Battle of the batteries

steve garwood

Good evening fellow windies. 
I’m in the market for a new battery. Done a bit of research on here and the two pictured below seems to be the favourites.

Question is, which one, or is there another out there you would recommend?

I’m not worried about price as I want the best. Some help from you guys who know your electrics, amps, volts etc would be appreciated. 
Thank you in advance 🙂👨‍🦰

25ECA3ED-4111-44BA-B5C5-65EB3C656203.png

741AB647-78D6-45F6-8485-315E6508512D.jpeg

Just now, steve garwood said:

I’m in the market for a new battery. Done a bit of research on here and the two pictured below seems to be the favourites.

I’m not worried about price as I want the best. Some help from you guys who know your electrics, amps, volts etc would be appreciated. 

And some links of the best places to order would be great 👍

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davy G

• steve garwood

• ched999uk

• PDixon cvs

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Switching the V16 and previous V11 off powers down the display and controller will no longer drive anything. While connected to the controller micro processor goes into a standby mode Current here is

You're very welcome. In my case : For weight distribution I have one battery each side of the van, each In top quality, Noco battery boxes, on rubber matting on the floor, placed crossways behind

Europarts like to massively inflate the price so they can offer their 40 - 50% off discount codes. I don't think they ever sell batteries at the full price, there's always a code. 

Posted Images

Just had a quick look at specs:

numax xv31mf 105Ah 24kg

exide leisure er550 115Ah  27.7kg

Purely on the basis that the Exide is 3.7kg heavier I would go with that one. 

If you correct the weight for the difference in capacity then an Exide with a capacity of 105Ah it would weigh 25.3kg - so a little heavier than the Numax.

The lead is probably the most expensive part of the battery. So a heavier battery should mean thicker plates so better.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Just had a quick look at specs:

numax xv31mf 105Ah 24kg

exide leisure er550 115Ah  27.7kg

Purely on the basis that the Exide is 3.7kg heavier I would go with that one. 

If you correct the weight for the difference in capacity then an Exide with a capacity of 105Ah it would weigh 25.3kg - so a little heavier than the Numax.

The lead is probably the most expensive part of the battery. So a heavier battery should mean thicker plates so better.

Just looking at the prices for that Exide one.

Europarts £260!!

Ebay £94 

WTF!

10 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Just looking at the prices for that Exide one.

Europarts £260!!

Ebay £94 

WTF!

Europarts like to massively inflate the price so they can offer their 40 - 50% off discount codes. I don't think they ever sell batteries at the full price, there's always a code. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, steve garwood said:

From my nearly seven years experience with leisure batteries, I can very highly recommend the Numax 120 AH XV35MF. The published weight is 25.5kg. I believe they are of an advanced plate type so maybe that reduced the weight slightly. I can't say.

I got mine from a caravan centre near me, purely for the ability to return them personally if there were any problems. I use two, in parallel. I haven't had any issues at all. I had a quick look online and Go Batteries are advertising them for £127.49 Inc vat, about £10 for delivery. I'd always prefer to buy locally if possible, just incase.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
11 minutes ago, Davy G said:

From my nearly seven years experience with leisure batteries, I can very highly recommend the Numax 120 AH XV35MF. The published weight is 25.5kg. I believe they are of an advanced plate type so maybe that reduced the weight slightly. I can't say.

I got mine from a caravan centre near me, purely for the ability to return them personally if there were any problems. I use two, in parallel. I haven't had any issues at all. I had a quick look online and Go Batteries are advertising them for £127.49 Inc vat, about £10 for delivery. I'd always prefer to buy locally if possible, just incase.

Edit : I just had another look and the advertised weight is 28.3 kg. The previous weight I quoted was on adifferent site but out of stock. Things are very rarelly as straight forward as they should be. 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
30 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

How long would you say your battery should last, if you work on average 5 days a week? 

I expect four years minimum. Five or six probably.

Edited by Davy G
scottish cleaning service
13 minutes ago, Eric gorman said:

Super deep deep cycle leisure battery had it 4 weeks use power reel every day 30 x a day still not needing charge 

What make and ampere is that battery? thanks

27 minutes ago, Eric gorman said:

Super deep deep cycle leisure battery had it 4 weeks use power reel every day 30 x a day still not needing charge 

Don't let it go below 50% charge (12.1 to 12.2v) otherwise you will be damaging it's ability to store charge i.e. reduce it's capacity!!!

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, steve garwood said:

Numax, Exide are pants 

• Thanks 1