Jump to content
clear view of silverton

Good rubber gone bad

Recommended Posts

clear view of silverton

With the heat the other day my razor red left lines everywhere and just caused me grief can anyone suggest a rubber that works in the heat but feels like red thanks

 

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Den

Wonder if one of the Mods can move this post to the traditional section you might a a few answers if posted in the correct forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
12 hours ago, clear view of silverton said:

 

With the heat the other day my razor red left lines everywhere and just caused me grief can anyone suggest a rubber that works in the heat but feels like red thanks

 

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

 

 

 

I think you can get 3 types of rubber, soft, medium or hard. They say hard for the hot weather but up here in Scotland we can use soft all year round.

Share this post


Link to post


monkeyman12
Red works best in hot weather, its **** in cold i be going to razor soon from ettore

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app


Have to agree with John. I use soft rubber predominantly in the winter, only using red when I'm forced to on really rough wooden frames, that would destroy my soft rubber.


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
albootyerbaws

ive got 3 36 inches lengths of pulex rubber that are all knackered both sides. they are leaving water on the glass after i blade off.  thought it might be the channel so tried another & exact same. cant see any scuff marks or anything wrong with the rubber. any ideas ?

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
3 hours ago, albootyerbaws said:

ive got 3 36 inches lengths of pulex rubber that are all knackered both sides. they are leaving water on the glass after i blade off.  thought it might be the channel so tried another & exact same. cant see any scuff marks or anything wrong with the rubber. any ideas ?

 

Depends where its been lying and did any chemicals touch it. If lying in a garage then the frost may have frozen it and now its thawed out. Many reasons but better to just buy it when you need it or it just gets in the way.

Share this post


Link to post
albootyerbaws
Just now, scottish cleaning service said:

 

Depends where its been lying and did any chemicals touch it. If lying in a garage then the frost may have frozen it and now its thawed out. Many reasons but better to just buy it when you need it or it just gets in the way.

 

Just now, scottish cleaning service said:

 

Depends where its been lying and did any chemicals touch it. If lying in a garage then the frost may have frozen it and now its thawed out. Many reasons but better to just buy it when you need it or it just gets in the way.

it was still in the jiffy bag it came in. kept in a drawer.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
1 minute ago, albootyerbaws said:

 

it was still in the jiffy bag it came in. kept in a drawer.

 

Sounds as if the rubber has broken down. I would bin it and buy a new strip from a good retailer.

Share this post


Link to post
albootyerbaws
Just now, scottish cleaning service said:

 

Sounds as if the rubber has broken down. I would bin it and buy a new strip from a good retailer.

theyve all been binned. other strips from the load  i got were fine.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

People fail to understand that rubber actually breaks down with time. That's why one should replace your van's timing belt every 7 years no matter how many miles it has done.

Share this post


Link to post


mike007
On 4/20/2018 at 07:57, clear view of silverton said:

 

With the heat the other day my razor red left lines everywhere and just caused me grief can anyone suggest a rubber that works in the heat but feels like red thanks

 

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

 

 

Had same problem on Friday with  Razr red in my liquidator channel, just got a Unger squeegee and black rubber from van and job solved.

Wondered whether it was the rubber, conditions or tool at time.May change my Moerman Fliq from Razr red to black  rubber too for Monday when I have some pole work with tool.

Edited by mike007
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
2 hours ago, mike007 said:

Had same problem on Friday with  Razr red in my liquidator channel, just got a Unger squeegee and black rubber from van and job solved.

Wondered whether it was the rubber, conditions or tool at time.May change my Moerman Fliq from Razr red to black  rubber too for Monday when I have some pole work with tool.

 

Change to hard rubber in the summer especially down south.

Share this post


Link to post
rugbywolf
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:57, clear view of silverton said:

 

With the heat the other day my razor red left lines everywhere and just caused me grief can anyone suggest a rubber that works in the heat but feels like red thanks

 

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

 

 

It's all a myth, this business of hard and soft rubbers. I now use only Razr red, and used them in the cold and the hot, and they are perfect every time. They will wear out, but never break down with me. The thing with the RazR reds is that they are soft but very pliant, so wear hard. I did use one of the hard ones years ago and didn't like them (still hanging up in the shed), so any ordinary or soft for me.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.