Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bought some Ecover today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Is this the correct stuff? Thanks

%24_3.JPG

Wrong one mate. You want the washing up liquid. That's all purpose cleaner. But don't despair. Put a capful of that in your bucket as well. I put one capful of flash in mine with my ecover washing up liquid.

Thanks guys. So you`re sure putting a neat spot on the wfp won`t wreck the water readings?
u can add (ecover lemmon washing up liquid) to ur pure water ive never done it but lots do ide say use a seringe to mesure the amount u put in to start with,just put a very small amount in tho bild up till ur happy ,ide try it in a 25l drum an use it throu a bk pk if u have 1 then u can wrk out the mesurements for ur big tank that way /emoticons/smile.png

I splash some straight on the brush. Froth the window and frames up and rinse loads.
i spray ubik on the brush i mix 10 parts water to 1 part ubik i may add a squart of ecover to the spray gun to as an extra cleaning power never thault do doing that b 4

All i do if needed now, is i have a tiny bottle of ecover (lemon) in my pocket, and when needed just put a drop on the brush neat, scrub windows and rinse.......perfect!!!!!
Bob on innit bingo?Put a splash of water on said windows, foam up, go to some other windows for a minute then come back and wash and rinse.

Its been back doors and patio doors mostly i've been doing like this cause of the splash back from all the rain, sticks like sxxx to a blanket lol
Me too, ecover washing up liquid is excellent and this is the easiest way to use it on windows and frames.

I use stuff called magica one go its from a company from e-bay & is designed for use with wfp, brilliant on upvc frames & glass. Does anyone else use this ?????????????

I use stuff called magica one go its from a company from e-bay & is designed for use with wfp, brilliant on upvc frames & glass. Does anyone else use this ?????????????
sound like its wrth a bash ive never tryed it or hurd of it

how much washing up liquid do you guys go thru? im going thru 1 or 2 litre bottles a week [4 workers] . im thinking of buying one of those pump top soap dispensers that you used to see at school ,screw it to the inside of my van

I've used the washing up liquid on the brush technique. It does work. But I haven't tried ecover. Much predicted tip. Will get some.

However, what does interest me is putting it in your water pre pump. I accept what I see in the video up there that it doesn't mess with your Tds. Don't know if it being 100% natural somehow helps that. So in theory it won't cause spotting on the window either. And I see how it might help the water to sheet. Though I have my own theories on whether a sheeting window is actually better than a beading one. But that's another discussion. It's the potential cleaning power on first cleans and a couple of problem jobs that is most valuable.

The chap in the video puts it in post DI. I keep my DI chamber in my truck post pump, pre hose reel. Any thoughts on whether it's effect would be nullified by going through the DI? Or would it cause increased degradation of DI?

after you have cleaned your problem window with ecover, moving on to your other windows takes ages getting the soap out your brush
I change my brush after I have soaped them. This stops that problem.

Back