Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning etiquette

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Oh,...I could tell you boys some stories that would make you're heart pump faster, you're eyes would water, you're hair would curl and there would be a stirring below.
But I won't,....cuz I'm a good lad. /emoticons/tongue.png
Oh please do

I've missed you Taytay.
StiIl waiting for that special Robin Asquith moment, when Lady Milf asks me to climb Into her bedroom to help her move her wardrobe!. .........well, it would make a change from the usual invite in for tea and muffin!. I likes a bit of muffin

Last edited by a moderator:
StiIl waiting for that special Robin Asquith moment when Lady Milf asks me to climb Into her bedroom to help her move her wardrobe!. .........well, it would make a change from the usual invite in for tea and muffin!. I likes a bit of muffin
Nah bllocks to that, she can move her own furniture. Fkin canujusters!

Oh, I see what you mean. Yep that'll be good.:thumbsup:

I have some that request a phone call the day before I go:eek:

I knock some, not many.

Mostly just get on with it, I have a lot of OAPs and I dont think they would appreciate having to come to the door twice, once to see who it is and then to pay me, they would be exhausted, but sometimes I do knock the older ones in small houses before I start, as you can get started and finish by the time the purse is fetched, thank you very muckle.

Nope never knock first unless I been out canvassing and it's a brand new custie.

I don't think you need to once you been doing their windows a little while.

I pole tops and trad bottoms so maybe different if I was trad only ......

Got pulled up earlier by a customer for not knocking on the door before cleaning, now when i first start doing a new custie i tend to knock the first time to introduce myself, but after that whether they are in or out i just do it and post a note, or if they pay cash knock after.
Only time i knock before is if i know they have a dog or a locked gate.

Just wondered what you guys do?

i always remember as a kid the ladder monkeys just slapping the ladders up and appearing at windows at random, since the intervention of wfp has the ettiquette changed?
I havn't got time to chap doors lol i'm there to do a job as quick as possible and move onto the next house, all that sh_t would drive me crazy lol texting people and chapping doors etc

yep with you on that kev...it takes ages to get cheapie out of his chair and two cups of very strong coffee to get him going but once hes off thats it ...anything that slows me down is bloody annoying..

hence why I am going to do an odd one today and should really leaflet the area...I do keep thinking about it but...

time moves too fast..got ta run..late for work again../emoticons/biggrin.png

I get quite a bit of work by chatting to customers on the doorstep when I know, earlier being a good example after a quick chat now have 3 conservatories to do all on the same street, one for her mum out the back, one for the neighbour and one for her mother and father in law two doors up, also quoted on pressure washing for all of them and quoted on another neighbours conservatory who wasn't in but you could see it at the back who is her friends.

All from a "Hi come to do your windows, just out of interest did your mother in law want me to give her a price on her conservatory I noticed it looked quite dirty when I cleaned last time?" I asked her as she deals with her mother in laws house and she pays me etc.

I get quite a bit of work by chatting to customers on the doorstep when I know, earlier being a good example after a quick chat now have 3 conservatories to do all on the same street, one for her mum out the back, one for the neighbour and one for her mother and father in law two doors up, also quoted on pressure washing for all of them and quoted on another neighbours conservatory who wasn't in but you could see it at the back who is her friends.
All from a "Hi come to do your windows, just out of interest did your mother in law want me to give her a price on her conservatory I noticed it looked quite dirty when I cleaned last time?" I asked her as she deals with her mother in laws house and she pays me etc.
thats also a benefit of knocking, and your custies will get to know you better and therefore be less likely to change windy, win-win i would say

I prefer to knock but round here it is a waste of time during work hours

I leaflett then and knock other streets in the evenings

I prefer to knock but round here it is a waste of time during work hoursI leaflett then and knock other streets in the evenings
Most round here have trophy wives sat at home and going out for lunches etc.

Back