Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which small van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If every one didn't give a ? things would be a lot worse, I think some have missed the issue here we are in a climate crisis the world as we know is going to change forever, thanks to humans things are been wiped out but that's just fine with some because they are ignorant keeping your blinkers and carrying on regardless is why we are in the ? we are in. 
If we are in a climate crisis and there is 7 billion people on the planet, me stoping with the engine running for an hour a week wont make any difference whatsoever.

To be honest i know nothing about the subject as i dont really watch the news much or pay any attention to politics i dont even vote.... the worlds issues arent my problem to sort out, thats what govenments are for. I dont really worry about these things, life is short and i will soon be gone so just do what makes me happy in the moment. Like getting warm at lunch time ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are in a climate crisis and there is 7 billion people on the planet, me stoping with the engine running for an hour a week wont make any difference whatsoever.

To be honest i know nothing about the subject as i dont really watch the news much or pay any attention to politics i dont even vote.... the worlds issues arent my problem to sort out, thats what govenments are for. I dont really worry about these things, life is short and i will soon be gone so just do what makes me happy in the moment. Like getting warm at lunch time ?
But if we all do our bit it would make a huge difference, if 7 billion people run their engines for 1 hour a week to keep warm or cold that’s a lot of co  build up , this is why new vehicles have stop start technology.

But if we all do our bit it would make a huge difference, if 7 billion people run their engines for 1 hour a week to keep warm or cold that’s a lot of co  build up , this is why new vehicles have stop start technology.
I'm not prepared to sit in my van at lunchtime in winter for 30 mins with the engine off freezing cold every day,same for hot summer days,i love my air con on a hot day....it helps me through the working day...

You could say I'm eco friendly keeping all my work close by so hardly any driving about,short work hours and no kids.....I also eat a lot more veggie food these days...

Actually I think I'm an eco WARRIOR!?

Vivaro van for me new in 2017 and only done 27K after having had a Berlingo which could not handle the weight of a tank 350 plus hose, plus ladders, poles, fuel, two lightweight chaps and cloths and backpack and fuel for lunch etc etc so get a bigger van if you can or stick with a small van and backpack only as the steering is compromised in a small van and riskier if you have an accident.

I wouldn't have a van mounted tank in a small van as too many lads died with them in accidents.

Vivaro van for me new in 2017 and only done 27K after having had a Berlingo which could not handle the weight of a tank 350 plus hose, plus ladders, poles, fuel, two lightweight chaps and cloths and backpack and fuel for lunch etc etc so get a bigger van if you can or stick with a small van and backpack only as the steering is compromised in a small van and riskier if you have an accident.

I wouldn't have a van mounted tank in a small van as too many lads died with them in accidents.
Nothing wrong with having a mounted tank in a small van so long as the weight is right 

Dependant on the payload which they are usually around 650kg then you'd have been overloaded, I have vauxhall combo/fiat doblo 675kg payload with a 350ltr tank with the frame PowerUp reel poles toolbox etc plus little 9st me I reckon I'm close to 600kg I've had no issues with handling at all 

A van whether it be small or a transit type the safety is exactly the the same they both have steel bulkheads the compromise comes with people overloading their vans and not having a professionally fitted system which is bolted in correctly with high tensile bolts and spreader plates.

well if everyone else does their bit i can run mine and wont be a problem ?

I`ll be honest i couldnt care less, im quite selfish.

Back