Bart90

Suds and the washing machine....

Bart90

Does anyone else have extreme frothing in the washing machine to the point it leaks due to the vast amount of soap in the microfibres?   Any solutions?  I wash them once a week and it's like a snow storm in there...!

Iron Giant

I always used to put cloths on a rinse cycle only, Detergent builds up in a washing machine over time so their is always a fair amount lurking in their to start with more so if overdose with detergent on every wash cycle.

Bart90
1 minute ago, Iron Giant said:

I always used to put cloths on a rinse cycle only, Detergent builds up in a washing machine over time so their is always a fair amount lurking in their to start with more so if overdose with detergent on every wash cycle.

Good advice, i will try that.

rugbywolf
2 hours ago, Bart90 said:

Does anyone else have extreme frothing in the washing machine to the point it leaks due to the vast amount of soap in the microfibres?   Any solutions?  I wash them once a week and it's like a snow storm in there...!

I never wash cloths in a washing machine, sometimes there're very bad, it'll bung up the machine. I soak mine in a bucket with washing liquid for maybe overnight or a couple of days, then spin dry them and hang them up to dry. I bought an old spin drier years  ago, and it does a great job.

High-tower

Just rinse the worst of it out in the sink first, then I stick it on a hot wash and keep an eye on it sometimes needs a couple of jugs of hot water pouring in the detergent drawer if it gets a bit carried away.

rugbywolf
2 hours ago, High-tower said:

Just rinse the worst of it out in the sink first, then I stick it on a hot wash and keep an eye on it sometimes needs a couple of jugs of hot water pouring in the detergent drawer if it gets a bit carried away.

Think of your electric bills!!

brianbadonde

I rinse mine under the tap first. Otherwise, like you say, the machine froths up and leaks!