Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ae mackintosh pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just telling it as I see it, from the videos I have watched of Dave he is fairly straight talking and things are explained clearly which I like.

As for AE Mackintosh from what little I've seen he is just self promoting he pops up once in a while on a FB page and is just self-promoting his videos he doesn't contribute anything else and some people treat him like a celebrity :ROFLMAO:
I started this thread because I couldn’t find any info about his self named pole anywhere. I would never buy anything at this price without a proper review or an unbiased test. There’s literally no info about it except on his socials. This is a red flag straight away. I’ve been in the business 23 years but only wfp two years hence the question about poles.
Looking like a gardiner slx at this stage. Seems like the best value for money and an industry favourite.

I started this thread because I couldn’t find any info about his self named pole anywhere. I would never buy anything at this price without a proper review or an unbiased test. There’s literally no info about it except on his socials. This is a red flag straight away. I’ve been in the business 23 years but only wfp two years hence the question about poles.
Looking like a gardiner slx at this stage. Seems like the best value for money and an industry favourite.
It must be difficult for him to promote his poles but as you say the lack of independent tests would concern me also. I do watch his vids as sometimes I pick up little things that can help. He also has a podcast where he interviews other people which has interesting bit in. He did one a little while ago about his poles and the materials used in each one, each length is a different material! He was talking about why he chose each one etc.

Personally I would stick with Gardiners, as I gain more experience (only been going 18 months) I can more understand the properties and features of the pole and it's components - like clamps and goosenecks etc.

If it's just for you not for an employee I would think about the Gardiner Extreme poles as they are lighter and stiffer than the SLX but more fragile, so if you look after your tools you should be fine.

They're all at it nowadays, they've all got online schools now where you can take their courses at ridiculous prices. Trad man academy for example where you can learn how to traditionally clean windows (online via a video call, of course) for hundreds of pounds (I believe).

It’s all about money my mate buys new ladder then sends it off to hs place to be tested and they put a sticker on saying safe to use ? I said buy me a coffee and I’ll tell you if it’s safe not shore how much he pays ?‍♂️?‍♂️

They're all at it nowadays, they've all got online schools now where you can take their courses at ridiculous prices. Trad man academy for example where you can learn how to traditionally clean windows (online via a video call, of course) for hundreds of pounds (I believe).
Trad man is ridiculous. Although trad is a skill, it’s a skill that can be learned very quickly and it really only takes being on the job for a few weeks to become efficient at it.
He talks like he some kind of guru.

I mean it`ll be a carbon pole much like any other on the market its not going to do anything different. I know window cleaners like to buy different stuff out of boredom but cant really see the point myself. The main difference between poles is clamps find what you prefer. For ease of use gardiners is hard to beat imo.

Everyone on youtube likes to think there are a guru whether its cleaning or fitness/gym advice even if they have very little experience....

Pole wise you can't beat an SLX or a xline nano pole IMO...an xtreme if you don't mind replacing it after a year or so

I found the nano pole very slow in operation sections don’t slide freely and clamps don’t bite very well them anty pinch clamps don’t work as well it’s bit top heavy I’ll be going with 25ft extreme next time

I found the nano pole very slow in operation sections don’t slide freely and clamps don’t bite very well them anty pinch clamps don’t work as well it’s bit top heavy I’ll be going with 25ft extreme next time

I found the same when i first bought the nano, it is a bit heavier than the extreme and when new the sections dont slide as well. The clamps also take some getting used to. However once it beds in its slides no problem and although its slightly heavier it lasts twice as long as a result. In fact the wear on my nano is less than the wear on my slx.

Ive had 2 extremes, they are ready for the bin after 18 months the nano ive had since november 2021 and its still going strong, no replacemnet sections or spinning unlike the extreme. Nano all the way for me just a shame they dotnt do a 22ft version.

That’s good to here I’ll see how mine goes normally get 2 years out of a extreme in that 2 years normally snap 2 sections

My nano pole is in the bin after 14 months(snapped 2 sections last week)so I've gone back to an xtreme 25 as my everyday pole.first day using it today and it feels fantastic as it's brand new....?

If it would of lasted 2 or more years I'd have bought another nano but it's lasted no longer than an equivalent xtreme (plus it's heavier with inferior clamps).the end caps are **** too.

The xtreme 25 is around £100 more than the nano but makes my day even easier cos its lighter so I'll be sticking to Gardiners from now on...?

Latest Posts

Back