Jump to content

Price Increases Advice


chris70

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, BigFoot said:

Time to put up prices for me also, I’m priced well but know others in my area are well below what I see as acceptable. Many of my jobs are front only terraced properties.
I know some have a minimum charge on a job, I have compact work, what is the highest price you have on a regular 4 weekly cycle for 3 small terraced windows and door? I’m trying to get an idea of what the market cap is.

Saw a company the other day. Someone mentioned on here. £15 for front only if I remember correct and they are reportedly very busy. Southampton way I think. 

Link to post

Came accross a bit of a dilemma today on the round I had bought, although I had seen 90% of it, some of it was bought 'blind' ie: I had seen the houses but not the prices, just a rough idea of what a day was in that road/estate.
Turns out its 26 properties, mixed between large 3 bed semis and small bungalows with med-large windows (4-5 plus doors)......for £150🤨 Needless to say prices would all need to go over 100% on increases, tried to knock on a few but nobody home so decided to cut my losses, have dropped the round and will go back an canvass it in a few months once everyone is desperate for a window cleaner🤣 the safer option i reckon!

Link to post
Neil.. Lancashire
2 hours ago, Robt100 said:

Came accross a bit of a dilemma today on the round I had bought, although I had seen 90% of it, some of it was bought 'blind' ie: I had seen the houses but not the prices, just a rough idea of what a day was in that road/estate.
Turns out its 26 properties, mixed between large 3 bed semis and small bungalows with med-large windows (4-5 plus doors)......for £150🤨 Needless to say prices would all need to go over 100% on increases, tried to knock on a few but nobody home so decided to cut my losses, have dropped the round and will go back an canvass it in a few months once everyone is desperate for a window cleaner🤣 the safer option i reckon!

Some of those customers might not be best pleased you haven't spoken to them about this. It's not there fault that it's under priced! there just paying what you have asked of them.  I would get all there contact number and then explain the situation to them in a text and hopefully some will be understanding.

Communication is everything in business.  Your customers are not mind readers.

hope it goes well far you.

Link to post
37 minutes ago, Neil.. Lancashire said:

 I would get all there contact number and then explain the situation to them in a text and hopefully some will be understanding.

Communication is everything in business.  Your customers are not mind readers.

hope it goes well far you.


Those I could contact I have. Sadly can't spent a day or two trying to catch people in or posting notes at the moment. 90% of the customers have no contact details, it was just a turn up, clean, put a slip through kinda job. Was hoping the previous cleaner would have told them they were leaving/selling, but it seems not.

Link to post
38 minutes ago, Robt100 said:


Those I could contact I have. Sadly can't spent a day or two trying to catch people in or posting notes at the moment. 90% of the customers have no contact details, it was just a turn up, clean, put a slip through kinda job. Was hoping the previous cleaner would have told them they were leaving/selling, but it seems not.

With the greatest of respect if buying work you should have gone round it all with the guy doing it to see what you are getting and the price of each job it’s only then that you can make an informed decision as to wether the round is worth buying , also there should be a hand over of all names addresses and contact details before taking work over , so you know exactly how to contact them , the previous cleaner should also inform the customers that you will be taking over that’s just common courtesy.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
11 hours ago, Omega said:

Saw a company the other day. Someone mentioned on here. £15 for front only if I remember correct and they are reportedly very busy. Southampton way I think. 

I’ve done some work in Surrey and it was easy to pick up front only for a two up one down and door for £12.50 could probably push to £15 I think it’s  possible in more affluent areas to even get compact work around the highest price mark, it was working there that got me thinking how To develop and squeeze the most out of my area here. If I wasn’t established in my area I’d seriously consider relocating.

Link to post
Neil.. Lancashire
2 hours ago, Robt100 said:


Those I could contact I have. Sadly can't spent a day or two trying to catch people in or posting notes at the moment. 90% of the customers have no contact details, it was just a turn up, clean, put a slip through kinda job. Was hoping the previous cleaner would have told them they were leaving/selling, but it seems not.

Not the best of situation's.  I guess it was very well priced the work you have bought.

Hope you get the prices you really want.

Link to post
Master Jedi Alejandro
2 hours ago, BigFoot said:

I’ve done some work in Surrey and it was easy to pick up front only for a two up one down and door for £12.50 could probably push to £15 I think it’s  possible in more affluent areas to even get compact work around the highest price mark, it was working there that got me thinking how To develop and squeeze the most out of my area here. If I wasn’t established in my area I’d seriously consider relocating.

Two up one down for £12.50?! Dam forgot this, I'm moving! Where is it I'm driving down tomorrow?

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Two up one down for £12.50?! Dam forgot this, I'm moving! Where is it I'm driving down tomorrow?

I had commitments that dragged me to the area every month so decided to do Windows to subsidise the travel and accommodation expenses, we only took on easy fronts as we wanted fast work with no fuss as we had other things to do. It more than paid for the trip and we eat well too!
East Grinstead area. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

@chris70 A little update for you which may help you have a bit of piece of mind. Had two houses today that were severly underpriced on this round (£10 for a 4 bed detached, and £7 for a large 3 bed semi with extra windows😒). Explained to them that I can't make it financially viable at that price, explained how the old WC hadnt put prices up for years (about 20 in this case!) and inflation etc etc.

Had both of them agree to double their prices😉 Now I just need the whole round to do that and I'd have a few £k more to play with🤣

  • Like 4
Link to post
On 24/11/2020 at 18:21, BigFoot said:

I’ve done some work in Surrey and it was easy to pick up front only for a two up one down and door for £12.50 could probably push to £15 I think it’s  possible in more affluent areas to even get compact work around the highest price mark, it was working there that got me thinking how To develop and squeeze the most out of my area here. If I wasn’t established in my area I’d seriously consider relocating.

 

On 24/11/2020 at 20:51, BigFoot said:

I had commitments that dragged me to the area every month so decided to do Windows to subsidise the travel and accommodation expenses, we only took on easy fronts as we wanted fast work with no fuss as we had other things to do. It more than paid for the trip and we eat well too!
East Grinstead area. 

Hate to be a pedantic but East Grinstead is in West Sussex, not Surrey!  But still, it is indeed an affluent area!

Link to post
2 hours ago, NewGuy said:

 

Hate to be a pedantic but East Grinstead is in West Sussex, not Surrey!  But still, it is indeed an affluent area!

I would actually work  5 mins up the road in Redhill and Godstone I think both are in Surrey, just said East Grinstead area as more people would know where I was on about as its a larger town but yes ☑️ correct. Either way very pretty area, if I could afford to relocate that would do me nicely. On a side note the weather was much better than the foothills of the Breacon Beacons, the climate alone is worth the move 😂 

  • Like 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, BigFoot said:

I would actually work  5 mins up the road in Redhill and Godstone I think both are in Surrey, just said East Grinstead area as more people would know where I was on about as its a larger town but yes ☑️ correct. Either way very pretty area, if I could afford to relocate that would do me nicely. On a side note the weather was much better than the foothills of the Breacon Beacons, the climate alone is worth the move 😂 

I spent 4 years in Surrey (Weybridge and Walton-on-Thames) - moved away to go to college and they wouldn't allow me back.  They pushed their property prices up and up just to keep me from returning.  

  • Haha 4
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.