Another water tank question !!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Natty1972, Mar 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

I ,m using a pf trolley with barrels ( been using about 10 barrels on average but laterly I've been using a little more) ...I use it as a static with a hosereel sometimes if I ve got a few jobs together or on bigger houses ... I was thinking about putting a water tank in the my van and just using my trolley for awkward houses ....

I was under the impression that if you put a water tank in you had to have it framed and inspected for your insurance company....

If I just strapped it in using the anchor points would I be breaking the law ????

If you are allowed to strap it down would a 350 tank be ok for a combo van ... Any views would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Nathan

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Most ppl can get away with just strapping a tank in and hope for the best. The problem with that is in the event of a crash you have no idea if the anchor points it is attached to is going to hold up or not.

3. simon

simon Guru

I have a 350 tank ratchet strapped into my berlingo first, been like that for 3 yrs now & no problem. I only use backpacks so I have a 1" outlet tap in the tank so they fill in seconds rather than minutes.
    I've had 1 small crash when a lovely cuddly old lady pulled out in front of me & that never shifted the tank
    best move I ever did was getting tank n van

Advertisement