Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ae mackintosh pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ocahan01

Has anyone on here used one of Ae mackintosh’s poles ? I’m considering trying something different but can’t find any reviews or videos online from anyone other than himself.
I’m currently using a 22ft ova8 carbon pole which is very good but after two years I’m ready to treat myself to something new.

Has anyone on here used one of Ae mackintosh’s poles ? I’m considering trying something different but can’t find any reviews or videos online from anyone other than himself.
I’m currently using a 22ft ova8 carbon pole which is very good but after two years I’m ready to treat myself to something new.

Noticed he had his own brand of poles now, the only way you would know if they are genually any good is go to Northampton and spy on him and see if he actually uses them daily.

I personally would stick with the tried and trusted brands.You really can't go wrong with Gardiners.

Anything he promotes He is normally given for free or paid to do so.So will always be biased towards the brands.

It's hard finding genuine reviews for products because of this, its annoying when it turns out not how they say it is, if someone was throwing free stuff at me though I wouldn't be complaining. I noticed people can do courses as if it's a diploma through himself now though. Your not trying to send someone to the moon, if you have any common sense it shouldn't be much of a problem to start up. Think that's just ripping people off tbh.

I think every man and their dog “ my old man’s saying” have tried selling this pole under their own brand name. Looking at it looks the same pole you also see on EBay under different names.

lol how much graft does he actually do? you cant be that busy filming youtube **** all day long ? i bet id kill his pole in a month .

stick to gardiner

I’ve only used gardiner and still on my first pole. I don’t use it all day every day as I’m still part trad. But I’m so happy with my slx I don’t think I’d ever try anything else. Ova isn’t too far from me. But very pleased with gardiner so couldn’t see myself going anywhere else.

As for the AE Mackintosh I think he has a good channel and clearly has done well setting up his business the way he has. But he isn’t a product designer/ engineer so can imagine it just being something made in china with his name slapped on it. Like all the channels as well as squeaky clean Dave. Nice man but I’ve lost interest in watching them all since they’ve been pushing products they’ve clearly had some sort of incentive or paid promotion for.

It's hard finding genuine reviews for products because of this, its annoying when it turns out not how they say it is, if someone was throwing free stuff at me though I wouldn't be complaining. I noticed people can do courses as if it's a diploma through himself now though. Your not trying to send someone to the moon, if you have any common sense it shouldn't be much of a problem to start up. Think that's just ripping people off tbh.
I certainly would take business advice from the guy and you would have to be a mug to pay for it.

if you look on his Instagram there’s a picture of him cleaning a town house(2nd floor) window from a ladder on a gravel drive.Not someone I would go to for advice in this industry..

well, from looking at the you tube video, i don't think alex will be losing any sleep.

1, the clamps on those poles are an old chinese version used for telescopic poles they weren't that good even back then.

2. there is no mention of a glass fibre/insulating bottom section which is a must if you wanted to be professional and safe when you are selling a pole.

3. the stuff he is talking about is what i was used some 7 years ago and although the sections are ok the clamps are horrible trust me on that,
they are not made for wfp but are good for holding a camera for studio sets or radio antenas but not wfp.

good luck if you buy one of these, i echo @doug atkinson comments, as it'll be not worth the investment. if you are using an ova8 at the moment just try a gardiners slx and whilst it'll last a fair few years it will be always the best bit of kit you will have ever bought.
i really do hate to say this but, there is no better pole than these and i do hope someone can at some point come up with something to compete with alex just to get him to bring out the newer version

I think every man and their dog “ my old man’s saying” have tried selling this pole under their own brand name. Looking at it looks the same pole you also see on EBay under different names.
When you say “this pole” is it a generic brand do you think ?
I’m probably going to stick to buying another ova8. The one I’m using hasn’t given me any trouble at all I just would have liked to try something different. There’s quite a few brands on the market now but as a few lads have been saying it’s hard to get an honest unbiased review.
poles can be expensive so I’m not really looking to spend 100s of pound on something I find out I don’t like.

I've had unger, gardiner and ova8 poles.

Unger ****.

Gardiner decent and last

Ova8 I'm a year in love the shape seems to be wearing better than a gardiner so far all the carbon hasn't started to scrape if resulting in mucky hands and gloves and I have two ova8 poles that I use daily.

I do think that gardiners make the best brushes though tried most always end up with a gardiner brush on

What attachments do I need to fit a Gardiner brush to an ova8 ? I do find the ova8 brushes tend to get very hard after a while.

What attachments do I need to fit a Gardiner brush to an ova8 ? I do find the ova8 brushes tend to get very hard after a while.
Just take the plastic adapter of the top of the ova8 and put into onto the gardiner use the same screws. Like for like fit using same holes already in brush. Just check that not much of the screw isn't showing though the bristle side

I give up with utube guys talking a load of sxxxxxt Gardner leading the way can’t see that changing anytime soon it’s happened in fishing too utube guys just trying to make money off people or to get free stuff from suppliers

Squeaky clean Dave and Ashley Macintosh Youtube channels have been a massive resource for me starting out in the last year. Wouldn’t have done it without them and I trust anything they recommend, they are always upfront about product reviews and whether they have been supplied the item for free. I think it’s an outdated view to think people on YouTube (obviously some are) are trying to rip people off. If you know anything about that game, you’ll know how authenticity and reputation are key to success. The rip off merchants get discovered very quickly.

Squeaky clean Dave and Ashley Macintosh Youtube channels have been a massive resource for me starting out in the last year. Wouldn’t have done it without them and I trust anything they recommend, they are always upfront about product reviews and whether they have been supplied the item for free. I think it’s an outdated view to think people on YouTube (obviously some are) are trying to rip people off. If you know anything about that game, you’ll know how authenticity and reputation are key to success. The rip off merchants get discovered very quickly.
But all they do is IMO is trawl through forums and FB pages and then make out like they have come up with these helpful tips and ideas, they ain't plucking this stuff out of thin air, also it makes me chuckle that Squeaky Clean Dave gets stuff for nothing for years yet ratchet straps his tank and has loft insulation and a duvet chucked over his tank, he can't claim to bias when he is getting stuff for nowt using a free new pole and wearing free hoodies.

Squeaky Clean Dave comes across as a decent fella but some stuff has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
But all they do is IMO is trawl through forums and FB pages and then make out like they have come up with these helpful tips and ideas, they ain't plucking this stuff out of thin air, also it makes me chuckle that Squeaky Clean Dave gets stuff for nothing for years yet ratchet straps his tank and has loft insulation and a duvet chucked over his tank, he can't claim to bias when he is getting stuff for nowt using a free new pole and wearing free hoodies.

Squeaky Clean Dave comes across as a decent fella but some stuff has to be taken with a pinch of salt.
i wanted to say just the self same thing a while ago but, held back, thinking it make dave look well, not so good.
glad you said that.

i wanted to say just the self same thing a while ago but, held back, thinking it make dave look well, not so good.
glad you said that.
Just telling it as I see it, from the videos I have watched of Dave he is fairly straight talking and things are explained clearly which I like.

As for AE Mackintosh from what little I've seen he is just self promoting he pops up once in a while on a FB page and is just self-promoting his videos he doesn't contribute anything else and some people treat him like a celebrity :ROFLMAO:

You can make a good living out of You Tube once you hit a certain amount of subscribers. If you have the time/equipment/media editing skills it can become a big secondary income. A lot of their viewers aren't people.like.us i.e. in the game. People like to watch things getting cleaned..

You can make a good living out of You Tube once you hit a certain amount of subscribers. If you have the time/equipment/media editing skills it can become a big secondary income. A lot of their viewers aren't people.like.us i.e. in the game. People like to watch things getting cleaned..
Is it that what you're really trying to say is when your wife and kids are in bed you like watching videos of people cleaning ?

Latest Posts

Back