Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

is it possible to run a 2 men band from a smaller van?

Small van like Peugeot Partner or Ford connect? I have a 425ltr tank installed so I'm guessing that won't last long between 2 people. what if I do WFP top windows then trad bottom. Anyone tried it with an employee ? I know ideally a bigger van with bigger system is preferred but I rather have many small vans instead. 

3 minutes ago, Amazin said:

Small van like Peugeot Partner or Ford connect? I have a 425ltr tank installed so I'm guessing that won't last long between 2 people. what if I do WFP top windows then trad bottom. Anyone tried it with an employee ? I know ideally a bigger van with bigger system is preferred but I rather have many small vans instead. 

There are plenty of guys doing 2 men setups from smaller vans

You've pretty much answered your own question??¿¿

Size of tank + 2 men = water runs out quicker 

I am root beer

More than do-able in my opinion. Just make sure to use the uni-valve and also that your technique is bang on not agitating and rinsing unnecessarily. 

We can get around 45 - 50 houses on an 800l tank, so if you're careful with water usage and trad ground floor then you should be able to do at least that many.

17 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

How easy is it to pop back and fill up again, say lunch time?

It would have to be an early lunch with that amount of water 😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Pjj said:

It would have to be an early lunch with that amount of water 😂😂😂😂

Coffee break lads, lunch break lads... Dam Where's the water gone 

Just now, Part Timer said:

We can get around 45 - 50 houses on an 800l tank, so if you're careful with water usage and trad ground floor then you should be able to do at least that many.

Yes it’s doable we do 80-100 with 1000 ltr on regular 4 weekly estate houses . 

Weve always had 2 or more workers per each van. At one stage had 4 per crewvan. This is on ladders however . We currently only have 2 per van after dropping all the commercial . 

Jamesmarshall

If your work is close it can be done , you’ll be rationing it which isn’t really ideal and you will definitely be going back to fill up; probably twice 🤣some days I can use well over 600 litres on my own 

Posted (edited)

I would imagine 425L would be fine for maintenance cleans as long as you don't waste water but once you factor in any add ons or first cleans, then you may not have enough on those days. 

Edited by NewGuy

Depends on your work......if you trad a lot of ground floor windows then 425L could last you 5 or 6 hours(which is a full day for me)...but both of you WFP?no chance...you'll be empty by lunchtime.....

Dont forget you cant totally drain your tank anyway or you ll end up with air locks galore!

We had good systems using my Caddy with 400L tank for 5 to 6 hours every day. I tried to trad ground floor and big patio doors as much as possible and using tap water for 1st cleans. Water was constantly on my mind and we finished when run out of water not work... but, some days I was happy we didnt have any more water 🤣

Today was 1st day with big tank, after 6hrs came back home with lots of water 😂 but, it was plesure to use as much as needed 🙂

Two days of the week, there are two of us working from a Berlingo with a 350l tank. We have to refill halfway through the working day but it's more than doable. We have univalves and don't waste water.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.