Seriously clean 01

Soft washing a roof

DJT

What's the going rate for scrape and spray. Price per m2? 

scottish cleaning service
8 minutes ago, DJT said:

I just quote per roof. Small roof £200 and £300 for normal two bedroom house but that is my minimum price.

Diamond geezer

Looks good,and thanks for all the info cheers This  coment was meant for No name and PJJ,Thanks guys hope you get it

Edited by Diamond geezer

Pjj
57 minutes ago, DJT said:

We don’t charge by the sm2 I look at the total area and see what kit will be required,scaffolding,scaffold tower , amount of bio , time taken ,do  we have to remove moss from site , is it a heavy or light infestation etc prices start from £650 + expenses not Intrested in doing any roof for less . 

DJT

There's quite a few people having roofs jet washed by me and they are paying 1500 for a 4 bed detached. One of my customers paid 1100 to have just half the roof done!

I find the problem with add ons like roofs etc, I think of how much you can earn on windows on a decent day and you need to match that minimum. Hope that makes sence 

I'm beginning to notice i'm far too cheap? Will be bumping up to £300 minimum price now. Thanks for info 👍

Pjj
2 minutes ago, DJT said:

There's quite a few people having roofs jet washed by me and they are paying 1500 for a 4 bed detached. One of my customers paid 1100 to have just half the roof done!

I find the problem with add ons like roofs etc, I think of how much you can earn on windows on a decent day and you need to match that minimum. Hope that makes sence 

Yes I quite agree , roof cleaning where I am isn’t done that much , I have seen several roofs ruined by pressure washing , removing all the surface on the concrete tiles and making them porous , that resulted in the types having to be replaced  , the last couple of years in the summer months a group of pikeys have been going round walking over any roof pressure washing it and then spraying it with a coloured paint/ sealer to be fair it does  look good after but the paint  spray goes on everything!,,  we only offer scraping and either hypo wash or bio application, we have done a couple of shop roofs in a conservation area and had to jump through a few hoops but they do look good now but took about 6 months to look what I would class as acceptable that was with bio . 

P4dstar
6 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I'm beginning to notice i'm far too cheap? Will be bumping up to £300 minimum price now. Thanks for info 👍

I can make £300 with my feet firmly on the ground, Just saying 🤷‍♂️

I have heard all the horror stories and seen the results on PW and painting. One mob used oil based paint on front and emulsion on the back then the company got taken over and went bust. Then I seen a roof done correctly because she knew the guys cleaning and painting it. Honestly, 6yrs later and its still looking brand new because they used the correct paint and number of coats. If something is done right then it will last a long time. The cowboys can tar a whole industry, that's why it's so important to gain trust with our customers.

6 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I can make £300 with my feet firmly on the ground, Just saying 🤷‍♂️

Aye, i'm beginning to notice my worth now, its only taken 54yrs. 😅

Doddy111
1 hour ago, DJT said:

£10-15m2 depending on amount of moss, chem used, how many times I need to move the scaffolding etc... a standard up & over I generally charge £550-£600 and I still think that’s cheap considering how much of a graft it is