Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ae mackintosh pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Trad man is ridiculous. Although trad is a skill, it’s a skill that can be learned very quickly and it really only takes being on the job for a few weeks to become efficient at it.
He talks like he some kind of guru.

By the end of the first day you can do it, it's getting up to speed that takes a bit longer. If he wipes the frames like he does in his videos he will be doing about 5 houses a day.

By the end of the first day you can do it, it's getting up to speed that takes a bit longer. If he wipes the frames like he does in his videos he will be doing about 5 houses a day.
Yeah agree like I said it only take a few weeks to become very efficient.

He had a video recently of him working in the snow and I don’t mean there was snow on the ground it was actually snowing as he was working ! We all know the mess snow can’t make on windows.
I have seen the same vid i think, he was cleaning 2 inches of snow off some veluxes and had his Mrs out with him in it???

i had a play with the Mackintosh pole at the expo. I bought the new Hex pole from X-Line instead, like most of you guys I’m a Gardiner man but my current SLX is less than a year old and is spinning like mad when I put pressure on it. I have a couple of Ova8 poles which are nearly 4 years old and still work really well. The Hex pole is good. It’s light, but it isn’t wearing that well
Pound for pound I think the Ova8 poles are better value for money but only with the light Gardiner brushes.

i had a play with the Mackintosh pole at the expo. I bought the new Hex pole from X-Line instead, like most of you guys I’m a Gardiner man but my current SLX is less than a year old and is spinning like mad when I put pressure on it. I have a couple of Ova8 poles which are nearly 4 years old and still work really well. The Hex pole is good. It’s light, but it isn’t wearing that well
Pound for pound I think the Ova8 poles are better value for money but only with the light Gardiner brushes.
Yes must admit my 17 foot ova 8 has served me well over the 3 years ive had it. Bit heavier but used in conjunction with a supreme du pont brush is fantastic. Got a 22 foot gardiner SLX now love the stiffness. Just hope it is as robust as the ova 8 was

well, from looking at the you tube video, i don't think alex will be losing any sleep.

1, the clamps on those poles are an old chinese version used for telescopic poles they weren't that good even back then.

2. there is no mention of a glass fibre/insulating bottom section which is a must if you wanted to be professional and safe when you are selling a pole.

3. the stuff he is talking about is what i was used some 7 years ago and although the sections are ok the clamps are horrible trust me on that,
they are not made for wfp but are good for holding a camera for studio sets or radio antenas but not wfp.

good luck if you buy one of these, i echo @doug atkinson comments, as it'll be not worth the investment. if you are using an ova8 at the moment just try a gardiners slx and whilst it'll last a fair few years it will be always the best bit of kit you will have ever bought.
i really do hate to say this but, there is no better pole than these and i do hope someone can at some point come up with something to compete with alex just to get him to bring out the newer version
I’ve had my slx30 from day one ,replaced a couple of sections & reglued a couple of clamps but still going strong after 7yrs of everyday use ?

I brought a slx 22 about a month ago and it's spinning already. Not happy with it. Looking at others now.

I brought a slx 22 about a month ago and it's spinning already. Not happy with it. Looking at others now.

I don't expect things to last forever, but if I pay a fair amount of money for something and it's not working as it should and its under 12 months old then il email them and explain the situation. I'm pretty honest with them when they ask if I've done x y or z with it as if it's something I've done then really that's on me. When it looks like I've not done anything that would make an item faulty then the company usually have no problems replacing the item. It's not happened alot tbh but the odd occasion ot has happened its been rectified.

Has the clamp come unglued or is the section badly worn down ?cannot imagine it’s worn in that amount of time ?. We get at least 3 years out of a six used 8 hours a day 5 days a week ,never get cleaned or serviced in that time .

Just watched the recent mackintosh video the poles he use whip about everywhere defo not for me. I’m too fond of my extremes pole light and rigid no kinetic bounce.
Yeah funny I was just watching this the other night as well. It looks so unstable and bendy.

Hi Shinyboy

If the section is spinning within 30 days then something is not right with the pole.

1. Does the clamp need adjusting - these need to be set up so that they hold the section tight from new. Then keep them adjusted during the life of the pole to ensure most reliable clamping life.

2. If adjusting the clamp up does not sort this then something must be wrong. Please send us an email on [email protected] with your telephone number & one of our team can call you back & help get whatever is wrong sorted.

Alex

Phantom poles for me
Never get spinning with them and not even worn at all in 9 months

Yeah that’s the one? embarrassing
I have worked in snow since 1991 and never a problem trad or wfp

Has the clamp come unglued or is the section badly worn down ?cannot imagine it’s worn in that amount of time ?. We get at least 3 years out of a six used 8 hours a day 5 days a week ,never get cleaned or serviced in that time .
No it's not come unglued. I had a clx22 before and it lasted just over 2 years.just brought Slx22 and month old and it's spinning. I keep adjusting it daily. Don't normally have a problem. I've also got 35slx and over 2 years old and still good

Latest Posts

Back