Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Worst winter yet

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’m in the east. Think I will just have the week off. To cold and windy and not worth risking my van for. Just start again next Monday where I left off. 

I’m in the east. Think I will just have the week off. To cold and windy and not worth risking my van for. Just start again next Monday where I left off. 
If theres thick snow on the ground and its compacted overnight with zero temperatures in the day then I dont blame you...like you say it's not worth risking your van skidding on the ice and causing an accident.....

Enjoy your week off... ?

I’ve decided to have tomorrow off as it’s the most windy and cold of the lot this week, plus I just fancy a day off and that’s what being self employed is all about.

Got a fire stick loaded with thousands of films, plenty of tea bags and a packet of chocolate hob nobs ?

I’ve decided to have tomorrow off as it’s the most windy and cold of the lot this week, plus I just fancy a day off and that’s what being self employed is all about.

Got a fire stick loaded with thousands of films, plenty of tea bags and a packet of chocolate hob nobs ?
This forum isn’t for you then.
You apparently have to work in shorts & t shirts everyday and then tell us how much you earned at the end of the day ?

Yeah I’m planning to take tomorrow off too. I’ll check again in the morning just incase, at the best case scenario I can maybe do 11:30-3:30 tomorrow, but I don’t mind having it off. 

I'm working away next week and could compress this weeks work into 4 days if I had to but if I do that and the weather is really bad one day I've then lost work so fleece under waterproof, hat, gloves and warm water is order of the day. Forecast is -6 with the wind chill.

That's the joy of self employment mate.. do what you like.

Problem with chocolate hob nobs, as nice as they are they’re too wide for my gob. I have a small mouth. Get the chocolate smears on the side of my mouth when I try and eat over half. And if you go for a half bite or less then re dunk they often break for me. 

I’m more of a Maryland cookie man. Or custard creams. 

Sorry to cause any tension......

I'm working away next week and could compress this weeks work into 4 days if I had to but if I do that and the weather is really bad one day I've then lost work so fleece under waterproof, hat, gloves and warm water is order of the day. Forecast is -6 with the wind chill.
Good luck with that. I’ve just been outside and my garden tap has froze up!

It is fully lagged and had a coat over it as well!

Sod it, as I said earlier, I should be in Tenerife now anyway. So if I have time off I’m not really losing money in a daft sort of way. Always a half glass fall ?

Have a good week people, and a day’s money lost is cheaper than a smashed van ???‍?

Extra layers and hot coffee will keep you going mate.

I need to go screwfix on the way out tomorrow as so far this year I've not needed gloves (can't stand wearing them but not working this week without any)

I do also chuck a charcoal stick handwarmer in my hoodie pocket as it keeps my core a touch warmer under my jacket.

They get really warm and only £2 for 12 extra sticks online or at go outdoors.

Screenshot_20210207-214547_Samsung Internet.jpg

Problem with chocolate hob nobs, as nice as they are they’re too wide for my gob. I have a small mouth. Get the chocolate smears on the side of my mouth when I try and eat over half. And if you go for a half bite or less then re dunk they often break for me. 

I must have a big gob then.

Hobnobs are 1 per mouthfull lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Extra layers and hot coffee will keep you going mate.

I need to go screwfix on the way out tomorrow as so far this year I've not needed gloves (can't stand wearing them but not working this week without any)

I do also chuck a charcoal stick handwarmer in my hoodie pocket as it keeps my core a touch warmer under my jacket.

They get really warm and only £2 for 12 extra sticks online or at go outdoors.

View attachment 23334
The hat, coat and gloves is for the boy, I'll just have my polo on.

Chocolate topped malted milk biscuits are my favourite but not many places sell them

That's the joy of self employment mate.. do what you like.
It winds me up when people have an opinion if you take a day off for no reason or do the opposite to what they are doing, use a different method/system, don't use the same software or gocardless etc etc etc.

It's good to talk and give what you think is good advice or help but too much judgement goes on which is why people then criticise forums etc.

We are all free to do what we like.

Rant over lol.

This forum isn’t for you then.
You apparently have to work in shorts & t shirts everyday and then tell us how much you earned at the end of the day ?

Yeah I’m planning to take tomorrow off too. I’ll check again in the morning just incase, at the best case scenario I can maybe do 11:30-3:30 tomorrow, but I don’t mind having it off. 

I'm working tomorrow through choice but if your not good for you..you'll be warmer for a start.

Apart from a gutter empty and soapwash job on Tuesday, and a quote for a potential new customer, we're off for the week. It coinsides with time off on our 6 weekly scheduling. If new work comes in I'll probably do it.

2c with strong gales, not for me, I'm having tomorrow off.  0c till 10:00 then 1c.  Tuesday it's not going above 0c till 12:00.  Felt like spring last week, lol, going to be brutal.

same here....I used to get wound up about the weather. Lot more chillled about it now....cant be arsed with fannying around with the snow, ice and wind tomorrow.so taking the day off....and just treated myself to an extra pint and a nice big fat glass of wine....perks of self employment?

It winds me up when people have an opinion if you take a day off for no reason or do the opposite to what they are doing, use a different method/system, don't use the same software or gocardless etc etc etc.

It's good to talk and give what you think is good advice or help but too much judgement goes on which is why people then criticise forums etc.

We are all free to do what we like.

Rant over lol.

I'm working tomorrow through choice but if your not good for you..you'll be warmer for a start.
What winds me up are the window cleaners who are always shirking at the slightest hint of bad weather then moan when their skint and they need a new van or pole......its all their own fault!??

Enjoy your day off mate....I've got a 4 day week this week and next week so I should complete this weeks work by Thursday afternoon and then I'm going to take a full 4 days off and go back on the tuesday next week.....??

Latest Posts

Back