you get the point

It's been quiet today but from that 1 facebook post i have now got 2 new customers since 10 pm and someone saw it and it reminded them to get back to me about a quote i did for fascias which they are now having done next monday

I love facebook

I'm getting 3% from flyers. Working well for me. Takes ages to drop cos it's all villages though.

You sound surprised?
If you could get 1 or more customers from 100 leaflets delivered on a regular basis no one would bother canvassing.
So do you only get 1 customer from every 100 houses you canvass as well ?

It's a numbers game

The results vary each time but if you do enough consistently you will build up your round

so many start out in this game but dont dig deep,only scratch the surface. theyre the ones that keep saying "theres so many windies in this town,its crazy "

how i got a proper toehold was to plan out a serious leafletting effort. dont think about cleaning windows or seeing other windies so much,the leafletting has to be the be all and end all of your life. buy local street maps and chart your course on it using hi-lighter pens. you cant afford to miss out any houses. maybe looking at this street map you realize the towns huge. ok ,instead decide im going to leaflet the Southside only , following the plan thru takes weeks but eventually youve done it,,,phew!

Afterwards you realize youv got a half-decent round ,but still got a hunger so set about doing the northside by Xmas . following it thru is what its about

I have 10k new leaflets on order at the moment and i will be delivering them all over the next year

It's not so easy when you are already working but that is what eveningsand weekends are for

And i have a son who will deliver some with his mates for a few quid extra pocket money

I've found that I'm the best person to deliver the leaflets. I can quote and book the job in there and then. I've done about 1800 of ten thousand. Nobody can sell your service better than you can!

im not sure of the numbers cos i printed them myself. this was a bit daft really as i ended up burning out 3 printers as theyre not up to commercial use but hey i got the fliers done which was main thing. doled out somewhere around 20k homebrew leaflets possibly more. anyway this got me a busy round suitable for me +employee . just as id finished my leaflet dole out plan, i discovered Facebook about 3yrs ago,posting on it And doing the paid ads allowed me to almost double the original round and take on another 2 more employees .

I have 10k new leaflets on order at the moment and i will be delivering them all over the next yearIt's not so easy when you are already working but that is what eveningsand weekends are for

And i have a son who will deliver some with his mates for a few quid extra pocket money
What does 10k leaflets cost mate?

Don't worry, I'm not going to copy you. I'm too lazy to deliver 10k leaflets and it would cost me too much for my kids to deliver them [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

So do you only get 1 customer from every 100 houses you canvass as well ?
I completely depends. It's a lottery. In the day time I averaged 1 an hour canvassing expect that to double on evenings.

My point was if I could get 1 customer per 100 leaflets on a consistent basis there would be no need to canvass. Could do 600 leaflets a day in about 5 hours so that's 30 customers a week so why canvass.

good thing about leaflets is theres usually ongoing enquiries after the drop,sometimes up to a year later! bad thing about leaflets is its flippin hard work doling them out. if you put out 500 in a day thats VERY good going and youll feel it the next day too. that why professional leafletting firms never hold onto staff for long,its very wearing

im not sure of the numbers cos i printed them myself. this was a bit daft really as i ended up burning out 3 printers as theyre not up to commercial use but hey i got the fliers done which was main thing. doled out somewhere around 20k homebrew leaflets possibly more. anyway this got me a busy round suitable for me +employee . just as id finished my leaflet dole out plan, i discovered Facebook about 3yrs ago,posting on it And doing the paid ads allowed me to almost double the original round and take on another 2 more employees .[/quotegreat advice boar do all your team work out off one vehicle

yes ,one berlingo crew van.4 seater---- i had planned to buy a 6 seater end of 2015 but a few things happened to make me rethink- 1st of all the citroen dealer couldnt come up with a 6 seater as the latest berlingo crewvan is only 5seater .then he couldnt even get a 5 seater for at least 6 months but wanted me to "keep things moving" and place my order. i declined

then my number 3 employee started playing up ,his heart wasnt in it, so he messed me about then quit on me cos i didnt fire him 1st

i then replaced him twice but both workers turned out to be deadbeats . my other employees suggested we muddle on thru as a 3 man team ,i had misgivings ,but said ok,lets try it.

its been best thing ever. i cast aside all the 3 storey work and am in process of ditching anything else i dont like doing while at same time taking on stuff that fits in with our style of working [mostly council houses]

What does 10k leaflets cost mate?
Don't worry, I'm not going to copy you. I'm too lazy to deliver 10k leaflets and it would cost me too much for my kids to deliver them [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I can't remember mate

I will let you know when i get home and have a look

Latest Posts

Back