Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The power of hot water

Dave Shaw

I’ve just completed an fsg clean on my own house using hot water straight from my tap. Wow....what a difference it made and never even had the get the ubik out.
I’d definitely recommend it for fsg’s, conny roofs and your one off mingers.
Don’t reckon it would make a difference on regular maintenance window cleans though except for the odd freezing window in winter. That and you would have yourself a bloody expensive hand warmer.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’ve just completed an fsg clean on my own house using hot water straight from my tap. Wow....what a difference it made and never even had the get the ubik out.
Don’t reckon it would make a difference on regular maintenance window cleans though except for the odd freezing window in winter. That and you would have yourself a bloody expensive hand warmer.

Vast majority of fsg cleans don't require any chemicals, did a small job on Friday and they came up fine using cold water out the tank. Only use chems if they are black as I find the time it takes to apply them is longer than the time it saves. 

Vast majority of fsg cleans don't require any chemicals, did a small job on Friday and they came up fine using cold water out the tank. Only use chems if they are black as I find the time it takes to apply them is longer than the time it saves. 
I also did a fsg cold last week,green mouldy they were, and I just dunked the brush in the bucket with a splash of Screwfix Degreaser, surprised how well and easy it came up.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’ve not got that much experience in that sort of stuff tbh but I was just amazed at how much easier it was using hot than cold on really dirty stuff. Too busy on the glass at the minute on my regular cleans to be takin jobs like that on although 3 of my neighbours came enquiring whilst I was doing mine.

Exactly on a hot day  trying to do gfs cleans that are dried on algy with cold water it takes a while to get it to soak in with hot water it comes off with two passes of the brush , we generaly still spray with virosol first though as this also makes life easier I would rather spend 5 muinits spraying than 5 muinits scrubbing ???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock