Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
slippy

Climbing onto flat roofs and getting over

I wouldn’t get on the roof if it was iced up - simply not worth the risk. I’d also recommend not using a customers ladder, the whole point of having your own kit is you are liable if it fails and should be inspecting it to make sure it’s fit for purpose. When I worked for the council you had your own ladders issued and no-one was allowed to use them. Tricky one that slippy. I’m more than happy using ladders and have used one on nearly every job today (11 that needed it) but using ladders is purely my choice with my ladders and my safety kit - if the conditions don’t suit (rain, snow, ice, wind) I won’t do it.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

4 hours ago, Den said:

I'm sure someone mention/I read on the forum once that they used a microlight for a Connie and it made a hole in the roof 😬

4 hours ago, Den said:

I'm sure someone mention/I read on the forum once that they used a microlight for a Connie and it made a hole in the roof 😬

I'll have a look u reckon stick to tieing it to gutters 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AGlassAct said:

I wouldn’t get on the roof if it was iced up - simply not worth the risk. I’d also recommend not using a customers ladder, the whole point of having your own kit is you are liable if it fails and should be inspecting it to make sure it’s fit for purpose. When I worked for the council you had your own ladders issued and no-one was allowed to use them. Tricky one that slippy. I’m more than happy using ladders and have used one on nearly every job today (11 that needed it) but using ladders is purely my choice with my ladders and my safety kit - if the conditions don’t suit (rain, snow, ice, wind) I won’t do it.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I wouldn't go on there with snow or ice of course, but one time in November it was very wet and like an ice rink so I gave it a miss.   I guess only go up there if dry.   I usually run hand over surface and make a judgement call. Not sure how u decide? 

Edited by slippy